xmas food

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
does anyone have any sw xmas recipes or ideas for food both for xmas eve buffet and xmas dinner?
thanks

get the latest magazine it has loads of things in. but remember syns dont count on xmas day!!!

Ha ha ha yh the mag is great and I love the syns dont count lol
x

even my consultant said sw isnt about loosing over christmas its about staying in control of an inevitable gain

My SW consultant took the mick out of someone who lost weight over Christmas week once.

Saying she needs to get a life etc (in a joking way), but I'm hoping for a less than 2lb gain (it's my birthday on the 23rd Dec too) x

it's mine on the 15th! Wow lots of December birthdays here!

The thing about Christmas is that, yes the food is lovely, I really enjoy the actual xmas dinner, but as for all the other bits like big boxes of quality street/minature heroes, cakes and mince pies etc, in past years I've found myself eating those without even realising it, that's the part that I want to completely stop this year! I'm not even into chocolate that much! It's like I'm on auto-pilot!

Mentioned it on another thread on here but you could do pigs in blankets - morrisons syn free sausages wrapped in bacon. great with your dinner and on a buffet.

you could make syn free quiche, they are good for buffets

you could take some bread and using a pastry cutter cut small circles out and then use tesco's reduced fat egg mayo sandwich filler and make a few open sandwiches. if the bread is part of your heb then this is SYN FREE

if I think of any other buffet ideas I will come back. :)

Well I plan to adopt the all syns free approach on xmas day and boxing day BUT try to be sensible. I'm going to make myself stop and think before stuffing in those chocolates and mince pies. I want to enjoy my xmas and all the yum food that comes with it but I don't want to regret it for all of January!

this is my xmas menu
starter
prawn cocktail
main
roast beef,roast pots,sprouts,carrots,cabbage,parsnips,swede..
pudding
xmas pudding,clotted cream/pouring cream or custard.
my other choice of pudding as my mum and me are going to be good is
meringue nest filled with total0% and mixed fruit and a fruit sauce

buffet ideas for the evening
gammon ham
chicken drumsticks
pigs in blankets
salad stuff..lettuce ,toms,cucumber
free quiches

so i should be stuffed after all this and wont want to pick at the chocs,and mince pies(yeah right ill keep telling myself that lol)

Snap!!! Its mine on the 29th too!

Don't you just find its a dreadful time to have a Birthday? I hate it!!
Its neither Christmas nor New Year.....its that bit inbetween when everyone is pooped from all the Christmas celebrations and waiting for the New Years ones!:eek:
yes i do hate it as every one bloody forget,its ok though i do remind them lol:Dx

I think it must be a pain for everyone though....its my Mums on the 30th, the day after and I know what a pain that is!!! ;) If I haven't got her a card before the shops bring out all the festive ones, then I may aswell forget it!
Think I'll be like the Queen and have 2 Birthdays.....a lovely Summer one, how nice would that be?

Oh and just to keep on topic, I am going to try and be good this year foodwise or else I will spend the first 6 months of the year trying to lose my gain!! Its just not worth it.

I think it must be a pain for everyone though....its my Mums on the 30th, the day after and I know what a pain that is!!! ;) If I haven't got her a card before the shops bring out all the festive ones, then I may aswell forget it!
Think I'll be like the Queen and have 2 Birthdays.....a lovely Summer one, how nice would that be?

Oh and just to keep on topic, I am going to try and be good this year foodwise or else I will spend the first 6 months of the year trying to lose my gain!! Its just not worth it.
i already do have 2 birthdays lol!!yeah it would be nice to have a summer birthday,or anytime of the year apart from xmas lol..i have that in writing that your going to be good lol..its defo not worth it you only end up feeling like crap and the if onlies come into your head..enjoy xmas just everything in moderation xx:D

i have the mag theres a few in there i like
ty for some great idea
i must dtick to plan xmas cause we r going out new year and i want to get in my dress.

i have the mag theres a few in there i like
ty for some great idea
i must dtick to plan xmas cause we r going out new year and i want to get in my dress.
ive found in the past that if you stick to your 3 meals a day and dont pick in btween you should be ok,i know thats easier said then done as theres lots of nice food in the house,im going to try and and not buy all the naughty things to nibble on..
just thought of another buffet thing how about crudites??:)im sure youll have no probs getting into your dress xx

Back