You must read this !!!

Will she still feel the same when her legs will no longer physically be able to hold her weight and no mobility scooter will be big enough for her. I feel sorry for her children who are going to have to do her "cares" for her when she is confined to bed and can no longer move. Not a nice burden to put on your children especially when it is self inflicted.

I have to agree with MadameLaMinx, couldn't put it into words quite aswell as her though!

The story concerned me that with all the press she is getting (even if it is negative) it will just spur her on. She looks happy enough in her photos, as do her boys, but the whole story is going to play out very sad in the long run. It worries me that her doctor could see no mental health issues, and if she truly is sane and of sound mind in her decision making, then her poor kids will have a very distorted picture to take influence from. xxx

Like a lot of people I feel so sorry for the children. She may be happy with her five minutes of fame but when they lose their Mum it will be tragic.

Poor boys that is a terrible form of child abuse Why should they have to be their Mum's Carers when she has chosen to make herself that way.

its not a stigma its a proven health risk she's going to die and leave her kids motherless.

There is a stigma attached to being overweight. In fact, there is a thread running on here at the moment which a number of people have been discussing instances where they have had complete strangers say stuff to the them about their size There is also an acknowledged health risk agreed, but the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Havig been on the receiving end of ignorance ad stigma due to my weight I am reluctant to say anything more than I believe this woman is mentally ill if she believes that she is not hurting herself with her lifestyle, and is setting a bad example to her children.

At least she lives in the USA & therefore won't be calling on the NHS to 'help' with health issues.

Apart from feeling sorry for her children I also feel sorry for the undertakers who will undoubtedly be required sooner, rather than later!

Skipping lightly over the delicate issue of slating the physical characteristics of a morbidly obese woman on a weight loss forum, which frankly is stepping onto ground I think is inappropriate, it seems as though she has been encouraged by the attention she has been getting because of her weight into pushing the boundaries in order to make a name/living for herself based on her weight. Which is clearly where she now sees her value in life as lying, not as a responsible mother or a healthy example to her kids, and that's a shame.

There is a market for this in adult "entertainment" although it could be argued that watching a woman knowingly choose to shorten and take risks with her life is far from entertaining, that market will always exist, just as the appetite for exceptionally skinny and waif like women will exist. I don't believe people willingly choose what sort of body shape turns them on any more than I believe that you can choose your sexuality, or that paedophiles choose to have sexual feelings toward children.

What is a choice is whether or not the person chooses to facilitate and perpetuate those feelings by engaging in activities whereby they encounter the object of their feelings, and that's very different to simply having and acknowledging them to yourself. No-one ever got hurt by an unvoiced or unacted upon thought.

But people do act upon those feelings and that is why markets like this will always exist, whatever the wider society may think of them. She is choosing to eat the way she does with wilful intent, which she has every right to do, but the victims in her pursuit of that intent will be the children she bore that never asked for a mother who ate herself to death to prove a point. And while I don't wish her dead, their lives will most likely in many aspects be improved when her body eventually does give up under the strain. :(

I agree avec La Minx!

Not only that but in the "Land of The Free" it is (most probably) her constitutional right to do this.

Perhaps if we were to deny her the one thing she REALLY craves, the oxygen of publicity then it would become a pretty futile exercise.

After all, what would be the point of her doing all of this if all it got was a few fingers pointing to her as she trundled down Main Street in Hicksville USA?

Edit: I feel "quite normal" now having just "pigged out" at the local chippy after a late finish! - all things are relative I guess!

her attitude is incredible, why oh why would she want to do that to herself and her family, and the fact that she is proud of eating herself to death is unbelievable xx

Ok, so she reaches a tonne (which I doubt but say she does), what then? Just be a tonne? And then die? Such an achievement.

What shes doing will result in her losing years off her life. i feel sorry for her, and her children/family to have to see this. but seeing people saying stuff like "how can she think shes sexy" and all that is awful.. Just because you don't find something attractive doesn't mean everyone feels the same.. I'm glad she feels happy and sexy in her own skin, however i hope she'll reconsider due to health aspects of it.

"And Susanne insists that she feels well and takes care of her health."

Takes care of her health?!? What a cheek.

It's good that she feels sexy and happy about herself but this is going to make her lose years off her life and neverending health issues.

Wait till her skin splits and the ulcers rot and she smells like a swamp, I wonder how sexy she will feel then?

Anyway is 1/2lb of bacon really 1,168 calories????

Last edited:
Wait till her skin splits and the ulcers rot and she smells mike a swamp, I wonder how sexy she will feel then?

Anyway is 1/2lb of bacon really 1,168 calories????

Gosh Shirleen is that what happens..........

I believe so! Have read enough stories of seriously obese people with festering sores!

Back