Yet another Newbie – hello from a persistent lurker!!

As my username suggests I have a huge problem with avoiding things!

I thought I’d better bite the bullet and finally join in the fun after weeks of lurking! I feel like I know a lot of you already and I wanted to say a big thank you to all the lovely members than have (unknowingly!) kept me going during this time.

Just a quick intro (I’ll start a proper diary and can bore you there!). I’ve been on Exante since October 2010. It started well and I’d lost 34lbs by my birthday early in December. Unfortunately, I fell staggeringly off the wagon and put back on a stone by the New Year. Anyway, I’m back on it and have just finished week 1 of my restart, I’m absolutely chuffed and lost 12lbs (although I’m now a bit dubious about the accuracy of my scales :rolleyes:).

So I’m nearly back to where I left off in December, and I really must stick to it this time as I have no distractions such as Birthday and Christmas to use as an excuse. And I so desperately want to be able to wear pretty clothes in the summer (yes, I’m that shallow!) and not look ridiculous and sweaty in baggy clothes that cover every inch of me. So fingers crossed, and I’ll strap myself to that blimmin’ wagon if it kills me!

Well done to everyone on their fantastic losses. Especially to those of you with families to feed, hats off to you, I don’t think I could cope with such temptation. And to anyone who is thinking of starting/just started this diet – stick with it, it really is worth it!
:D

Hi
What's shallow about wanting to wear pretty dresses?Absolutely nothing wrong with that.Regarding your restart-congratulations on your loss this week that's fab. xx

:welcome:Hi Lara

Wow, 12lbs is a fantastic loss. :happy096: Congratulations

Just for the record, you are not at all shallow. Wearing summer dresses is a fantastic goal to keep you focused, and it's so liberating to be able to feel and look good in whatever you choose to wear. I am a similar weight to you and have just a little more to lose (I'm a bit of shorty), so I will be very interested in your progress as well. My official weigh day is Wednesday (first full week on Exante), but I'm not sure I'll match your impressive first week's loss. as I was so hungry yesterday I had a fourth Exante meal (soup).

Well done on peeking out and your weight loss

Julie

Lara, thats not shallow at all. the goal of being able to wear pretty little tops and things is what is keeping me going. You are allowed to be selfish, if thats what you call it ...do this for you and how you want to feel when you wear these gorgeos clothes. I have already started buying stuff I want to get into.

Procrastinator said:
As my username suggests I have a huge problem with avoiding things!

I thought I’d better bite the bullet and finally join in the fun after weeks of lurking! I feel like I know a lot of you already and I wanted to say a big thank you to all the lovely members than have (unknowingly!) kept me going during this time.

Just a quick intro (I’ll start a proper diary and can bore you there!). I’ve been on Exante since October 2010. It started well and I’d lost 34lbs by my birthday early in December. Unfortunately, I fell staggeringly off the wagon and put back on a stone by the New Year. Anyway, I’m back on it and have just finished week 1 of my restart, I’m absolutely chuffed and lost 12lbs (although I’m now a bit dubious about the accuracy of my scales :rolleyes:).

So I’m nearly back to where I left off in December, and I really must stick to it this time as I have no distractions such as Birthday and Christmas to use as an excuse. And I so desperately want to be able to wear pretty clothes in the summer (yes, I’m that shallow!) and not look ridiculous and sweaty in baggy clothes that cover every inch of me. So fingers crossed, and I’ll strap myself to that blimmin’ wagon if it kills me!

Well done to everyone on their fantastic losses. Especially to those of you with families to feed, hats off to you, I don’t think I could cope with such temptation. And to anyone who is thinking of starting/just started this diet – stick with it, it really is worth it! :D

I can remember years ago when I did WW I got the award for the dieter who put the most weight on over Christmas, 11 pounds in 5 days, but it all came off again the week after, keep up with it, you'll be fine x

Well done Lara and it takes guts to knuckle down again after a big weight gain so I applaude you for that. You are now fairly & squarely back on track. Good luck xx

Back