Your weight cycle

Guru

Silver Member
When did the big events happen in your life? Do you think these triggered off significant changes in your weight?

7 Started school - slim/normal
11 Started high school - slim/normal
17 Started at college - slim/normal
18 Learned to drive - started putting on weight
19 Went to university - piled on weight (mostly boozing)
27 Parents split up. Had a nasty relationship. Moved to the USA for a year - lost 2 stone
28 Returned to the UK, got DVT, piled on four stone
30 Met (now) hubby. Got engaged
31 Joined LL, lost 3 stone. Left LL, put back on 3 stone
32 Got married
33 Started having troubles conceiving. Put on 1 stone
34 Started CD. Lost 3 stone 2lbs so far
35 Only turned 35 today so yet to see what this year brings!

When I was 8 my Dad died and the weight piled on and on. Then in year 6 of school, I was bullied because of my weight, then started high school - the same cruel taunts that led me to emotionally binge. Since I was 16 I met my now hb and have been very happy and content, and weight has still piled on...I think once you start putting on weight it just keeps creeping and creeping on. But now, fighting the fat gives me a much better boost that any cadbury's or walkers sh**y snacks will ever give me. :):):):)

Ooh and many Happy Returns for your Birthday hun - I hope you are spolit rotten :):):):):):):):) Hugs x x x

5 Started school - very slim
11 Started high school - very slim
17 learned to drive - very slim
19 Met 'P' was just under 8 stone and started to eat the same amount of food as him...
20 P enouraging me to eat as much as him and more
21 eating massive portions, I used to feel 'proud' to feel 'full' enough to be sick
22 P still encouraging me to eat and saying it was 'nice' to feel a woman with a figure
23 P was a big man (not at all overweight) built like a rugby player etc...
24 still with P
25 still with P
26 still with P
27 relationship went downhill with P and met my gorgeous fiance, Mark
28 stayed same weight, very content with Mark
29 very contented
30 engaged on my 30th Birthday to Mark, had 30th birthday and saw pics of myself!! I didn't look like the person I thought I am, if you get my drift?! thought I'd have to do something about it, and am here! :)

31 hoping to be married when I reach 31 (he's going to be 43 - ha ha)

Happy Birthday Guru xx

Congrats on your weight loss to date too (very similar to my weight so i will be watching lol)

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, I was a chubby child, the only time I remember buying size 14 trousers I was 12yrs old :(
thought I'd get myself into shape before I turn 40 next year as they say life begins then :D

Ok, lets do this for me:

7 Started school - slim/normal
11 Started high school - slim/normal
16 Started at college - slim/normal - even played hockey for my college!
17 Learned to drive - started putting on weight
19 Went to university - piled on weight (mostly boozing)
22 Lost a load of weight for various reasons, had job with lots of manual work too
24 Started working in an office, started to pile on the lbs, Moved in with the to-be Mrs L
27 Gave up smoking (became an occasional weekend smoker though)
28 Got job where I was staying in hotels maybe 1 night a week. Weight increase was significant...
30 Got married. Lost a bit of weight beforehand
31 Got job which involved staying in hotels 2-3 nights a week... Ballooned.
35 Made redundant but got new job straight away. Lived in a flat for three months away from the family. Shocking food abuse occurred. Gave up drinking later that year. Gave up the fags for good.
37 Started CD and lost 6 stone so far

Here we go...

5 First time I realised I was "fat" after incident at the doctors. My weight is now an issue for me
6 Made to have my hair cut short and was frequently mistaken for a boy. Weight goes up
7 Started very first diet. Weight goes down
10 No Brownie uniform will fit me. Weight goes up
11 Started comp and had to buy adult size clothes between 16-18
15 Went on the pill, lost 1.5 stone really quickly which was followed by a hugely restricted diet where I got down to my lowest weight of 13 stone
16 Started at college and first job - more money and freedom for food
17 Realised I weighed 17 stone at 17 - went on SW and lost 2.5 stone
18 Discovered a serious love for booze. Went to uni and no longer had my Mum watching everything I ate resulting in my weight moving up to 20 stone
19 Left uni. Very unhappy at having to live back at home. Weight goes up a little
20 Mum pays for SW and I restrict food consuption to the max. Weight drops to 15 stone.
21 Back at uni. Loose weight at first, then pile it on after meeting my husband.
22 Unhappy at uni. More weight goes on. I try RC a few times and loose a little, then gain more
23 Still miserable = 26 stone. After graduation, I attempt RC for a while with limited sucess.
24 Working in an office in a job I dislike. Weight stays the same for a while.
25 Attempt a few diets. Weight ends up the same
26 Same!
27 Had an accident which meant no work or movement. Weight moves up to all time high of 30.5 stone
27 - 28 Spent some time in Hong Kong, and now NZ. Realised it's not that great to be fat and travel. It's not that great to be fat at all. Working on not being fat at 30! Oh! And I got married!

Wow! Scary to look at it like that.

