Your opinion?

pingushaz

Hey just have a question really, During the week i eat about 5 or 6 syns a day.
What is your opinion on having a cheat day once a week, say having a takeaway pizza or something?
my uncle did this every saturday on slimming world and lost loads of weight!
but i just wondered on what everyone elses opinion was

I do it, but only cos I'm a long way to target lol I don't tell myself I'm having a cheat day, as I'd just binge but a naughty meal. I've put a food diary on here to keep me on the right track so counted what I'm having tonight, indian!!

Pizza is really high in syns, so best to have as a proper treat lol but chinese and indian have loads of lower syn options. Like if I have chinese I always share a chicken chow mein, an egg fried rice and have a few chips off my boyfriend. Kebabs are quite low without the extra garlic mayo and pitta/tortilla, but then if you save enough syns during the week you can have that sauce or pitta! And an indian there's a good few dishes you will find in the back of your book which are low, like vegetable pilau is 2.5 :)

My syns are usually between 5 and 10 during the week so on a saturday that one take away meal isn't gonna make a difference. But then again I started with nearly 9 stone to lose and I need something to delete when I get closer to target and struggling :) x

Don't have a cheat day if you are just going to eat whatever you want without thinking about the syns. The only person you cheat is yourself. You have 105 syns a week so just deduct however many syns your pizza is from your weekly total and carry on synning until your syns run out. But as said pizza is high in syns so if you are not careful you could easily use all your syns and more on it.

Back