Yog Frozen Yogurt

rachpid

Does anyone know the syns for the new pre-packed tubs of this? The passion fruit one is 89 cals per 100ml but fat free so not sure if it counts as free? It has similar nutritional values as a mullerlight. Have searched syns online on my iPhone and found nothing! The syns calc is coming up with 4.5 per 100g.

I know that, but as a lot of fat free yogurts are free, and this is essentially the same, I wondered if this could maybe be free too?

that is correct 4.5/89 calories 1 syn/20 calories for items as this

That's not correct, yoghurt counts as a free food so you have to allow for this in the calculation - the 1 syn per 20 calories rule doesn't apply when the product qualifies for the free food allowance.

Does anyone know the syns for the new pre-packed tubs of this? The passion fruit one is 89 cals per 100ml but fat free so not sure if it counts as free? It has similar nutritional values as a mullerlight. Have searched syns online on my iPhone and found nothing! The syns calc is coming up with 4.5 per 100g.

Can you post the nutritional values and someone will calculate it for you.

Aha, think I know where I went wrong with the Syn calculator then as I didn't put in any free foods.

Here's the values:

Per 100ml
Calories 89
Fat - trace
Carbohydrates - 22g
Sugar - 14g

Ingredients are fresh skimmed milk, skimmed milk solids, passion fruit pulp, sugar, chicory root, live pre and probiotic cultures, xanthum gum

Aha, think I know where I went wrong with the Syn calculator then as I didn't put in any free foods.

Here's the values:

Per 100ml
Calories 89
Fat - trace
Carbohydrates - 22g
Sugar - 14g

Ingredients are fresh skimmed milk, skimmed milk solids, passion fruit pulp, sugar, chicory root, live pre and probiotic cultures, xanthum gum

Do you have the protein value?

Knew I'd missed something! It's 2.5g per 100ml.

I did it as EE, putting the yoghurt as the free food allowance, I guess it must have a lot of sugar rather than sweetener.

100g portion

3 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy

3 Syns per package/portion on Green

4½ Syns per package/portion on Original

I did it as EE, putting the yoghurt as the free food allowance, I guess it must have a lot of sugar rather than sweetener.

100g portion

3 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy

3 Syns per package/portion on Green

4½ Syns per package/portion on Original

I'm guessing you forgot to put yoghurt in as a free food when you calculated original? ;) There's nothing in yoghurt that would be any different on a Red Day to a Green or EE day. :) (4.5 corresponds to the 1 syn per 20 calories rule as no free food has been included)

So it's 3 syns per 100ml on all plans.

Back