Diary of a desperate girl...

Yeah - I'm a daily weigher too. I think as long as you can cope with the fact that the scales may not shift for several days, or can go up sometimes it's ok. It actually helps me keep motivated. When my weight doesn't shift I can check back and see that it's happened before and feel reassured that if I keep going it will start to move down again.
I have to say the first time I started to diet - a few years back- the opposite was true. If I had a sts or gain it completely derailed me. I think you just have to know where your mind is at - and work out what is best for you.

Hmmm ... Well daily weighing definitely helped me lose weight in the past, so maybe it'll help this time? I'll have a think!

Had a pretty good day today, probably eaten about 1100-1200 calories and just got back from a gym sesh. It wasn't very long, I did 22 minutes on the bike and then some weights. The bike told me I burned 150 calories, does this change cos I'm a bit of a chubster does anyone know? As in, would I have actually burned more calories than that?

Had a really long day at work today, didn't leave the office til about 7 and had no lunch break. Shattered! Glad I still got to the gym though :)

From memory, your burnt calories does change dependent on your weight, because someone who is 15 stone would use more energy to maintain the same speed as someone who was half of that size.....but don't quote me on that! Well done on getting to the gym, it's so easy after a long day to just not bother, the getting yourself there is 75% of the battle :)

Just keep in mind that if you only ate 1200 and burnt off 200 your net cals are quite low. I can't really talk, I seem to be struggling to take on enough at the moment even though I don't feel hungry but I am worried about it not 'working' long term.

yes defo burn more calories in any exercise when increased weight! i did bike at gym today too & quite enjoyed it coz got to watch hollyoaks so went quick lol well done on going after such a long day in work that takes some motivation! x

Haha @ malibu - well, I was listening to my music but was happy to see celebrity masterchef was on! I did avoid watching it tho ... Watching people eat delicious food when exercising isn't a good idea.

So, today was going very well! Before the end of work, I had probably only had around 700 so had plenty to play with at dinner ... But then we went to the cinema (to see Jurassic Park in IMAX - amazing!) and as I had had only fruit and yoghurt for lunch, I was pretty hungry. Managed to say no when boyf suggested chocolate but I did have a lot of popcorn. Turns out I'm a nervous eater, who knew! (Yes, Jurassic Park does still scare me). So, it's just a salmon fishcake and green beans for me tonight. Still yummy tho!

Weigh in tomorrow ... Proper dreading it. Ahhhhh!

I actually remember seeing Jurassic Park at the cinema, I think it was for my younger brother! God that makes me feel old :(

I'm terrible at the cinema, I love pic'n'mix and normally spend a fortune. Salmon fishcake sounds very nom too, think positive thoughts for tomorrow, are you weighing in AM?

I know! I was 5 when it came out. I remember watching it at home and mum saying 'are you sure you want to watch it? It's scary!' And then my bawling my eyes out at night cos I was terrified. She commented on my Facebook status earlier like 'why are you even going, you'll have your eyes closed for most of it!' Haha.

usually I'm really good and haven't bought popcorn in years. Never mind!

Yes, before work tomorrow! If its a bad result I won't be devastated ... I'm getting into the swing of things now!

Arghhhh, 16st 3lbs ... I just don't understand! :confused::mad::cry:

So, up 7lbs then! In a week? Really confused.

I have come to the conclusion that the body does weird things some times. Wrong time of the month? Scales accurate? Sounds like water retention - dehydration?

Why don't you weigh again Sunday or Monday to see if the result changes. With all my best efforts I couldn't put on 7lb in a week so something sounds amiss, don't be down heart, breathe deep, think it through and offload here and I will catch up with you tonight :)

My maths is also bad ... Up 6lbs.

Well it's not time of the month, I've been drinking loads and the scales are brand new! So I just don't know. Maybe they went a bit funny the first time I weighed myself and showed the wrong result?

i definitely haven't eaten enough to warrant a 6lbs increase and ive been gymming it! Never mind - it's a new week now!

thanks for your help chick :)

How hard have you been exercising in the gym? If you are doing a lot more than usual your body will probably be holding onto water to repair your muscles. It will even out in a couple of weeks. It is also really possible to misread the scales - I thought I lost nearly a stone overnight one time because I misread the first part of the number. Prefer to believe sleep was in my eyes and I am not just dim!

