"You need to stop losing now"

Jealousy has a name and its name is miserable people who will do anything to put you down. Losing weight and doing it in a healthy way aggravtes those people who dont have the willpower to do it themselves!!!

View attachment 71038

I think my face is settling into itself! Not looking 'gaunt' as others said, and thankfully, not looking as white as a sheet. It's quite incredible how illness completely drains your face. A bit of colour to my cheeks :)

When people now ask me if I'm losing more I just tell them i am where i want to be, and now it's all about keeping it from coming back on.

You def don't look gaunt

I just try and avoid speaking to certain people about weight loss now, as some people are crazy even when talking about maintaining weight. For some reason some people think now I've lost weight I should just go back to eating how I did before, although saying that I suppose that's what a lot of people do after loosing weight, but that's not what I want to do.

You def don't look gaunt

I just try and avoid speaking to certain people about weight loss now, as some people are crazy even when talking about maintaining weight. For some reason some people think now I've lost weight I should just go back to eating how I did before, although saying that I suppose that's what a lot of people do after loosing weight, but that's not what I want to do.

Its as much about a lifestyle change for me. Thinking about it that is what loads of people do lose weight then put it all back on as they think they can eat how they did before. Maybe they were not doing it for the right reasons in the first place.

Its as much about a lifestyle change for me. Thinking about it that is what loads of people do lose weight then put it all back on as they think they can eat how they did before. Maybe they were not doing it for the right reasons in the first place.

That seems to be my biggest fear. That's why the exercise is important to me (and why been unable to exercise for the last month has been quite tough). I want to not only be thinner, but I want to be fit, i want to keep in the habit of regular exercise so even if I slip I can maintain a higher level of fitness.

I have put some weight back on since reaching my target its not necessarily that I think I can eat as I did before or lost the weight for wrong reasons but have found it hard.
You are right to maintain the weightloss it is a lifestyle change and I have got to be constantly aware of the choices I make for life if I don't want to put more of the weight back on. Sounds obvious but for many people it isn't easy.
My hubby doesn't understand either as he can eat what he likes most of the time and not gain weight or if he does gain a lb or 2 he farts and he loses it again! So although he wanted me to lose weight when I was obese he doesn't see it so much now even though I am still overweight and he doesn't understand why I can' t have a drink/takeaway/nibbles etc with him when he does.

I went to my sons today to look after my little granddaughter who was poorly so off school whilst they went to work. He said I could help myself to the fridge. I said I had made a soup and had brought that. He said there was no need to do that. I told him I was on a green day so had brought the leek n potato soup, and melon and grapes. He tutted, then said "why are you doing that now". I said because if I didnt I would be where I was two years ago, this is me, a lifestyle and diet change, for life. He doesnt understand, I get quite frustrated when they think I should be filling myself full of c*** again. But that just aint going to happen. :)

I reached my target in feb and felt amazing at what I had achieved in 14wks and going from a size 14/16 to a 8/10 made me fel great again but then over the last 6 mnths the comments have got to me x im gaunt ... Too skinny ... Stick insect etc etc and the past mnth or so I have gone over target of 8st 10 to 9st 2 and I feel terrible and what makes it worse is comments sayin I look better now and I hate it x wish I hadnt of listened but now im comfort eating and cant seem to pull myself back x I was well within healthy bmi etc x ppl can be so calous without even realising it and its ppl like me who allow them to carry on x

Hollys nan: Three replies for future comments from confused off-spring;

1. I'm trying to be fit and healthy so that I'm still around and fit enough to look after my grandchild whilst you go off to work!
2. I'm teaching my grandchild what healthy eating looks like - I like teaching by example.
3. Give me £5 per week for the rest of my life. Don't want to do that? Then don't drive me out of target with your fridge of temptation!!

I haven't had the 'you need to stop losing now' comments but when I started my mum asked how much I wanted to lose.... After I told her, she got the 'concerned' look on her face. Then I pointed out that she was at my goal weight (which is at the top end of a healthy BMI) and is 3 inches taller than me!!! Once she got her head around it, she's been much more relaxed about my journey and goals.

