Yeo Valley Fat Free Lemon & Poppyseed Yogurt

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Found this in Asda today (2 for £2) and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to put it through the calculator please. .I know if won't be free because there's double the sugar than the Mullers but I'm hoping it comes up a bit better than the 7 syns per 1/3 pot (if we used the 20 cal / 1 syn rule).

Thanks in anticipation.

https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-we-make/yeogurt/lemon-poppy-seed-yeogurt

This is what is confusing to me about the 20 cal = 1 syn rule cos i would have put the yogurt down as 7 too. On the snackulator does it have the protein and fats and all of that? Cos some choc's and crisps are higher in fat and suger than others but same cals. Am confussed:sigh: Hope am not syning wrong and thats why my weight losses are slow. Please could someone put my mind a rest. Thanks

Alsbaby, when a food doesn't have a free food allowance (choc, crisps, cake, drinks etc) it's technically irrelevant about the fat v sugar amounts . . . it'd be a straight 1 syn for every 20 cals. Some manufacturers do reduce the amount of fat to try & coax us to buy but they have to replace the fat with something, so they add more sugar - :doh:

However, in this case, I assume Kelly selected 'yoghurt' as the free food on the SW Syns Calculator which, has a sneaky jiggery pockery way of calculating depending on a number of ingredients, it comes out as less syns.

It does seem confusing but just think, if you overestimated you syns for things like this, it would be in your favour at the end of the day :D

Alsbaby, when a food doesn't have a free food allowance (choc, crisps, cake, drinks etc) it's technically irrelevant about the fat v sugar amounts . . . it'd be a straight 1 syn for every 20 cals.
However, in this case, I assume Kelly selected 'yoghurt' as the free food on the SW Syns Calculator which, has a sneaky jiggery pockery way of calculating depending on a number of ingredients, it comes out as less syns.
It does seem confusing but just think, if you overestimated you syns for things like this, it would be in your favour at the end of the day :D

I didnt put it it through the calculator, i put it through the syns on the go app on my iphone, you dont have to put the nutritional value in as it has a database of 1000's of foods with the syn value worked out for you, and on there it said 4.5syns for a 450g tub, i trust the app more than the calculator as on the app the syns values have been worked out by slimming world where as the calculator i think leaves room for human error as you are entering the details in manually!! Maybe there is some degree of free food in it as it is 0% yoghurt but with added sugars and thats why the 20 cal/1 syn rule doesnt apply to this xx

Wish i had that app. Then again i wish i had a good enough phone to get the app in the first place:8855: Do you have to be in class to download it? And would it work on the Galaxy phone cos my hubby has one of those. Am the only tramp in this house with an only messing phone and that was second hand at that ha

Wish i had that app. Then again i wish i had a good enough phone to get the app in the first place:8855: Do you have to be in class to download it? And would it work on the Galaxy phone cos my hubby has one of those. Am the only tramp in this house with an only messing phone and that was second hand at that ha

Pmsl!! Yeah in order to access the syns on the go section you have to go to class, im not sure about a galaxy phone?? tho if it is an app phone i dont see why it wouldnt be available x

Back