Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

ellesbelles

Sorry, I just had to do that - I'm finally in ketosis! I know for most of you that's no great shakes, but I've been dithering about trying to get into ketosis for over 2 months, either on Atkins or CD. For some reason my body just wouldn't do it. And this morning..... I have a pink ketostix result!! I've not weighed since last weekend, and won't till next week but am definitely less bloated too.

So big big thanks to those who gave me some good advice on what to avoid, and helped me to decide to commit to Atkins and allow it to work.... cos now it seems to be working! :D

Congrats!! :) What did you do differently?

I don't have any of the obvious ketosis symptoms this week (last week i had headaches) and now my Ketostix refuse to go even slightly pink!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Zion!

Well, I cut out cheese and cream completely, used soya milk in my drinks, and didn't have anything with any citric acid in.

I never get a dark pink reading, I've always had very light readings, so I test first thing in the morning as the results should be stronger then. What time have you been testing?

Fantastic news! Well done... It just had to happen sometime... :)

look after the ketosis fairy ............. she is a bit flighty and will leave you if you upset her ............... well done xx

Thanks folks, it's a relief as I thought there was something *seriously* not right with me!
Mustdoit, I shall be clinging onto the ketosis fairy with all my might - it's not worth risking knocking myself out :D

ellesbelles said:
I never get a dark pink reading, I've always had very light readings, so I test first thing in the morning as the results should be stronger then. What time have you been testing?

I've been testing morning, noon and night and no joy. I must have knocked myself out of ketosis somehow or I'm just drinking so much water that it's diluting it (?).

Do you have any of the other symptoms other than the pink sticks?

I want the Ketosis Fairy to visit me and stay for a while ;)

Glad to hear the fairy's around:D

In my view the sticks are just another annoying thing to worry about and as bad as the scales. Stick to plan and you will lose weight/drop inches!

Hi Zion, I know that drinking lots of water does dilute the results so you do sometimes get a negative reading, which is why I test first thing as I drink abut 3 litres a day.

When I was on CD I would get a 'ketosis taste' in my mouth and a fuzzy tongue (hmmmm nice) but haven't had either on Atkins.

Are you doing/eating/drinking anything different?

Well done, very pleased for you. :D

Kat1e said:
Glad to hear the fairy's around:D

In my view the sticks are just another annoying thing to worry about and as bad as the scales. Stick to plan and you will lose weight/drop inches!

ellesbelles said:
Hi Zion, I know that drinking lots of water does dilute the results so you do sometimes get a negative reading, which is why I test first thing as I drink abut 3 litres a day.

When I was on CD I would get a 'ketosis taste' in my mouth and a fuzzy tongue (hmmmm nice) but haven't had either on Atkins.

Are you doing/eating/drinking anything different?

Thanks for your help and advice ladies :) I'm going to make an effort not to obsess about the scales/sticks so much cause although I don't seem to have the ketosis symptoms (the negative ones at least) I am losing weight (3.4 lbs down this week :D) so I agree that's all that should matter. :)

Back