DSC02996.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC02997.jpg
    DSC02997.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC02998.jpg
    DSC02998.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 174
yup mine is like that to...so disheartening and even now i really hate my stomach!!
BUT
i hated it more when was fatter so suppose thats a good thing!!!
xxx

I hate it more now, can't even look at myself in the mirror. Those pics don't show how far it really sticks out either, I hate it :(

Yeah I'm going to talk to my gp at some point but am waiting til hubby can take a day off and come with me, my dr's aren't great and I don't feel comfortable doing this kind of thing on my own.

Hi Emma, I think you've done so well to lose what you have so far.Your tummy shows its experience of three pregnancies and even if you hadn't lost weight would probably be stretchmarked,but I bet your OH doesn't mind it as much as you.Bear in mind LS's advice about the skin tightening up in due course,and you do have the advantage of youth behind you unlike some of us :).It would be a shame to become preoccupied by this when you have done so so well x.

I've seen a previous thread where you were talking about your tum and how your feel about it so i just wanted to say i think you've been really brave to post pics, thats quite a step.
Talk to you gp and take hubby with you. you done great to loose the weight now you want the icing on the cake !!

Ps lovely nails !!

You know before I lost weight, I never noticed that I had a big nose that has quite a curve on it. I really don't like it now and could become quite preoccupied with it. It's funny it's something that never bothered me before - but I guess my face was rounder so it stood out less.
I wonder if this is just human nature and having to have something to dislike about ourselves? When we're fat, it's easy - when we lose the weight, perhaps we have to look a little harder to find something to be critical of? Just a thought :)

OMG - when did you sneak into my house and take pics of my tummy???!!!

snap - i'm not brave enough to put mine on - but don't need to as they would be the same.

mine has got worse with each baby so in a way i don't mind as there is a reason its so bad.

daisy x

Em. I want to say too that it was very brave of you to post those, and as you can see, it is similar for many. I would never be brve enough to post mine, and while I am lucky I don;t have stretch marks I do have a lot of loose skin and the same poochy effect.

Honey - a women shouel never EVER feel bad about strecth marks from child birth. Those are something to be proud of, really. You have given life to three children. Those are the proof of that. Many men find those kinds of marks attractive for it symbolises the beauty of being a woman and the wonder of producing a human life. Never be ashamed of them. They are your badge of courage.

The loos skin can always be dealt with by surgery if that does not shrink back enough to satisfy you - and it takes MANY months - so don;t think what you have now is what you will have to live with forever.

I hate mine too. I look like I am 90 from the neck down when I am naked! But it is slowly improving, and I will have surgery as and when I can afford it. I would much rather have that, then a ginormous bloated tummy that sits on my lap. Any day of the week.

I spoke to my Nurse - and she said the NHS will only consider a Tummy Tuck if there is a pshycological reason. If you start to see a counselor now, it will be well documented how much trauma this is causing you, and I think it is safe to say it is. I can feel hoe much you hate it, and how down it gets you. So you may want to consider that.

Don;t worry - you are by far not the only one with the problem, but one of the bravest to share.

XX

Last edited:
Well done Emma. :hug99:

I will just say though that you are young and so are your kids. It takes a long time for the body to snap back. I had daughter when I was 19 and son 22 months later and I had a belly like that. Now 22 years later the stretch marks have faded the muscles have strengthened and it's all not too bad. BUT I was conscious of it for a long long time. I would of jumped at the option of surgery at the time but it wasn't there and now the tum is a bit further down the list!! :rolleyes: Don't let it get obsessive.

You have beautiful children too to show for all those battle scars!! :D

(I even tried on a bikini this morning!!:faint2: Something I have never ever worn in my life! Last year for the first time on holiday I actually had a good look at people around the pool and saw that they weren't looking at me and couldn't give a damn about what I thought about what they were wearing or looked like. They were happy and un selfconsciously having fun. That's going to be me this year too.)

Em, so brave to put your pics up after me talking about my freaky tum! Mine's just like yours (maybe one day I'll be brave enough to put up pics!) Only thing is you've got three kids! Mine's from years of self abuse.
It's got so much better since I statrted running though and my 'apron' isn't nearly as bad either. Give it a little time and it'll be so much better. Plus, you'll learn to love it just like i do mine in my own special way!
Once again, very brave, shows levels of confidence I'm sure you never knew you even had xx

Mahusif respect to you for posting those pix hun. I am still a fat thing and I would rather have your tummy than mine right now:).
Be happy hun.
xx

It's so brave of you to do this. You're not alone, lots of us have tummies like this after pregnancy and weight loss. 3 children is a wonderful achievement. Your weight loss is great and there are many people on here who testify to their skin shrinking back after about a year of maintaining their new weight so don't give up hope yet. If not, then there's nothing wrong with having a tummy tuck if you want one. :hug99:

Well done for being so brave, I bet nearly every woman on here is saying that looks just like mine, I'm not a freak after all, I know I am. I too may go and see my GP but have decided to wait 6 months and see what exercise and the wonder of nature can do, I can't decide whats worse my stomach or boobs (or lack of them, F to a C cup, golf balls in socks springs to mind). I do keep telling myself it is just a natural reminder of my wonderful son and am hoping that this mantra will work one day and I can look in the mirror with confidence.
Good luck in your quest to become happy with your body.

Em, mine is similar! I have had four kids as you know, youngest nine months old.

This might sound weird, but I'm quite fond of mine!!! LOL! Maybe it's because it reminds me of my pregnancies, I have no idea really!

My problem is more my arms, I don't like them and never have and when I started out on LL, this was the one thing I was concerned about, having loose skin there. How ridiculous is that??

I'm going to live with it all, because one thing I've realised is that I will never be perfect and nor do I want to be. I put all sorts down to being fat, when in reality half of it is nothing to do with being fat but is just life.

I don't want to belittle your worries at all, but I just wear tight jeans and my tummy has an immediate tuck!! LOL!

Emma you are truly amazing to have the courage to post your pic's and as many have said i'm sure a fair few of us have similar issues. I still have a way to go but my stomach is looking pretty awful and that is my main bug bare too although mine is also down to 2 c-sections as well as the weight loss.

I hope you find a way to feel better about it, whether that be surgery or not .... personally I think I may well go down the surgery route at some point once I have waited a while after I have finished to see what happens.

x

Hi Emma

Have a look at www.meditechclinics.co.uk

My personal trainer swears by this treatment after being turned down by the NHS for a tummy tuck. (She had lost 4 stone before becoming a PT).

Its not cheap but its not anywhere near as expensive as surgery. She has now cancelled all thoughts of surgery and shouts about this treatment and results from the treetops!!

ps I lost 3 stone on CD and I have to admit afterwards I did think my tummy was quite floppy and wrinkly BUT it did change over the following months and the skin know looks very different!

Back