5th July 2013... 350 days to get myself into my dream dress!

Breastfeeding is great (especially now he is sleeping more than 2 hours!), I also breastfed my first so this time was much easier as knew what to expect. He will be 1 next month so it's like 2nd nature now for us both lol.

I don't think to post on mine as I'm too busy replying to others lol.

Thanks, am SO happy to have it finally... SHINY!!!!

I hope it's not TOO busy at the show as Miles will not be amused! I suppose he may like all the ladies to flirt with (he's such a little player)

How are you getting on? You seem to be getting lots of exercise in? Not sure if I'd be that motivated on holiday lol

Aw he sounds cute :D

I'm getting on not too badly! This is the problem, I have to get out of the way of thinking I'm on holiday as we're here pretty much every second month so I need to get into the way of thinking of it as just 'life' - if that makes sense?!

So I've had no ice cream, cakes, puddings etc since I've been here which I normally would be eating every day.

I'm still not doing that good weight loss wise but I'm kinda keeping a lid on it, I just want to lose 2lbs in total by the time I get back which should be perfectly achievable!

Aw he sounds cute :D

I'm getting on not too badly! This is the problem, I have to get out of the way of thinking I'm on holiday as we're here pretty much every second month so I need to get into the way of thinking of it as just 'life' - if that makes sense?!

So I've had no ice cream, cakes, puddings etc since I've been here which I normally would be eating every day.

I'm still not doing that good weight loss wise but I'm kinda keeping a lid on it, I just want to lose 2lbs in total by the time I get back which should be perfectly achievable!

I know what you mean about not thinking about it as a holiday, I think you are doing really well! TBH, you'd do well if you maintain whilst away, I think that would be an achievement in itself.

We actually had one lady who came back from a holiday today (not sure how long it was for as she was a relative newby and don't stay) but she'd had an 8lbs loss!!!

This is a pic of my boys from just after christmas... love this pic even if they are a bit snotty and grubby!
(pic removed, sorry)

Last edited:
Aw bless them, they are soooo cute!

How old is your eldest? He looks like a proud big brother :D

Aw bless them, they are soooo cute!

How old is your eldest? He looks like a proud big brother :D

He just turned 3 in Feb.

He has his moments of being a very proud, really helpful, sweet big brother, and then other times where I am sure he is trying to kill him lol.

I'm actually going to take the pic down... probably not a great idea to keep pics of my kids up. Sorry anyone reading this after this, they are super cute, honestly lol

He just turned 3 in Feb.

He has his moments of being a very proud, really helpful, sweet big brother, and then other times where I am sure he is trying to kill him lol.

I'm actually going to take the pic down... probably not a great idea to keep pics of my kids up. Sorry anyone reading this after this, they are super cute, honestly lol

I can vouch for them being super cute :D

My OH suggested I take them down. He wasn't overly comfortable with it. Kinda see his point lol.

Morning Ellen :)

I've made a bit of a boo boo - I've had my diary moved to the silver members section of the forum (so that anyone in 'real life' can't be nosing about my diary!), but just realised that it will stop some of you guys posting/reading it until you reach 500 posts, sorry :cry:So I'll keep posting on your diary, and get posting so you can get up to 500!

Have a good day xxxx

Hey hun, understand about the move, may be something to think about myself. Shouldn't be too long till I get to 500 lol.

Wedding show was OK but a bit disappointing really. My little man was so well behaved and was flirting with all the women. Glad I went as I got to spend time with my best girlie mate.

Right, back from weigh in and am down 2lbs, taking me to 17st 7.5. Hopefully 4 weeks or less before I see 16 something on those scales!

2lbs is fab, well done you! And that's with being away for a few days this week too for the Wedding Show, bet you're pleased!

2lbs is fab, well done you! And that's with being away for a few days this week too for the Wedding Show, bet you're pleased!

I am very pleased as have not been on plan 100% but have upped my fluids and walked LOTS. Did 6 miles (LOTS of hills) at a good speed on Monday!

Am trying wedding dresses on on Friday, can't wait!

How are you getting on chick? How much longer are you away?

Oooh wedding dress shopping, I absolutely loved that, I'm jealous haha! Enjoy every minute of it.

I'm back on Saturday morning. Looking forward to getting back on plan properly and back to my class although obviously not looking forward to hubby going away for four weeks again!

A shop near me are doing a 'plus sized' bridal event and have the dress I have been using as my 'thinspiration' so am super excited although need to remember I will be a lot smaller by the time I buy it. They have a few dresses I want to try. Can't wait.

