Your "actual" weight?

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Hey guys,

Was just wondering, what should you count as your actual weight? Is it what you weigh in the morning before you've had any food? Or is it what you weigh sometime during the day/in the evening?

I was thinking it should be the morning, but then as humans we eat every day so is the evening more accurate?

I'm just finding it really difficult to know what I *actually* weigh, plus the whole menstrual cycle really doesn't help, as how are you supposed to know what you really weigh when there is these changes going on inside you that change how much you weigh?

I'm secretly hoping you'll all say the morning, cos I've had 2 sneaky WI's this morning and a few minutes ago. The first was like WOW, then since eating breakfast and lunch it's kind of like "Oh." Lol!

Thoughts? :)

i would go for the morning as much as possible!
I dont have my shake until after i come back and i dont drink much water before i go either!
so i would class that as my 'actual' weight....
I'm sure when i get to goal i wont mind there being a couple of lbs difference in my weight from one time to a next, as long as i'm a size 12! lol
xxx

In the morning i'd say for the sake of a diet. But to be even more accurate it would have to be over a sustained period of time. While on a low carb diet you can easily gain a stone in a day or 2 but thats purely food and water so you cant really count that as your weight.
Thats my view anyway, also remember the weight of clothes aswell, think its near impossible to ever be 100% accurate :)

i would go for the morning as much as possible!
I dont have my shake until after i come back and i dont drink much water before i go either!
so i would class that as my 'actual' weight....
I'm sure when i get to goal i wont mind there being a couple of lbs difference in my weight from one time to a next, as long as i'm a size 12! lol
xxx

Lol no I agree with you there, although my goal weigh is 8.7 I would be OK with anything up to 9 stone.

I think it's just because I've only been doing it for a few weeks and want the first stone to come off especially. Since putting on the weight, my weight has fluctuated (due to various attempts at dieting/exercise) from between 12.4 to 11.7 ish, so for me the results so far are like "Well, nothing I haven't seen before", sort of thing? I am VERY pleased with results so far, I just think once I'm under the 11 stone mark I'll be ecstatic.

Plus I want to meet my May Challenge / Summer Solstice Challenge / birthday challenge. I had a weigh in on Monday of 11.9, and the scales this morning said 11.5, so naturally I wish that was my actual weight haha :p

I wouldn't really worry about when you choose to do it, just try and weigh yourself at around the same time every time. So whether you do mornings or evenings as long as you always do the same it'll be accurate in your changes.

i go by morning weight as thats what i've always done. but if you have always gone by evening weight that would be accurate too i guess?

does it matter??
I weigh myself mornings, but thats for convenience.
As longas I sustain a weight i am happy with and don't feel my clothes becoming tight when I am at goal, i am not going to fret about normal daily / female fluctuations.

x

does it matter??
I weigh myself mornings, but thats for convenience.
As longas I sustain a weight i am happy with and don't feel my clothes becoming tight when I am at goal, i am not going to fret about normal daily / female fluctuations.

x

Well yes, it does to me. Because I don't have a specific time I've ever weighed myself, so wanted to get the opinions of others.
Plus I'll need to know when I'm OK to come off SS, it's also important to me to know how far off my goals I am.

I "only" have 3 and a half stone to lose on CD, where as some others want to lose a lot more, so every pound matters to me. Losing this weight is currently the most important thing in my life, plus SS is costing me a huge amount in savings I've worked really hard to earn in part time jobs, money that I had initially saved up for university, and as I'm only 18 every penny I have right now is vital. So yes, it does matter that I know it is working.

I don't think you needed to react that way to my post.

morning weight.

Evening weight would be the weight of any food and all water drank during the day so not really the most accurate reflection.

Hey Luci,
I dont think Tillyfloss meant 'does it matter!! :eek:' i think she meant 'does it matter, shrug of the shoulders type thing :rolleyes:.....

If you want to take your morning weight, great, if you want to take your evening weight, well that is great too, just choose which one and stick with it ;)

I always go by morning after i have had a wee, as i am always lighter then, whereas during the day i can easily put on 2lb...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

morning weight.

Evening weight would be the weight of any food and all water drank during the day so not really the most accurate reflection.

Ah OK then I'll use the morning weight :)

Thank you for your replies everyone! They've been super helpful, as always. Hope you're all getting on ok :) xxx

Well yes, it does to me. Because I don't have a specific time I've ever weighed myself, so wanted to get the opinions of others.
Plus I'll need to know when I'm OK to come off SS, it's also important to me to know how far off my goals I am.