0 - I was a very sick baby and in ICW
5- went to school normal average weight
10 - end of primary education/early into puberty thought i was fat
11 - massive boobs took over looked fat in my eyes (normal size)
15 - made county swimming club
16 - still swimming 6 times a week (stupidly fit)
17 - had wisdom teeth out nurse tells me I am overweight (I had a 6 pack at this point)
18 - got glandular fever gave up swimming put on lots of weight
19 - ate what an ex would eat - had competitions to see who could eat the most
20 - started dieting got down to 14 7 lowest weight
22 - had appendix out and doctor kept telling me i had 'a bit of a belly'
23 - joined CD will be healthy!
24 soon - will finish CD and still be healthy ;)

Ok, here is my story:

1 – 9: normal kid, a bit skinny
10: start playing girls 11-a-side football back home in Sweden – (end up playing for over 15 years)
11 – 25: normal/slim, weight kept steady with volleyball, ten pin bowling, running and football, even jogging in the snow in the winter J
26 - 27: Marry an English soldier, leave Sweden and get posted to Cyprus. Live the good life, with BBQ’s, parties with, pub evenings etc. Start putting on a bit of weight. Husband starts being violent...
28 – 30: Hubby gets posting to Germany for 2 years, violence continues, starts weighing myself in stones (instead of kilos) for the first time. Weigh around 11.5 stone.
31: Divorce husband and move alone to Scotland. Jo-jo dieting, loneliness and unhappy relationships, weight creeps up to 12 stone 9.
36: Meets C and gets engaged, joins slimming world and take up 5-a-side football with the guys, lose 3 stone – lightest ever at just under 10 stone. Move down to London, put up in hotel by employer and live on take-aways for 5 weeks. Put on some weight, go to the gym occasionally. Relationship deteriorating.
37: Mum dies, fiancé having an affair, weight piling on.
40: Split up from fiancé, move to Essex. Join gym, going 5 times a week. Share flat with new friend who turns out to be not so friendly... Weight piling on.
41: Meet current LOVELY boyfriend, too happy/enjoying life/moving in together. Countless diets, always resulting in failure and further weight gain.
43: Now - heaviest ever at 14 stone 10 – join CD, best decision ever!!
Next year: 10 stone???? J
Wow, it certainly is scary seeing it in print. Hope it wasn't too much info, lol.

LMAO, this is a lot like me.

0-25 - normal
25 - 30 - struggled on the odd diet
30 - gave up smoking, put on weight
31 - had accident and couldn't move for a few months, put on weight
32 - CD - normal again (I think!)

Nothing interesting on mine

0-28 normal then gave up fags at 29 fatty alert

Cd at 32 Till present :D

This is mine

1-17 slim (8 stone)
18 Met first boyfriend and started eating takeaways (gradually went up to 9 stone
19 Got pregnant lost baby but put on a stone (10 stone)
20 - 22 stayed 10 stone, got pregnant again and went up to 12 stone
23 - had daughter and did ww to get down to 9 stone. Stayed this weight for a couple of years.
25 - Split up with partner, got a job in pub and started piling on the weight.
33 - mum died very traumatised and continued to pile on weight.
34 - 40 weight creeping up every year
40 (my annis horriblis) - After Gall bladder removal I get pancreatitis which leaves me with diabetes. Later that year fiance has brain haemorrhage and goes into coma for 5 months (in which I am up the hospital every day eating rubbish). He eventually passes away and I eat for comfort.
45 - get to my highest weight (16.13) and decide to do SS

Would add that every single member of my immediate family are overweight so definitely got a battle - mum had underactive thyroid and diabetes and I was headed in the same direction.

5 - start school underweight
7 - boobs start to appear
10 - periods start, weight starts poling on despite the fact im eating same as before and im a dancer, dance class every day
11 - start senior school with well defined figure
12 - more weight
13 - more weight
14 - more weight, teasing starts
15 - in a size 16
16 - start college and sw, lose 4 stone
18 - left home, assulted by someone i trusted, gain weight as security
19 - move to nothern ireland, mum diagnosed with alzhimers, now a size 20
20 - got married
22 - husband turns violent, i spend evenings and weekends at cinema avoiding him
23 - pregnant, give birth at 25 weeks, baby very ill, has brain hemmorages, infections, some defects etc, in hospital with her all year, i gain 6 stone comfort eating while waiting for her to die
24 - get to take my baby home, weight static
25 - by the end of the year i had enough and went on cd losing 5 stone before messing up when moving back to the mainland due to ex husband making threats and acctually attacking me and baby on 4 occasions this year
26 - played about with 2 different cdc's first was shocking, second not much better, i regain what i lost previously with comfort eating with new diagnosis for wee girl
27 - had enough again and find new cdc, this time i will do it

I started overeating at the age of 12. My family moved from South London to West London and I switched from a mixed state primary to a private all girls convent school. I didn't feel that I fitted in although I eventually settled, so I turned to the tuck shop for comfort.
Since the age of 18 there has been a cycle of a few years of being slim followed by a few years of fat, slim, fat etc

I've done mine, but I'm not ready to post it up for all to see. Suffice to say, this is one of the most useful processes I've ever done. It’s opened my eyes to exactly how much food, weight and diets have dictated my life and my happiness, right from the age of 11. What a waste. If anything is motivating me to get it sorted, its this. I also realise that there are very few times in my adult life, if any, where I’ve actually stayed at a weight. It’s always been “in control” or “out of control” - losing weight, or gaining weight. Shocking.

Back