It will be hard the 4 weeks away from him but in that time you can easily shift another 1/2 stone and he will notice more as he's been away!

A shop near me are doing a 'plus sized' bridal event and have the dress I have been using as my 'thinspiration' so am super excited although need to remember I will be a lot smaller by the time I buy it. They have a few dresses I want to try. Can't wait.

It will be hard the 4 weeks away from him but in that time you can easily shift another 1/2 stone and he will notice more as he's been away!

Oooh it's so exciting! Try on as many as you can, it's so much fun! Will look forward to hearing how you get on.

Yeah the 4 weeks does normally go quite quickly as I'm usually fairly busy during that time and yes, hopefully I will be melting the pounds whilst he's away :D

Oooh it's so exciting! Try on as many as you can, it's so much fun! Will look forward to hearing how you get on.

Yeah the 4 weeks does normally go quite quickly as I'm usually fairly busy during that time and yes, hopefully I will be melting the pounds whilst he's away :D

Well today nearly didn't go ahead, the boys have passed on their illness to me and felt so rough but was so excited I couldn't not go and I'm so glad I did. I tried on LOTS of dresses including the one I've got as my avatar which I've been using as my inspiration. I was so worried that it would either not be as nice as the pic or would look awful on my still chuncky (or though continually decreasing) frame. It wasn't, I tried it on in a size 22 (even though I'm hoping to be a 14 or possible less for the wedding) and it was just perfect, was definitely the one and the ladies in the shop couldn't believe that I managed to pick a dress that suited me so perfectly from a picture. Think they were ready to offer me a job lol. I did try on some other nice dresses but none off them made me feel the way 'my' dress did. So excited now. To buy the dress from the shop would cost £1680 (if ordered this weekend would be £1344 - they have a 20% special on) and then any fitting costs on top. Unfortunately my budget does not stretch to anywhere near to that but have a lady who has a dressmaker and I can get the dress for just under £300! I just hope it's as nice.

468 days to go!!!

Well today nearly didn't go ahead, the boys have passed on their illness to me and felt so rough but was so excited I couldn't not go and I'm so glad I did. I tried on LOTS of dresses including the one I've got as my avatar which I've been using as my inspiration. I was so worried that it would either not be as nice as the pic or would look awful on my still chuncky (or though continually decreasing) frame. It wasn't, I tried it on in a size 22 (even though I'm hoping to be a 14 or possible less for the wedding) and it was just perfect, was definitely the one and the ladies in the shop couldn't believe that I managed to pick a dress that suited me so perfectly from a picture. Think they were ready to offer me a job lol. I did try on some other nice dresses but none off them made me feel the way 'my' dress did. So excited now. To buy the dress from the shop would cost £1680 (if ordered this weekend would be £1344 - they have a 20% special on) and then any fitting costs on top. Unfortunately my budget does not stretch to anywhere near to that but have a lady who has a dressmaker and I can get the dress for just under £300! I just hope it's as nice.

Aw wow it sounds like you had a great time trying the dresses on :) Even better that 'your' dress suited you and you loved it just as much as you did in the pic!

I'm sure the dressmaker will make just as good a job, oooh how exciting!

Aw wow it sounds like you had a great time trying the dresses on :) Even better that 'your' dress suited you and you loved it just as much as you did in the pic!

I'm sure the dressmaker will make just as good a job, oooh how exciting!

It was super fun despite being SO ill. I thought it was bad on Friday but the weekend was awful. Feeling much better now although am sure the scales will not like me much on Weds as I've comforted myself with quite a lot of chocolate... naughty but was needed lol.

Am looking to get the dress ordered in the next couple of months and then it takes around 9 weeks to make so hopefully I should have it in August/September time. All depends on how brave I am. Gonna order it in a 14 as I should be that or smaller... I better be lol.

It was super fun despite being SO ill. I thought it was bad on Friday but the weekend was awful. Feeling much better now although am sure the scales will not like me much on Weds as I've comforted myself with quite a lot of chocolate... naughty but was needed lol.

Am looking to get the dress ordered in the next couple of months and then it takes around 9 weeks to make so hopefully I should have it in August/September time. All depends on how brave I am. Gonna order it in a 14 as I should be that or smaller... I better be lol.

Glad to hear you're feeling better now :)

You will do it no probs, what better inspiration than your wedding dress, you're going to look fab xxxx

Back