I "only" have 3 and a half stone to lose on CD, where as some others want to lose a lot more, so every pound matters to me. Losing this weight is currently the most important thing in my life, plus SS is costing me a huge amount in savings I've worked really hard to earn in part time jobs, money that I had initially saved up for university, and as I'm only 18 every penny I have right now is vital. So yes, it does matter that I know it is working.

I don't think you needed to react that way to my post.

I am sorry you have reacted in a negative way to my post, I wasn't insulting you at all or devaluing your journey... that is not the way I am!
Every single person here is undergoing a tremendously important journey, and to me too every pound I lose is a huge achievement... (i'm usre it is for every person here!)
If you read back your original post and what you have just replied to me, you have changed your initial question! In the original post you asked everyone what WE should class as a correct time to weigh!! I gave you my opinion and to me it doesn't matter... I weigh myself every time at the same time as stated!
In your reply to my reply you said you were asking because you didn't have a time you weighed yourself and as such were maybe trying to find out whether this mattered... maybe if you had asked this question then you might have got a different answer from us all!!!

As for your commitment and the cost ect... Thank you for sharing that, for you it adds to your motivation and that is also one of my motivations, but the thing is, my answer is very valid, to the question "is their a correct time to weigh".. the answer is still it doesn't matter to me... it is the consistency that matters... And without a doubt SS 100% has to work!

I am aware that the written word can be taken in the wrong way, and I can assure you that this is what happened in this case because I would never have 'dissed you'
I do however apologise if I didn't give an answer which you expected.

Take care and I wish you every sucess in your journey.
x

Well..for my stats here I used my official WI, but I weigh each morning and use that as my 'proper weight' - as its about 4lbs lighter :D (and also means I've broken into the 11s)

I am sorry you have reacted in a negative way to my post, I wasn't insulting you at all or devaluing your journey... that is not the way I am!
Every single person here is undergoing a tremendously important journey, and to me too every pound I lose is a huge achievement... (i'm usre it is for every person here!)
If you read back your original post and what you have just replied to me, you have changed your initial question! In the original post you asked everyone what WE should class as a correct time to weigh!! I gave you my opinion and to me it doesn't matter... I weigh myself every time at the same time as stated!
In your reply to my reply you said you were asking because you didn't have a time you weighed yourself and as such were maybe trying to find out whether this mattered... maybe if you had asked this question then you might have got a different answer from us all!!!

As for your commitment and the cost ect... Thank you for sharing that, for you it adds to your motivation and that is also one of my motivations, but the thing is, my answer is very valid, to the question "is their a correct time to weigh".. the answer is still it doesn't matter to me... it is the consistency that matters... And without a doubt SS 100% has to work!

I am aware that the written word can be taken in the wrong way, and I can assure you that this is what happened in this case because I would never have 'dissed you'
I do however apologise if I didn't give an answer which you expected.

Take care and I wish you every sucess in your journey.
x

I don't mind you saying you don't think it matters, that's fine, it was just the way you said it! However I accept that things can be taken the wrong way.

I was asking the question "when is a good time to weigh" because I obviously didn't know myself, so I thought that was pretty clear.

Obviously wires crossed or whatever. :) xx

I don't mind you saying you don't think it matters, that's fine, it was just the way you said it! However I accept that things can be taken the wrong way.

I was asking the question "when is a good time to weigh" because I obviously didn't know myself, so I thought that was pretty clear.

Obviously wires crossed or whatever. :) xx

Thats where this medium of communication falls down, because in written word, a person can't 'say' anything in a certain way, because you have no other verbal/ non verbal cues to back up your response, it can only be 'taken' a certain way!

If you knew me at all, you would know that I wouldn't attack anyone for asking a question, I answered your question (well the question you typed) and others also said it didn't matter when you weighed as long as you were consistent, it was just me you took offence to.

Like you said... sometimes on these boards wires get crossed, and once again I apologise if you read my reply in a way that you felt undermined your journey.
I think sometimes we are on an emotional rollercoaster and sometimes over react to what we think we have read, when if we look more closely, those things were not there at all.

Take care and once again good luck.

i dont weigh at home and so my cdc weighs me when it fits in ...that can be 1230 one week or 930 the next i also had a weigh in on the evening....as long as i lose i dont mind what the time is lol x

I weigh myself in the morning and it makes me feel better and keeps me going when I see the pounds coming off but the only advise is, try to weigh yourself at the same time every day that way you will have a consistent approach to your weight loss!

I weigh myself in the morning without any clothes on.....

Back