Yogurt question

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by JosieDelonge, 27 April 2010 Social URL.

1. JosieDelonge

JosieDelonge Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If a yogurt is 'fat free' or 'less than 1% fat' - does that automatically make them syn free?

Sorry if that sounds daft, I bought some earlier from Iceland that were down as fat free (£1 for a pack of 6!) but I can't find them on the slimming world site.

I didn't want to eat them if they weren't free. I'm thinking they are with being advertised as fat free, but just checking...

Thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. zillie

zillie SlinkySlimmer !!!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If they are flavoured they are 0.5 syns, its only the fat free natural that is syn free

HTH x

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It won't mean they are free just because they are fat-free. You need to check the sugar content as well.

6. JosieDelonge

JosieDelonge Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for the list. The ones I bought aren't on there. They are from Iceland and all is says on them is "Simply Exquisite Fat Free Yogurt". The address on them have 'Elisabeth the Chef' which isn't on the SW site syns online.

I've found a nutrition chart on them and according to the SW calculator they are 1.5 syns each. Rubbish!

Why aren't muller light flavoured yogurts syns if other fat free yogurts are supposedly 0.5 or more???

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's not whether the yoghurt is fruit flavoured or not that determines the syn value. There are many fruit yoghurts other than Mullerlights that are syn free. It's the nutritional values of the yoghurts that matter. Just because a yoghurt is fat free doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't have a lot of sugar in it. The Nom and Yeo Valley yoghurts are prime examples of this.

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Always check out the SYN FREE YOGHURT LIST which is a sticky at the top of this forum.

I check it, and keep it updated all the time, that way you will always know you are eating a Syn Free yoghurt.

9. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's not rubbish. I have just been into Iceland to look at these.

When you were checking out the nutrition chart you should also have looked at the ingredients list.

Sugar is listed as the second ingredient - if something has sugar in it, it is not going to be free.

10. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    I'm really grateful for this thread as it has made me remember to check my assumptions about foods.

Whilst I mostly eat 0% fat greek yog (with no other added ingredients), I had taken to having some 0% fat yeo valley vog on my fruit in the morning.....I could not believe that sugar and sugar syrup were 2nd up in the ingredients list...aaarrggghhh....lesson now learnt :-D

11. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Read the label, read the label, read the label. I keep saying this to myself, and try to remember to do it (although the small print is a bit of a problem - I am thinking of taking a magnifying glass to the supermarket!!!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.