Yo-Yo no no

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Well, it's 2012 and I get married in 5 months time. Panic is slowly setting in. Most of my days are consumed by thoughts of diet, exercise, the thought of the poor woman who will surely dislocate her arm trying to lace up my dress, and visions of my arms (my least fave body part), pale and flabby hanging over my dress, the list is endless.

I started on my journey just before christmas, losing 12lbs on slimming world in 5 weeks, christmas came and went, santa left me with 5 extra pounds of lovely fat on my body to lose before the wedding. Well I say it was santa, it could of been the chocolates and trifle and christmas tipple.

Anyway I am counting it as back to sqaure one. I would love to lose 5 stone to reach my ideal weight, but I am realistic and would be happy with 3 stone before the wedding, putting me in a comfy size 14 in clothing, and ensuring my dress fits with room to spare. So I am back on slimming world and my first week back on and I've lost 2 lbs. Not bad, but I really struggle sticking to things with slow results.

I do however quite enjoy slimming world as I can freely eat all my fave foods, like roast dinners, spicy chicken and veg's and have the odd bit of chocolate.

I am fairly confident I can get to around 1.5 stone lost by the end of feb/early march, but have been putting alot of thought into trying exante diet. One of many food replacement VLCD's.

I have come to the decision to do this either for the month of april, or starting next month and see how I go on it. I struggle being busy making food around my work schedule so this would eliminate that problem, however there isn't much variation, and I don't have the best will power. So this is why I am thinking, do it the last month before dress fittings, maybe lose a stone to boost my overall loss.

Sorry for rambling on and writing what appears to be an essay, but I think this will now become my wedding weight loss diary from now until my wedding, and I would like other slimmers, particularly you brides to be to follow my progress and see if we can keep eachother going!

I currently weigh 234lbs :-( having hovered between 220-240 for the last year and a half. I look quite well at around 170-180lbs, I am 5'6 and have a fairly large frame, with an hourglass shape, so my weight distributes fairly well across my body. I am quite lucky that I carry my weight well and probably look about a stone lighter than I actually am.

So today is my second week of slimming world, I've had my usual 2 weetabix for breakfast and a muller yoghurt, dinner I had a small tuna and cucumber bun with an apple, and tea I did slimming world egg, chips and beans. I never really ate chips before slimming world, now I eat them probably twice a week.

I have done no exercise today as I've been cleaning the house and working 7.30 - 6.15 today.

I hope to keep this diary and update regularly as a bit of motivation to keep going, it seems to work well for others using minimins.

I will be totally honest and say I am a yo-yo dieter, I have struggled for a long time, but I keep telling myself, If I can't do it for my wedding, when will I do it? My H2B has gained weight since we first met and he is losing weight too, he can eat mountains of food and still lose weight as he does it mostly through exercise, he is fond of chocolate and likes big portions and that troublesome takeaway food. He is in the navy and is away sometimes weeks at a time, and I must admit, I've used food as a comfort in one way or another since my early teens, now it's on an evening, when I'm alone. I know I'm not alone in that behaviour and it's all about breaking the cycle.

If you've managed to stay awake whilst reading this you will be happy to know I've come to the end of my first diary post and just want to say good luck to all you other slimmers out there, it's not easy but it's not impossible and that's what we have to keep telling ourselves. It can be done.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from the rest of you!!!

Tara xxx

Tuesday: Had my weetabix this morning, still feel hungry so may have a mullerlight in an hour or so... I'm working 12-8 shift today and will be in my lovely office surrounded by biscuits, cakes, chocolate and everyone eating them infront of me. I've not struggled too much whilst being at work as everyone knows I am trying to lose weight, but it's the way that I start thinking about those kind of foods when I finish my shift and come home to an empty house!. I think this helps to check in and write how I feel to get me through the days.

Seriously considering trying Exante for quick results.

Hi,

I am getting married in March, also looking to shift that bit of weight to make me feel happier.

Do you do full on shift work? You mentioned being on a 12-8, and being surrounded by biscuits etc. I do shifts and am always looking for snack ideas as I graze more than eat meals, maybe there are some ideas we can share?

Best of luck :)

Hi,

Yeah I'm a medical secretary in a GP walk-in health centre. We open 8-8 7 days a week so it's all shift work. I find it hard to get into routine, i.e cooking healthy meals because of my shifts. I don't like eating late so a 12-8 shift isn't ideal. Also do 10-8 regularly, and weekends I do 8-8 sat and 8-8 sun every other week.

I have just discovered merignue nests that are only 1 syn each on slimming world, or 20cals, which are ideal for sweet treat snacks. Other than that ryvita crackers aren't bad with a bit of philli extra light on them. I think I am starting exante in feb now, need quick results. How about you?

Hi Tara,
Good luck with the weight loss.
You have 5 months until your wedding, so thought this might be inspiration for you. I was at home last September and saw my sisters friend who I hadn't seen for years. I reckon she would have been at the 17 stone mark the last time I seen her. Well oh my god, she looked so different. She had lost 50lbs in 6 months doing weight watchers and boot camp once a week. She looked brilliant and she said felt amazing.

You can do it. Keep positive and keep imagining yourself in your gorgeous wedding dress and feeling amazine.

Good luck xx

Hi, thanks so much for that. I am currently doing Slimming world, and will be starting exante in feb for a bit of a boost. I am determined to do it and look lovely in my dress!

Well had a macdonalds at work today, so that went well didn't it. Also one of the GPs bought in cakes and pastries, with cream and all the good stuff. I didn't have any, but did give in and we all had macdonalds. It's something we do every so often in the office. I intend on doing my gillian michaels dvd tomorrow and having a 100% free food day too compensate.

I am starting to get excited at the thought of getting onto exante. I know it will be hard, but so worth it!

I work for the police taking calls and dispatching patrols, currently at work on my "lunch" break. Days off are easy to eat, it's the working days that are harder.

One of my fave snacks is a pot of fruit and a pot of onken fat free yog and dunking the fruit, makes it a bit more interesting :)

plummy81 said:
I work for the police taking calls and dispatching patrols, currently at work on my "lunch" break. Days off are easy to eat, it's the working days that are harder.

One of my fave snacks is a pot of fruit and a pot of onken fat free yog and dunking the fruit, makes it a bit more interesting :)

Oooohh I do a similar job. Don't take calls thankfully. Just the despatching bit :)

I have been talking to my workmates and friends and they all fully support me on my weight loss quest and have said while I am in the mindframe maybe start exante next week, think I will order and go for it.

Back