Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Zumba Classes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BritMumInCanada, 17 February 2010 Social URL.

1. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Has anyone done any? What did you think?

I am thinking about joining a local class to force me to do some exercise, as although I bought some exercise dvd's to do at home, I find I don't do them very often.

Zumba classes look really fun too. Is kind of a mix between dance and aerobics.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. goonersck01

goonersck01 Full Member

Hi there,

I started doing Zumba classes at the beginning of January, they are probably one of the best exercise classes I've done . The music is great, the vibe, atmosphere and dance moves are almost party-like. The dance moves/exercises range from Latin American, African Calypso, Greek belly dancing, street dance, jive and so on..

Whilst I am not convinced that it has helped my weight loss, it is brilliant for shaping and tonning with very visible results - I only wish I had taken my measurements back in Jan, but as a ballpark, I have gone down two belt holes in 7 weeks :D. Like any exercise class you do have to remember to tense your muscles when do the moves to really make it work. You also probably need to do at least 2 classes per week.

Hope this helps - enjoy!!

4. nattyk

nattyk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    they do this at my gym - but on at the same times as my spinning class...and I love my spinning class, so not tired it out yet....

5. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would love to do this but sadly no classes here yet :(

6. goonersck01

goonersck01 Full Member

Brightonrosie, did you search on the website using your postcode, that's how i found mine? This is still taking off in the UK, so you may have to travel to a nearby class - my class is about 8miles from home. Here's the website www.zumba.com

7. Nikkiwales

Nikkiwales Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've never heard of it. I just found a class in my local leisure centre to. It looks fun

8. Tazzypop

Tazzypop Member

Start Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    They put a notice on the board the other day at my gym saying that classes will be starting soon,I'll have to give it a try

9. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Its so funny that you should mention this Britmum, because I was thinking of joining some kind of dance class. I don't enjoy exercise but I LOVE dancing and I was looking through different courses they offer at a university near where I work but the timetable clashed with my work hours :(
    Did a search on Zumba classes in my area and there's one on mondays at 6! Perfect!! Thanks for sharing Britmum! Dancing is the perfect exercise, I lost half a stone from dance classes for my wedding and that was just from 12 classes!

10. lucky89

lucky89 Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    so so gutted all classes in my aea clash with work or univeristy :(
    really wanted to go to one for a while, might buy dvd but would rather have motivation of going to a class!

11. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sadly my nearest one is 18 miles away. i will pop back to the site regularly to see if any start nearby x

12. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does look really fun, loads of people rave about it and I love dancing, so it can only be good. Just realised my trainers are a bit worse for wear though, as I tend to exercise in just my socks at home, so am going to have to purchase some.

13. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    IVe heard this is brill :) the nearest one to me is the other side of town tho :-( need to keep my fingers crossed that there will be one nearer me soon x

14. Lisaberry

Lisaberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.3lb(31.13%)
    Diet:
    Changes like the wind!
    Never heard of zumba, going to look it up! I love street dancing but find getting to any classes difficult with the kiddies and a dh who cant/wont cook

15. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried Zumba on Sunday and it was FAB!!

One of the girls there had a calorie burning watch thing, and it had registered over 1000 cals by the end of the lesson. And it was F U N.

Def going again next weekend.

16. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    How much does it cost for a class? It sounds great!

17. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, I don't know how much it would cost as it's one of the classes to choose from at the Fitness Club / Gym I joined last Friday. So far I tried Step (Saturday), Zumba (Sunday), and Dance Fit (Tuesday), and have been swimming three times - but I'm not much good at swimming so I only do about 15 mins then stop.

Classes are so much better than being on your own with a bunch of machines, but Zumba is def the most fun (so far - lots more to try yet).

DW Sports Fitness – Sports Shop, Fitness Clubs, Swimming Pools, Gym Membership, Group Exercise, Sports Store
    This costs me £38 pcm (as a waged adult going at peak times)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.