You can make crisps out of the soup?! Has anyone tried this?!

davidmanc

I was just noseying around the site and clicking on various links when I came across the blog of a guy who posts here (sorry I've forgotten your name!) who is a Cambridge counsellor.

He has a list of recipes on his site.

Now. I know you're not supposed to do this on LT (I believe it's ok on other VLCDs) but he says can you make crisps out of the soup! And I don't think it's that much of a major sin to pop some powder in the microwave - not really cheating is it? Or is it?

I know it might nuke some of the vitamins etc - but I'm on 4 womens shakes a day anyhow at the moment so I think I'm probably getting my fair share.

Crisps!

I would luuuurve some crisps!

Don't worry - I'm not hungry or having major cravings or whatever - but I do kinda miss food. Maybe just a bit.

And if I could make chicken flavour crisps - I'd be over the moon!

Have a look at this link from his blog:

My CambridgeLife - iBlog, Do You?

Recipe 6 is the crisps one.

Has anyone done this? Does it work? And what is 'baking parchment'? I have one meal left today and would luurve to try to make crisps from the soup mix in the microwave!

Hi I've not made crisps yet only muffins - toffee & walnut and chocolate. Baking parchment is a non stick paper that's a bit like greaseproof paper, it comes on a roll and supermarkets sell it alongside foil and clingfilm.

Baking parchment is a non stick paper that's a bit like greaseproof paper, it comes on a roll and supermarkets sell it alongside foil and clingfilm.

Um, I don't have any of that. Will something else do? Kitchen roll? Or if I just put them on a plate?

Crisps made out of paste?? Sounds skanky but let me know if you try x

p.s. I wouldn't try kitchen roll. Think the idea is that they peel off the non-stick paper. You'd end up with papery crisps with kitchen roll

Definitely not kitchen roll they'll stick to it. I'd say try a plate but if it's your last shake, wouldn't risk it. Ice Moose has great advice and lost 11 stone, if he says the crisps recipe works I trust him.

Nah I've got loads of the chicken soups left - can't stand it. I'm hoping it'll be much nicer as crisps though! I'm going to try it now. I'll let you know how I get on!

isnt that CD THO????? NOT LT

Nik I think I've read before you can use both. Let's see how David gets on.

Yeah, but he says any VLCD savoury pack will work.

The LT rules say no microwaves - but the reason for this is that it could deplete the vitamins and minerals that the powder has. I'm already over the male vitamins and minerals limit today as I'm having four women's shakes at the moment. And I don't understand why it depletes the vitamins from a LT formula and not a CD formula.

So I'm going to indulge!

Yeah, but he says any VLCD savoury pack will work.

The LT rules say no microwaves - but the reason for this is that it could deplete the vitamins and minerals that the powder has. I'm already over the male vitamins and minerals limit today as I'm having four women's shakes at the moment. And I don't understand why it depletes the vitamins from a LT formula and not a CD formula.

So I'm going to indulge!
YOU ARENT OVER THE VIT AND MIN QUOTA YOU ARE HAVING THE RIGHT AMOUNT.... 1 MALE SHAKE = 2 FEMALES!!
But whatever takes your fancy x

It's not quite that! 4 females equals something like 2 and a half males.

Well, I made it! It's nothing like crisps - but it is yummy! I'm doing this again!

I used about half the water needed for soup and added some chilli. Then took a pie dish and tried to make crisp shaped blobs. Unfortunately, then all ran into each other (think maybe I'd made it too runny). So I just thought, what the hell, and poured the thick soup in the dish and banged it on the microwave for two mins.

It's yummy! It tastes nothing like the soup! It kinda has the consistently of a pancake - a but runny in the middle and cripsy at the edges. Yum! Finally I've found a use for my soup packets!

Hey David, you've invented a new recipe - chicken pancakes! Great to have something you enjoy huh?

Nope - I'm supposed to have 2 male shakes a day (or 4 half male shakes). But my chemist messed up. So I'm now having four female shakes. Which puts me slightly over what I am supposed to be having every day - but only slighly and I'm still in ketosis.

But you're not supposed to microwave stuff. The only reason I'm doing it is because it doesn't matter if a bit of my vitamins go astray as I'm already having a bit more than necessary.

HopeSprings! Heh. Yeah - a chilli and chicken savoury pancake. I can't see it appearing on the menus of Manchester's finest restaurants any time soon - but it was a nice change!

And, gosh! I'm stuffed! This ketosis thing is amazing!

Hmmmm, sounds good. I took all my chickens back to chemist but I might get one on wednesday. I made the choc muffins once, it was vile, quite salty and not as filling as a shake.

Lipotrim recipes
Saw some creative ideas elsewhere.. But It is advised that only one food pack per day is cooked as the cooking process, even for a short time, does break down the vital vitamins and nutrients within the packs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate/Vanilla/strawberry Flavours
Muffin
1.Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish, or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 desert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary)

2. Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a THICK PASTE so thick you think it’s too thick!

3. Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute - if it looks a bit soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 seconds or so.....

BE CAREFUL IT DOES'NT BURN!!!!
Ice Cream
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one!) - add a small amount of water (about 2 tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream"

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Caffe Latte
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners
“Chocolate Pudding & Chocolate Sauce”
Microwave most of the choc pack like a cookie but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat, it really does taste nice and cools the muffin down. I suppose this can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps
Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

Great, now I want to try the chocolate fudge or chocolate custard but if I don't like it I don't want to waste it :(

Nicki!

Stick with it. Have a glass of water and get yourself to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

Good luck.

David
x

Back