yo to bear things?

Bubblewrap

Had a voucher for free YoYo bear fruit snack thing but can't find the syn value, if anyone can help pls :)

Bubblewrap said:
Had a voucher for free YoYo bear fruit snack thing but can't find the syn value, if anyone can help pls :)

If its the fruit roll thingys then there's no free food allowance so 1syn per 20 cals?

The 'rule' no longer applies (20 cals=1syn) due to new government guidelines on displaying calories. You can however have these as a healthy B x

Can you advise how Sw are still saying this? It's not on the website. It's always been a guideline but to be used with discretion. I am honestly just trying to help, if you dint have syns worked out correctly you could savatage your weightloss x

Ok so if you have a product with only calories, no protein, carbohydrates, fibre or fat in, sure that's what the calculator would say, but just about every product had these things in so this 'rule' wouldn't work on it's own. Sorry I am only trying to help x I'm not at home, I'll find the press release and post it when I'm back.

Jezzi is correct.

Whenever an item has no free food allowance, it will always be 1 syn = 20 calories. Even though you fill in the other information like fat, protein, carbs etc, it only looks at the calories.

However if the item has a free food allowance, then it does calculate with the protein and carbs etc also and will deduct an allowance based on the free food allowance.

Government guidelines would make no difference to the formula used by slimming world.

littleh said:
Ok so if you have a product with only calories, no protein, carbohydrates, fibre or fat in, sure that's what the calculator would say, but just about every product had these things in so this 'rule' wouldn't work on it's own. Sorry I am only trying to help x I'm not at home, I'll find the press release and post it when I'm back.

There are two calculators on sw site snackulator great got things with no Free food allowance that you just enter calories and the syns calculator that requires fiber carbs fat protein and calories

cat yoyo greaves said:
There are two calculators on sw site snackulator great got things with no Free food allowance that you just enter calories and the syns calculator that requires fiber carbs fat protein and calories

But to be honest the calculators im not sure are that accurate for foods with a Free allowance because if i key in all the info for peach fat Free activea they are syn Free but in the syns online database they are 1/2 a syn

Back