2014-Wedding Weight Loss Diary!

Morning!

At work so writing a sneaky post lol. OH has changed the location of the meal today to make it more SW friendly for me. It's got a carvery so I can just have the meat and loads of veg and a bit of gravy and syn that. Much more manageable than originally thought so I feel a bit more relieved.
Have been researching cost of things for the wedding today - my my my people charge crazy prices for things! Am I being tight or is £200 for a cake a lot of money?! And as for flowers.....i hate flowers but will be weird without them! I'd love a brooch bouquet but they can cost hundreds and even getting the materials together to have a go at making my own will be really expensive. If I could get enough brooches (50ish) for £50 then I would do that and have wrist corsages for the bridesmaids (all 5 of them!!) but otherwise it just gets pricier and pricier. Stressed! Doesn't help that slimming world costs a fortune but it needs to be done!

EE Day

Breakfast
Weetabix & milk (A&B)

Lunch
Chicken pasta salad

Tea
Roast chicken with vegetables (5 syns for gravy and any sneaky oil!)

oh ideal that the dinner has been changed...phew! lol

as for the wedding stuff...i'm not married, but i know it's a fortune!
and £200 for a cake...is one of the cheapest i've heard of!

crazy eh! my friend got married a few years ago and they paid out £12000!!!
i think it can be done as cheap/expensive as you want....but things will always be OTT when it comes to charging....do you know anyone who could make the cake for you?

hope your shift goes ok today...enjoy your dinner :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Weigh in tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I don't feel like I've lost anything despite having a really good week. I'm getting disheartened with slimming world at the minute- the scales just aren't budging and I am trying my hardest :-( feeling stressed

What time do you weigh?

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry...I'm kinda feeling a bit the same after last week's surprise gain! I've been 100% on plan for 3 wks...I'm looking for results!

We just need have some faith in the plan....fingers crossed ;) x

Good luck with weigh in xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I get weighed at 5.30. I've eaten really light today which isn't like me, I'm just really nervous for weigh in. Each time I've started SW I've had big losses in week 1. I will be disappointed with a low loss and devastated with a maintain or gain. Feeling really deflated!

i know what you mean!

i had 2 off...and i know a loss is a loss but i think in my head i expected fast on fast off and been 100% since 30th dec.
i would've been miffed at a sts and did hope it would be more but at least it's going in the right direction!

meant to ask, how did the meal go yesterday?

look forward to you post WI post....good luck! ;) x

A miserable 1lb off. For a first week that is horrendous. Bad mood has taken over....early night to sleep it off is the only solution! X

Bless you. Big hugs xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning diary,

Feeling a bit better this morning - thank you for your lovely messages last night!
On reflection I still feel disappointed but there's no point dwelling on the situation, I need to take this frustration and use it positively. And that can only mean one thing - gym time! I'm going to hit the gym on my way home from work, no excuses. I'm going to try 10 minute interval training on each bit of equipment I like - treadmill, rower, crosstrainer and bike followed by weights. Determined to make this week a positive one.

EE Day

Breakfast
Fruit salad (melon, strawberries, apple, tangerine & grapes)

Lunch
Pasta arrabiatta (contains, tinned tomatoes, pasatta, onions & peppers for superfree)

Tea
Slow cooked spicy beef stew with mustard mash & broccoli, onions, celery, passatta, carrots & peppers

Snacks
Scan bran topped with cheese spread (A&B)
Coconut bar (9.5 syns)

Last edited:
Hey,

Had my 4th early shift today....so tired! I feel like a zombie.
We're going to view a house tonight, only round the corner from where we are now but it's my OH's boss' house so no contract/bond which makes life easier and at the moment we're directly opposite a really noisy pub. Fingers crossed its nice.

EE

Breakfast
Fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries & grapes)

Lunch
Arrabiatta pasta (passata, peppers, onions for super free)

Tea
5 spice chicken stir fry with noodles (1syn for honey, peppers, onions & celery for super free)

Snacks
Scan bran & spread (A&B)
Curly wurly (6syns)

Hey!

The house yesterday was ah-maxing! Bigger, newer, warmer than ours. We're def moving next month yay!
Finally get a lie in past 5.45am tomorrow....can't wait

EE

Breakfast
Fruit salad (grapes, strawberries & watermelon)

Lunch
Chicken pasta salad

Tea
Pulled pork sandwich, chips & roasted veg (A&B)

Snacks
Bag of cookie crunch cereal (5syns)

Last edited:
Woo hoo on the house! Is it the same rent etc or even less to help with wedding funds? ;) Great news chick x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's slightly more, but no bond so we haven't got to scrape £500 together! We've got £550 tied up in the bond for this house so should get the majority if not all of that back which will bump up the wedding fund! Xx

Morning diary!

Had a lovely lie in until 8.30 today! Was a lovely change from the crack of dawn starts we've been having. On a late shift today, not sure what to expect as when I left yesterday we were short staffed. Meh.

EE day

Breakfast
Scan bran topped with tomato purée & turkey rashers (B)

Lunch
Spicy chicken pasta bake with jalapeños, peppers, onion & passata (A)

Tea
Spaghetti bolognaise

Snacks
Cookie crunch cereal (5syns)
Hot chocolate (2syns)

Last edited:
Morning!

Day off today yay! It has been a looooong week. Serious need of a chill out day before I'm back tomorrow.

EE day

Breakfast
Quorn sausage & turkey rashers sandwich (A& B)

Lunch
Pasta n sauce with added jalapeños & a fruit salad

Tea
Steak, chips & broccoli with peppercorn sauce 2.5 syns

Snacks
Pineapple
Ripple 8.5syns
Cookie crunch 5 syns

Am slightly over syns for the day but am way under for the week so not worried!!

Last edited:
Back