Your Success!

well done every one, truly an insperation

my first wi in tommor cant wait, even thou i started last fri i didnt really do it sat or sun was away but cant wait !

lost 5.5lbs in 5 weeks
all the slimming world mag success stories seem to be i lost 3 stone in three months etc... feeling a bit disheartened?:sigh:

Ignore that! everyone loses in different ways.. for those who can lose that fast then great, but personally (and this is personally) i lost 4 and a half stone in a year and one month.
i lost exactly the same amount of lbs as i did in the weeks it took me to get to target. 1 lb per week.

i wouldnt have wanted it any other way, sure there were times i wished it could just disapear overnight etc.. But my god i struggled to ajust! your head and your body dont ajust at the same time, and it can take a while for you to catch up mentally. I was buying size 18s for months before i could get my head round when i first got in a 12! by the time i got to a size 10, i paniked as i'd never contemplated being a 10, always thought i'd make it to a 12 and that'd be it. If i'd lost 3 stone in 3 months, quite frankly i'd be a mess. . and i sure as hell wouldnt feel like i knew the plan well enough to maintain! anyone who can lose 3 stone in such a short time couldnt have had a gain, or atleast a proper one.. and i personally dont believe you can learn to deal with food and emotions untill youv been through some real ups and downs! everytime i gain, i look back over the last couple of times i may have gained, and how i dealt with it, what i ate, how i sorte myself out and got back on track.. and then i learn somthing each time, and can avoid it better next time!!

your doing so well. 1lb a week, although it may seem slow to you, is all you need. Much better than nothing at all, or gaining that 1lb per week eh!?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How much weight have you lost and how long have you been doing SW...?

for me - week1 -4
week2 - 1
week3 - 1
week4 +1.5
week5 - 1

lost 5.5lbs in 5 weeks
all the slimming world mag success stories seem to be i lost 3 stone in three months etc... feeling a bit disheartened?:sigh:

Don't despair... my first few weeks were:
week1 -4
week2 - STS
week3 - STS
week4 -1.5
week5 + 1.5

So... I lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks!
It actually took me 30 weeks to lose 30.5 pounds to target.
Unlike a lot of people my weight loss speeded up towards target losing 8.5 pounds in the last 4 weeks.
I have since re-targeted as I had gone 4.5 pounds below target, and am now 1.5 below my new target!
My consultant has asked me to fill in a food dairy as I have upped my syns and HEXs and should not be still losing.

i have bein doing sw for 28 weeks and only wish i had found it years ago still got a bit to go but i think i could do it this time and hope i never look back:)

My losses are as follows (16 weeks)
1- Lost 1 1/2
2- Lost 1
3- Lost 2
4- Lost 3 1/2
5- Gained 1 :(
6- Lost 3
7- Lost 2
8-10 Lost 1 1/2
11- Lost 4 1/2
12- Lost 1 1/2
13- Lost 1 1/2
14- Lost 1/2
15- Lost 1
16- Lost 2

So a total of 24 1/2! I'm pleased with my rate of loss- it's about 1/2 stone per calendar month at the moment which isn't to be sniffed at! I don't want to do it quickly as I know it's not a quick fix for me- I know I have to eat this way forever and it's a good job I'm enjoying it so much! I know you're asking people about how fast they've done it, but I think the most important thing is NOT to compare yourself with others! Your weight loss and body is unique to you and we all have different lifestyles, metabolisms, distribution of body fat, etc etc so it really is impossible to compare! Some people may lose it really quickly but this doesn't necessarily mean they are enjoying it or will keep it off! The main thing is that you lose it eventually and do succeed in keeping it off!X

It took me a year to lose 3 stone but then life happened and I stopped. I've lost 11lbs since starting back last November but 'life' is impinging a little again so things are going to take a while to get back on BUT I WILL get there. Be it this year, next year or in 2020!

Back