Zumba Classes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BritMumInCanada, 17 February 2010 Social URL.

1. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Has anyone done any? What did you think?

I am thinking about joining a local class to force me to do some exercise, as although I bought some exercise dvd's to do at home, I find I don't do them very often.

Zumba classes look really fun too. Is kind of a mix between dance and aerobics.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. goonersck01

goonersck01 Full Member

Hi there,

I started doing Zumba classes at the beginning of January, they are probably one of the best exercise classes I've done . The music is great, the vibe, atmosphere and dance moves are almost party-like. The dance moves/exercises range from Latin American, African Calypso, Greek belly dancing, street dance, jive and so on..

Whilst I am not convinced that it has helped my weight loss, it is brilliant for shaping and tonning with very visible results - I only wish I had taken my measurements back in Jan, but as a ballpark, I have gone down two belt holes in 7 weeks :D. Like any exercise class you do have to remember to tense your muscles when do the moves to really make it work. You also probably need to do at least 2 classes per week.

Hope this helps - enjoy!!

4. nattyk

nattyk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    they do this at my gym - but on at the same times as my spinning class...and I love my spinning class, so not tired it out yet....

5. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would love to do this but sadly no classes here yet :(

6. goonersck01

goonersck01 Full Member

Brightonrosie, did you search on the website using your postcode, that's how i found mine? This is still taking off in the UK, so you may have to travel to a nearby class - my class is about 8miles from home. Here's the website www.zumba.com

7. Nikkiwales

Nikkiwales Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've never heard of it. I just found a class in my local leisure centre to. It looks fun

8. Tazzypop

Tazzypop Member

Start Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    They put a notice on the board the other day at my gym saying that classes will be starting soon,I'll have to give it a try

9. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Its so funny that you should mention this Britmum, because I was thinking of joining some kind of dance class. I don't enjoy exercise but I LOVE dancing and I was looking through different courses they offer at a university near where I work but the timetable clashed with my work hours :(
    Did a search on Zumba classes in my area and there's one on mondays at 6! Perfect!! Thanks for sharing Britmum! Dancing is the perfect exercise, I lost half a stone from dance classes for my wedding and that was just from 12 classes!

10. lucky89

lucky89 Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    so so gutted all classes in my aea clash with work or univeristy :(
    really wanted to go to one for a while, might buy dvd but would rather have motivation of going to a class!

11. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sadly my nearest one is 18 miles away. i will pop back to the site regularly to see if any start nearby x

12. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does look really fun, loads of people rave about it and I love dancing, so it can only be good. Just realised my trainers are a bit worse for wear though, as I tend to exercise in just my socks at home, so am going to have to purchase some.

13. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    IVe heard this is brill :) the nearest one to me is the other side of town tho :-( need to keep my fingers crossed that there will be one nearer me soon x

14. Lisaberry

Lisaberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.3lb(31.13%)
    Diet:
    Changes like the wind!
    Never heard of zumba, going to look it up! I love street dancing but find getting to any classes difficult with the kiddies and a dh who cant/wont cook

15. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried Zumba on Sunday and it was FAB!!

One of the girls there had a calorie burning watch thing, and it had registered over 1000 cals by the end of the lesson. And it was F U N.

Def going again next weekend.

16. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    How much does it cost for a class? It sounds great!

17. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, I don't know how much it would cost as it's one of the classes to choose from at the Fitness Club / Gym I joined last Friday. So far I tried Step (Saturday), Zumba (Sunday), and Dance Fit (Tuesday), and have been swimming three times - but I'm not much good at swimming so I only do about 15 mins then stop.

Classes are so much better than being on your own with a bunch of machines, but Zumba is def the most fun (so far - lots more to try yet).

DW Sports Fitness – Sports Shop, Fitness Clubs, Swimming Pools, Gym Membership, Group Exercise, Sports Store
    This costs me £38 pcm (as a waged adult going at peak times)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.