Haha well they're digital ... Maybe I did, 6 does look a bit like 5 on those, but I don't think I did. It's possible though! However, what I've just remembered is when we got the scales, Mike went on them and came out saying they're showing him as way too light ... So I'll get him to go on them later and see if they've righted themselves ...

That would mean my starting weight was 16st 7ish (going by what I weighed on tues) which doesn't make me particularly happy either! Haha.

So, I asked Mike and he's saying it was only different by a couple of pounds - so no idea what to think! Oh well, I'll just see what happens next week.

lass - I have been going to the gym and doing some weight work, and also - when I was on the hen do I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst cramp in my calf I've ever had. Never experienced anything like it. Then for the rest of the weekend I couldn't put much weight on it at all cos the muscle hurt so much and it's still really dodgy now (although a lot better than it was). Could it be that water's being retained to help that? I don't know anything about this kind of thing.

I was going to go to the gym tonight but then I had a dodgy tummy and just had some bad news, so I think I'm just going to chill out and stick on a girly film or read or something. Then I can go to the gym tomorrow. So I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps which makes me want to comfort eat ... But I WILL be good.

I think you have been incredibly practical about the weigh in, I know I wouldn't have reacted so gracefully! Sorry to hear you have had some bad news and that your calf is still not great. I remember having one like that earlier this year, I thought someone was going to have to come and pick me up for work as I could barely move my leg :(

I hope your tum is better tomorrow, enjoy your girlie film too, sometimes that's just what you need *hugs*

Haha thank you. One of my strengths (and massive weaknesses) is that I'm pretty laid back with most things. A big sigh, a cuddle and I get on my way. And I must do that this time otherwise in one week I'll have put on another stone nad a half (as that's apparently how quickly my body likes to put on weight) ... Onwards and upwards :)

yeah it's crazy, never had anything like it before! My mate reckons it was due to a combination of the gym, the long drive I did that day and the alcohol. Who knows!

Thanks chick, I really appreciate it :) hope you're having a lovely eve.

aww hope your ok hun! if i was u i would get weighed on the scales at the gym next time u are there as they are 100% accurate & treat that number as your current weight & move foward.. dont even think about the weight gain because if your good itl drop off u & be a distant memory! then get weighed on the same gym scales each week to get an accurate weight loss! no matter what it says just keep in mind how good your going to feel in a few short months if u give it your all xx

Aww yeah, good shout! I might do that actually ... Thank you!! :)

Yeah that's what I'm going to think now. No point wallowing in it ... Don't get me wrong, I am very confused but hopefully next week things will settle down.

It's my dad's birthday on Monday so tonight me and Mike are going over for a curry ...bad I know. But I'm just going to get a starter and be extra good throughout the day. Need to go and make an extra effort though cos the bad news I got yesterday relates to him and last year I was the worst daughter in the world cos I was too hungover to go round! (It was so bad I actually haven't let myself get drunk since then! A whole YEAR!) ... so I'm about to go shopping to spoil him in gifts :)

I really hope you are enjoying your curry, I love Curry! Not had one for a while but it's going to be on the list this week. I never even used to eat it and now I am getting quite adventurous. I think I will go for lots of meat with a naan and skip the rice, tough call.

What did you get your Dad for his birthday?

Thanks! It wasn't that great actually ... Tried somewhere new but it just wasn't the same! Never mind, meant I didn't eat as much ;) yeah I skip the rice ... Cos I usually go for this thing called king prawn puree and its a starter and doesn't need rice. So good tho!

I got him a bottle of his favourite (and too expensive) whisky, a box set of one of his favourite shows, the curry and an Amazon voucher cos most of the stuff on his list either gets released on his birthday or three weeks after! Haha. Typical Dad.

How has your day been? How are you feeling?

Urgh, just got back from the gym ...sooo tired! Was really hard today, left feeling knackered rather than bouncing with energy ... Weird how that sometimes happens. Powered through though and I worked hard so I feel good. Now time for a shower, a little tidy up and then looooots of chilling. Mmmmm.

Back