For a lot of people, the change in appearance can often be dramatic, leading to the 'viewer/commentator' jumping to the conclusion that we are often MUCH lighter than we actually are. Think about it this way... try 'guestimating' a hex b of cereal and see how far out you end up. Most of us are rubbish at guessing weights/heights/distance/ages.

I've been getting those comments recently I've lost 2 and half stone & 1/2 lb I've gone from a 16/18 to 12/14, I still want to lose another stone but people are gasping at the thought of me losing more, I'm still not in my healthy BMI yet so I must look lighter than I am..... Weve also just started to try for a baby so fingers crossed x

That seems to be my biggest fear. That's why the exercise is important to me (and why been unable to exercise for the last month has been quite tough). I want to not only be thinner, but I want to be fit, i want to keep in the habit of regular exercise so even if I slip I can maintain a higher level of fitness.

It must be hard mate, the fitness thing is a big thing for me now i didnt think it would be but it has just worked its self into everyday life for me now. When can you start back training?

It must be hard mate, the fitness thing is a big thing for me now i didnt think it would be but it has just worked its self into everyday life for me now. When can you start back training?

I have dipped my toes in this week. I did a couple of gentle runs, which apart from irritating my knee temporarily, seems ok. I have tried my fave, a good hard kettle bell class, and apart from having to peel myself off the floor with exhaustion, it seems ok. I had to go back to an 8kg bell from a 12kg one though. I do Kettlercise which is aerobic 37 one minute kettle bell exercises with no rest in between..

I have dipped my toes in this week. I did a couple of gentle runs, which apart from irritating my knee temporarily, seems ok. I have tried my fave, a good hard kettle bell class, and apart from having to peel myself off the floor with exhaustion, it seems ok. I had to go back to an 8kg bell from a 12kg one though. I do Kettlercise which is aerobic 37 one minute kettle bell exercises with no rest in between..

Ive tried and have kettle bells but cant seem to get into them to be honest. Sounds like your doing ok though and as the old saying goes NO PAIN NO GAIN haha

I have people moaning at me now asking why am i going to a slimming club etc.
Its annoying because i just want to feel better about myself and lose abit of weight but annoys me when people are like "you're not fat, you dont need to diet"! xxx

I have people moaning at me now asking why am i going to a slimming club etc.
Its annoying because i just want to feel better about myself and lose abit of weight but annoys me when people are like "you're not fat, you dont need to diet"! xxx

Aye, but come on, a little bit of you loves the 'you're not fat' comment.....

Aye, but come on, a little bit of you loves the 'you're not fat' comment.....

Personally, I've always hated the "you're not fat" comments tbh. I've had the "you're not fat" comments from people even when I was at my top weight... Admittedly I carried my weight quite well and didn't look as big as I was but I definitely WAS big so when people said that to me it really annoyed me as I smiled and tried to stay polite but really thought "pull the other one love". They were blatantly lying to me which in a way I can understand as no one wants to be rude and brutally go, "you're like the side of my house, go on a diet" but on the other hand I felt really patronised and like my intelligence was being insulted.

So now that I am smaller but still overweight for my height and I get the "you're not fat" comments I'm still in that defensive headspace of "what an utter liar". When really the person saying it may genuinely think that I'm at an ok weight as I don't look my actual weight I look lighter!

I also think it's just the standard answer people have when they can't think of anything inoffensive to say about people's weight, that's why I really value my genuine friends who say things like, "as long as you're happy with yourself that's all that matters" or "you could​ drop some more but you look great as it is" as at least those are their genuine opinions

I have reached target and lost another 6lbs (don't go to classes) but have started zumba, therefore am now toning, all I get is: don't lose anymore, you'll waste away, what size are you now?? You can't lose anymore, I was actually called obsessive compulsive and told I don't eat!!! Erm......I eat lots including choc every night (within syns) just think b***er off!!! Why is my weight so operant to other people......jealous much ?

Back