Yet another slimming world newbie

Hi, started sw meetings This week for the first time and I'm finding it difficult to get my head around the EE plan and sins etc. It seems odd been able to eat potato and meat and still expect a loss. I'm really hoping for a loss on Monday will stick to it 100%! wishing everyone lots of luck with it this week! :)

Hello all,
I'm a newbie too! Started sw 4/1/11 lost 7lbs first week but tbh my food and drink intake before that was absolutely terrible. I find that I can lose weight but I cant keep it off, anyone else like that too?

Hi ddd and fayhamy, nice to have more newbies!

Fayhamy, I'm a terror at keeping weight off, I had a big loss a few years ago but it's gone back on, and last year I lost a stone but I've gained it again. My problem has always been I'm all or nothing, so when I fall off the diet wagon I fall hard (and usually into a pile of chocolate and pastries!). And then find it very difficult to start dieting again.

I've noticed so far that I'm being careful but not as neurotic about my diet so far, I've had the odd choccy etc but counted the syns so it's been fine. Fingers crossed this helps me break my bad habits!

I can't believe how much I'm eating (I know everyone says it but it's true!) and 10 days in my work trousers are starting to be a bit looser. Hurrah :D

Nymple, I'd love the recipe if you can find it, if you haven't got time then no worries. I don't get the SW mag so that'd be fab. My sis isn't into quorn so I reckon I'll just use a few different beans, mushrooms etc to make it more substantial. Thanks! :)

Sorry it's taken a couple of days to reply but I couldn't find the blooming recipe... and when I finally did it had meat in it as well as chunky veg. I found a totally veg one online but it sounded a bit dull so I'm going to use both recipes to give you a nicer one:

Serves 4 -
Ingredients:
1 Garlic Clove
3 carrots
2 onions
2 green chillies
1 red (and or Green) pepper
2 Celery Sticks
400g Can of Chopped tomatoes
Fry Light
400g can kidney beans, drained or Baked Beans
1-2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Ground Cumin
A Handful freshly chopped coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

(Spices not needed if adding a Spice Sachet)

1.Prepare the veg (Peel, chop, deseed)

2. Spray a frying pan with fry light, add Onion, Garlic, Celery, Chillies, Paprika, Cinnamon, Cumin. Stir Fry for 5-6 Minutes.

3. Add the Chopped Tomatoes, Pepper, Carrots and seasoning. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Add the kidney beans and cook for (I think) about 10 minutes more. (I don't eat kidney beans so I usually add baked beans for a more sloppy mixture and so am unsure of cooking times) whack them in and taste to tell when done? Although I will recommend the baked bean one as I think it's yummy (and I don't like beans, but it sort of melts into the chilli) but it depends on your sisters tastes.

5. Remove from the heat, scatter with coriander and serve on a bed of rice.

I'm hoping you are an intuitive cook as... Obviously this is a mixture of two recipes and HASN'T been tested so it isn't set in stone however you can use it to get the general idea. My sister did the meat one so I have based most of the recipe on that as she said it was yummy. I just added extra veg so it should still be good. One other thing to look out for is liquid level. I extremely doubt it'll be a problem but have a back up plan (extra Chopped toms/a small bit of veg stock or baked beans) to hand just in case more is needed.

Hope that helps and I don't inadvertently ruin your sisters dinner! :D

Hi all I'm on my 2nd week its going ok still feeling motivated but like everyone i wish I could lose it quicker, good luck with your weightloses everyone

First Weigh in done!

Lost 7.5 this week on slimming world meetings! really happy, got my half stone sticker! yeah! :D love the forum! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Back