Your experience in exercise classes...

slimming_em

Hi all

I am starting an exercise class tomorrow with an acquaintance (i say that because I don't know her well enough to feel like i can make a complete idiot of myself) and wanted to know what everyone's experiences are of these type of classes..... I am doing bootcamp tomorrow but would love to try zumba another day. For some reason I have it in my head that these things are full of young size 6 types who are going to make me feel bad (or should I say worse) about myself ...... em x

Hi there!
I do nothing but classes( mainly body combat and body pump) and there are loads of folk that go who are all shapes and sizes and fitness levels, so don't worry! There is usually an easy option for each exercise til you build up your fitness levels too.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it! :)

i do alot of exercise classes, people of all shapes and sizes are there! :)

like claire said, always an easier option to build you up to it

Thanks both - I went to Bootcamp on Wednesday and although I felt like I was going to collapse it was easy to just smile and not do everything that the instructor said or do an easier version of it. (ie. I can not do 'proper' push ups so I did them on my knees). Did seem to be a variety of levels and types of people.

Really pleased I went and going for another Bootcamp class tomorrow!! :)

well done for going! :D

ah, helpful thread! i'm always terrified of meeting people i know; nothing worse than an old size 6 friend watching you puffing and red faced like a lunatic -.-

Plus just because someone is thinner then you it doesn't always mean they are fitter then you! Glad you enjoyed the class and are going again :0)

ah, helpful thread! i'm always terrified of meeting people i know; nothing worse than an old size 6 friend watching you puffing and red faced like a lunatic -.-

when that friend dosent even drop a bead of sweat then she clearly isnt working hard as you :)

Keep it going!!! I do nothing but classes (mainly combat) and much more satisfying than the gym. Usually the first class is the worst but you'll succeed!!! As for sweating boy do i sweat and its not glamourous especially when on the combat tracks its flying off the gloves and hitting the instructor. But you can't say i'm not working hard!!!!

Shaun

Keep it going!!! I do nothing but classes (mainly combat) and much more satisfying than the gym. Usually the first class is the worst but you'll succeed!!! As for sweating boy do i sweat and its not glamourous especially when on the combat tracks its flying off the gloves and hitting the instructor. But you can't say i'm not working hard!!!!

Shaun

i leave little sweat puddles around me, no one likes to stand near me :( i dont get red faced though, never have. i only go greeny/very pale for some reason.

slimming_em said:
Hi all

I am starting an exercise class tomorrow with an acquaintance (i say that because I don't know her well enough to feel like i can make a complete idiot of myself) and wanted to know what everyone's experiences are of these type of classes..... I am doing bootcamp tomorrow but would love to try zumba another day. For some reason I have it in my head that these things are full of young size 6 types who are going to make me feel bad (or should I say worse) about myself ...... em x

Zumba Is awesome all shapes and sizes i go every week highly reccomend it and go with a friend our Group always ends up in hysterics laughing at some of the thrusting and jiggling moved lol

Back