You're only going to gain it all back!!!

just logged back in after a week and read all the messages it is sad that many people can't be supportive and don't bother finding out about what you're doing before having a negative opinion on it..but having said that most people at work now are asking me every week how i am doing and comenting on the weight loss and that is really nice and a motivator for sure :) Yvonne i can't belive the evilness in your office! that is so extreme and pure evil sorry you had to go through that! that would upset me a lot all the sabottage attempts...but as the rest were saying it's only because they are jealous i am sure of it . Most people didn't think i could do it even my friends because nothing had worked in teh past and i never stuck to any diet, but this is different somehow and i will do it till the end and then i will keep it off! i know it i really do this time :)

nobody at work really knows what i'm doing. just my mate that i sit next to and i know he doesn't really approve but he keeps it to himself because he knows it makes me happy. but then he has seen me doing every bloody diet in the book, ha. i think he'll get a shock when this one actually works. as for everyone else, well i make my soup in a cup just like i was having cupasoup for lunch and nobody says anything. i eat it with a spoon out of a bowl half the time too. when i'm skinny i'll tell everyone how i did it if they ask but i'm not going to say anything now because i don't want to have to deal with people's comments...

abz xx

I was gonna start a similar thread today then spotted this one!

I haven't even started yet and the comments have started!

I was stood in a queue getting my lunch and said to some colleagues that this would be the last time I have any food from the canteen for a while because I was gonna start this diet, so they were all asking about it.

Lots of gasps and "that sounds dangerous" and even one person saying, look, I have been dieting for 20+ years and havent been successful so you may as well not bother!! lesson learnt - try not to speak about it unless absolutely necessary!!!

I am sure there will be plenty more comments but as long as I start looking good, I don't think I will mind too much!

I am sure that person that said don't bother will be asking you for the name of the diet once she sees the results!

/

i know how it feels, i live near my mum and cos i just losted 7 & half stone she keeps telling me it makes me look old but everyone else i run in to say how good i look, its because there jealous:p

Well unfortunately i am one of these people who did just that. I lost loads of weight and put it all back on plus some. ............:( I wasnt in the right mindset when i came off the diet and it was more a forced decision than a planned on. Now im back on the SS train and hopefully this time i will complete my journey.

Sorry for being one of those to fuel these rumours...........i do SS via a private room or bathroom cos the lads at work are rubbish and would give me the same feed back as you have.

X

No diet works long term if you are not in the right mind set and if you do it for the pressure you feel that family and friends are telling you you have to do it, you are unhealthy and will die young, etc. I did many many diets in the past and always put on what i had lost and more after it was done because i wasn't ready to do it as simple as that. This time i am sure it won't happen because i started it and continue to do it out of choice not pressure. I am sure it will work for you too now that you are doing it for you and not for others :)
I'm sorry people at work are not supportive..what is wrong with people? tehy can't see somebody acually being strong and doing something possitive for their life... well you will show them i am sure that you will be sucsesfull and they will have to be ashamed of themselves for not supporting you! :)

The only negative comment I've had(was more a concern really) was from a lady that did LL and lost 7 stone only to find she had destroyed her stomach lining. She said to watch out for any signs of indegestion, to treat it seriously and to get it checked out straight away.
No real negativity but then it has only been 6 days lol :D
Well done to everyone for rising above it. I just think that as long as you learn about your eating and recognise your pitfalls then you can retrain yourself, especially by working through stabilisation and maintenance properly :)

just ignore what other people say and remember this is all for you and no one else.... they will be the jealous ones when you loose all the weigh AND keep it off :)
xx

People that care about you will support you and the rest - well, they're just jealous that you can commit to improving yourself and stick with it. Most people criticise because of their own feelings of inadequacy or low self esteem. They won't be so vocal when you prove them wrong.

I have told my friends about CD (some are ever giving it a go!) but no one else because I don't want to have to deal with the negativity.

My colleagues have been supportive of my weight loss, but all they know is that I have given up drinking (I had a bit of a party reputation with them before) and that I have soup for lunch everyday. I think if I told them then there would be too many opinions, and I don't want to have to deal with that..

I haven't told my family, I don't know how they would react. I'm the only one who lives in the UK, so I haven't seen any of them since I started and want to suprise them with my transformation. I'm seeing my sister in a couple of weeks who has always been so high and mighty about how fat I am and how early I'm going to die (I'm sure she's doing the being cruel to be kind thing, but coming from a perpetually skinny person it never went down well) I kind of feel like telling her that the weight just sort of fell off when I wasn't looking one day. I know that's weird, but she has an opinion on EVERYTHING!

Can't wait to see my Dad next year (he lives in Australia), I'd happily tell him all about it as I know he'll be thrilled for me for being healthier and happier. Just want to wait and surprise him first!

But yeah, back to the negative comments thing, I find it better to just avoid the details..

Dee x

Just had this comment(see below) from somebody. Talk about negative!

"I used to sell this stuff over 20 years ago and it was awful then and probably still is. Do a sensible diet and think about portion sizes, it's the only way"

So tempted to post a reply that isn't particularly polite but am stopping myself. All I can say is glad she was never my CDC!!! :D

Just had this comment(see below) from somebody. Talk about negative!

"I used to sell this stuff over 20 years ago and it was awful then and probably still is. Do a sensible diet and think about portion sizes, it's the only way"

So tempted to post a reply that isn't particularly polite but am stopping myself. All I can say is glad she was never my CDC!!! :D

Apparently CD had a revamp a while ago, so no, it's not still 'awful'.
Evidently CDCs back then didn't have to do the diet themselves!

I've had a few nasty comments - my friend, every time I was tired/coughed/complained at ALL said that my diet was TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS.
Funnily she's a size 18.
So now I keep her updated every time I drop a size/lose a stone.
It's sooo worth it to hear her grumble to herself :D

Forget the negative comments, and remember the positive ones. Hard i know, but you will feel so much better in the long run.

Thanks for that info Jennikay :)
Hard to imagine someone selling CD that hasn't been through it themselves!
I haven't had a horrible shake/soup yet(thankfully lol) :)

Good luck everyone...I didn't tell anyone what I was doing either...and I have kept 6 stone off for nearly a year...it is possible!

These people are just jealous, if you wanted chocolate you would have a chocolate brik!

In my job i sit with my boss, and she is so against this diet, and she tried to talk me out of it, saying i was being brainwashed and bullied into it.

My hairdresser said she knows someone that did this diet and she has since put all weight back on and now cannot lose weight has its messed up the metabolism, so i have all these negatives around me too!

But when you are slim, looking as gorgeous has you possibly can, radiating sunshine, then chocolate will be the last thing they offer you! sounds like hes a pl*nker!

Back