"You need to stop losing now"

gazter

needs to get a life
Who else as had this despite being still quite overweight / obese?

I have had loads of people say this to me now. At one level it is flattering, but on the other not so. Yes, I look a lot different than I used to, but my body fat percentage is still mid to low 20s. I still have a belly with thick fat on it and 38/40 inch waist.

I used to have exactly the same thing happen. Everyone was telling me I looked too thin. People have stopped making these comments though and I think it's because they have got used to seeing me slim. I think before there was such a contrast between fat me and thin me that they became genuinely alarmed as the change was relatively fast. Just keep plugging away and as people get used to the new slimline you the novelty will wear off and the comments will stop - hopefully!

I did have my mum saying it when she saw me after having my little one a few months back I only see her a few times a year but she didn't say anything last month when I saw her lol so I guess I'm fat again hehehe. I did take it as a compliment being to thin as I knew I wasn't it was just I was over weight for so long they got use tome being bigger. Good luck with the wobble bit loss that is what I need to address I'm not to heavy really only 2st over but and wobbly in places I shouldn't be well very wobbly lol.

I'm only 9.5lbs into my journey and I've already had this despite still having 2 stone to go! The weight that has come off IS very visible due to how it was proportioned etc; my face, neck and shoulders are very noticeable and my waist is starting to come into view again. Yesterday I was told I look 'tiny', but realistically I know that isn't true. I replied, 'If we took a photo and I looked at it I guarantee you'd change your mind.'

There is a chance I may decide to alter my target from 9stone to about 9stone 7lbs, but only if I really feel I've gone far enough (I've been very skinny before and did not suit that look at all!). As long as it's somewhere in between, I'm happy.

Ignore other people - it's your journey, not theirs.

im getting this quite alot at the minute, but agagin i think its just coz people are used to seeing me bigger, i even got refered to as having stick arms!! hahaha that is soo not the case!! i know i am now at a healthy weight, but my target is within my healthy weight too, i dont want to be skinny, i have boobs and hips, but i just want to be happy and feel good lol! the way i see it is i was always the fat one out of me and my 2 sisters (they are the annoying "eat what they like and stay size 8-10 types" ) and they are tiny, but perfectly proportioned, and no-one has ever told them they look too thin, or like they have "stick arms" or "they will snap soon" etc lol because its the way they have always been that way, so when i stay slimmer, and people get used to it, it will just be me :D xx

Yea i have had people say to me am i finished now! I have lost 3st 3.5lbs and still have around 2 st to go! Its ok though as when i lose that 2st they will see why i still have a while to go now! Want to lose my belly! (legs not too bad!) xxx

Ive to had it a fair bit recently, people saying "i look gaunt in the face" and "dont go to far" etc, etc. The thing is they and I have never seen what i look like at the weight i currently am and what i want to be. So if i look gaunt ( i dont think i do) then that is the way i was made and my face should be that way at a weight that is healthy. Sod em is what i say its how i feel inside that matters and as long i feel healthy and strong that is the main thing.

going by the pic in ur sigi dont think u look gaunt at all craig! thinking u looking bloody great! :D x

Thanks :) I defo dont look gaunt and the pic was only took last sat. I do think some people dont want you to do well, i could be being paranoid but i get that feeling because i know ive still got a good bit to lose and hardly anyone else agrees haha. I think it might be because they are quite shocked when i tell them i am 16st 3 1/2lbs and they think i look about 14st but i have got a long body and i think i have always carried my weight well when i was big or hid it fairly well lol.

God i can't wait for someone to say this to me Haha, in about seven stones time! :)

going by the pic in ur sigi dont think u look gaunt at all craig! thinking u looking bloody great! :D x

I agree. Gaunt is something that has been said to me a few times, i have even looked in the mirror and thought it myself. Craig doesnt look gaunt at all. As others have said, it's just about how people are used to seeing you.

It is confusing to them. We who have lost a lot of weight look soooo different. The thing about having a fat face, is the face is full, the raised blood pressure often means your face has a bit of colour in it also..

There is certainly a period of readjustment, but that's as much there's getting used to the change, as your body.

Looking at my face in detail..IMG_1435.jpgmeatshaigradu.jpg

It lacks the beaming jolly fat person look. Probably less colour, feels a bit paler. It's not what people are used to. And of course, people subconsciously associate rapid weight loss with illness....

omg gazter, i think u deffo look much better now! i dont think u look gaunt either!! maybe more of a smile in the newer pic will give u more of the "jolly" look haha ;o) but no u are looking fantastic really well done!
i dont think my face has changed at all :/ but tbh i dont think i carried much weigh on my face before, i always thought i looked as if my haed was too small for my body haha, starting to look a little more in proportion now i think x

Haha I'm still 16 1/2stone so I don't look too thin yet!! When people start saying that to me ill just ignore them, I know 11 stone is the cut off for my height and I won't stop until I get there.

Ive to had it a fair bit recently, people saying "i look gaunt in the face" and "dont go to far" etc, etc. The thing is they and I have never seen what i look like at the weight i currently am and what i want to be. So if i look gaunt ( i dont think i do) then that is the way i was made and my face should be that way at a weight that is healthy. Sod em is what i say its how i feel inside that matters and as long i feel healthy and strong that is the main thing.

You don't look gaunt. You look brilliant and you've done amazingly well.

People have been saying this to me for months and months-so I would still have been obese by my BMI then ! I do look older as my face is baggy and I have a very thin neck and shoulders so I don't think they're seeing my chubby tum and thighs lol ! I have readjusted my final goal though as I think 10st 10lbs will be too thin for me. I've lost over 12 stone so I look very different and there's no escaping the fact that my skin is too big -including my face, so it looks thin.
xx

I have people all the time saying this to me. I live away from family and I guarantee when I get to my partner Mum's house at Christmas she will be like oooo you are too skinny etc etc but I am really not skinny. When I did SW for the first time I ended up listening to her being quite negative about my first attempt of slimming world. I eventually gave in and gained all that I lost and an extra stone. Now that I am away from her and the negative comments I have rejoined and I am more determined than ever to succeed and to finally become comfortable within myself :)

Aren't people funny. I think it's all to do with getting use to change. I lost 3st a couple of years ago on the Dukan diet (successfully put it all back on as soon as I started eating normal food!) anyway had several people saying I looked too thin & even last month a friend told me that when I lost the weight it didn't suit me! Ridiculous! I was still a size 18 & still over weight.

This time I intend flying past that 3 stone mark & getting to my 5.5 stone target. Roll on the gaunt/skinny comments!

I think you all look amazing!

CJxxx

I get this at work "she ain't stopping until she's fallen through a grate" etc - but only from people who are obese/v.overweight themselves a particular lady comments all the time on my weight and they are starting to become thinly vailed nasty comments but the other girls do SW too and are doing really well on it too are v.supportive and defend me lol x

People are funny arent they? I am at target, have been for nearly 12 months and I get comments that I am too skinny (size 10/12 now) and they also say I shouldnt be "dieting" anymore. Well I'm sorry but I jump on my high horse so fast! Firstly I say I feel great having lost 2.5stone. I also say its not a diet but healthy eating for life, this is me and I love my new figure, the health benefits which go with it, and clothes shopping is great! And its totally sustainable for life. Moving on ha ha!!! :) :) :)

Back