Yay! I've reached my target...how do I stay there?

Kefalonian at heart

thinking about food
Hello,

I have reached my target this week! I'm really pleased but don't have much information about to keep around my target. I was a SW online member but had to cancel my subscription after 3 months due to financial circumstances. I don't want to loose much more weight (if any) but I also don't want to slip back into my old habits. I'm keeping up a food diary as my husband is still on plan, can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks

x

If you have a smart phone id recommend the my fitness pal app... im on a dofferent diet but reached goal a few weeks ago and this apl has been a god send. Helps me track my calories and plan ahead... hope it helps :)

Hi well done!!! Slimming world say don't increase syns. Increase your healthy extras. So this week have 1 extra a and 1b see where you are next week and increase or decrease as needed. Apparently it takes a while to work out what is right for you. So just play around with your he until you are maintaining

That's what I have been advised to do do as well. They said every other day have extra healthy extras and play with it that way. Good luck and well done

Keep up the enthusiasm, keep weighing in, come on here a chat alot. Yes add some hexs until you are maintaining - that is the practical side of things but the psychological side is the hardest. Think of the SW plan as a way of ensuring you are eating healthily not a means to be losing weight. Don't get too caught up on what your actual target is - more the trend for gains, losses or maintains.

I am speaking from bad experience here rather than as a successful maintainer so I don't know if what I am writing is correct I just know that I lost enthusiasm, stopped going to group, ate alot of rubbish and gained 9 lb quite quickly. For a while I did go to weigh ins but it was all about just being in the top of the target range and if I was in the range then I started eating again. I am now trying to focus on healthy eating, have thrown my target out the window and am looking for a gradual trend downwards with some success so far.

good luck with the next stage of your journey!

Thanks for your advice guys, I will try the extra HEx's route. I don't have an iphone but I do keep track of my food diary which is really helping. I am a bit afraid of thinking 'well the hell' for an extra glass of wine, or something sweet but I will remember how much effort I have put in to get to my target weight! Also my OH can help keep me on track. Thanks again

Back