It's time

Thanks so much Laura for being kind.
The food was amazing and I had a really fun day. It's mental though because that would have been a normal days eating before. Well- I would have eaten more. There's only 2 meals for a start and no pudding. I could have eaten so much more. Why's all the delicious food so bad for you?!

I have been going over and over my syns all morning and just removed a sneaky 6 for cheese, but remembered another 5 for condiments. Groan.
I'm sort of trying to justify it and that.
I also feel a little bit ashamed in front of all of you guys. I make a diary and then I start coming off plan- like whats that about?! Ninny!

I think that because this is the last week and weigh-in before Christmas I've put a lot of pressure on it and was wanting to lose a good couple of pounds. I've only lost 2.5lbs in the last couple of weeks and wanted to make a significant difference before Christmas.
Then I went to Waitrose and gorged, and now this!
I kind of do this thing where I make huge and deliberate decisions which will interfere with plans and goals. I think its called self-sabotage. I totally knew what I was doing yesterday and felt bad while I was doing it and did it anyway and feel really bad now, and now I'm not going to lose by Christmas and there's NO WAY I'm going to meet my birthday goal and ohhh bla bla bla!!!!

OK. Here's my line
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New day. I hope everyone has a relaxing and wonderful on-plan Sunday xxxxxx

Last edited:
Sunday 15th December Food Diary

2x nimble (HeB)
2x fried eggs with frylight
20g reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HeA)
bertolli spread (2)
asda low fat vanilla yogurt (2.5) - what a waste of syns!!!
bowl of speed soup
6x quorn cocktail sausages (10)
half a waitrose balsamic onion and west country cheddar tarte (29)
:banghead:
cucumber and tomatoes

Daily syns:- 43.5/15

Day 4
Weekly syns:- 225/105

Last edited:
Afternoon Kimberley - Lets put things into perspective....

You had 1 bad day ..... its one day not a week or a month stop beating yourself up. You at least have made the effort to try and syn it which is more than I would/did do after my SW xmas party on Friday so hats off to ya. You could flexi syn it if you wanted too?

Your back on it today so thats a positive you could quite easily have carried on with bad stuff using a hangover/munchies etc as an excuse - you haven't done that well done.

Its 15 weeks to your birthday? ok that is totally doable - break it down into smaller goals which sound more achieveable than saying a STONE!! aim for 7lbs first, baring in mind the holidays will more than likely get in the way for all of us not just you!! When you get that 7lbs off give yourself a little treat - a new lipgloss or nail varnish or something - a small treat which is not food related but still gives you a boost for doing what you set out to.

Now ....... take each day as it comes and focus on that, try to plan ahead with meals when you can. If you have nights out, eat free and superfree foods all day and keep your syns for alcohol if required. Drink plenty water the next day and think about the good you have done and not the bad which will make you feel like $hit. You can do this girl and were all here for support x

You know what, it was just one day, you enjoyed it and you've made the decision to get back on track today, so really you've been pretty sensible about it! Days like that don't crop up very often, and you still have to enjoy yourself. Don't feel bad x

I went way over my syns on Fri and Sat night, was drinking and eating crisps with my SIL. No idea how many I had, so just starting afresh today. I could have been MUCH worse, so I am kinda happy that I didn't do as much pigging out as I could have. I won't see my in-laws at Christmas, so wasn't going to sit there miserable with a tonic water!

Back on track today, intend to keep my syns very low until my Christmas part on Thurs night.

Thanks so much you guys- what a lovely bunch! :)

Made a huge batch of "Speed Soup" so thats me sorted for lunches at work this week.

I've made really bad use of my syns today which is annoying, but my head is all over the place.
I'm going to take your advice and try not to fret too much. We have SW party at group Weds, and my mums home from Brussels that day so going to go and decorate the tree with her and probably have a baileys and a mince pie and its my work Christmas lunch Thurs- ordered in advance without pudding!
There's no point eating the crap and not enjoying the crap and then feeling like crap.
I have to eat the crap and enjoy or not eat it at all, and the latter won't be happening!!!
Gosh I love beigeee food! :p

Last edited:
Monday 16th December Food Diary and that

G’Morning!

I had a sneaky peek on my backup scales this morning and I didn’t weigh more than I did at weigh-in last Wednesday.
Hopefully I have time to undo some of the weekends damage!
I was feeling pretty optimistic this morning- like about life in general, but now I’m at work I feel lazy and lethargic and my throat feels like I have swallowed a cactus. I didn’t think it was possible to get rid of a cold and then acquire a second in the space of a couple of weeks. Got to up the citrus and garlic today I guess.

FOOD

2x Weetabix and green milk (HeA & B)
Asda low fat strawberry yogurt (2)
grapes
satsuma
MAHOOSIVE bowl of speed soup :-D speedsoup.jpg
more like some sort of mixed bean casserole really. But delish!
apple
cucumber and tomatoes
1x quorn cocktail sausage (1.5)
waitrose tart (7)
full (veggie) roast- parsnips, brussels, carrots, potatoes, brussels (oil 5?)

Daily syns:- 15.5/15

Day 5
Weekly syns:- 240.5/105

Last edited:
I'm considering starting a diary but I feel at the moment it won't make good reading.

Tell me about it!
However, the pro's are you can keep tabs on yourself!
Thats what a diary is for isn't it. They're not all published! xxx

Last edited:
I've been pretty lazy with mine recently. I kind of think if I don't have anything to say then why say it but really that's not always the point. Sometimes getting it out there, whatever IT may be, can help to motivate. Don't think, just do. If you let it tail off for a few days, so what? Just having it there and the people who pop along to check in is a huge help :)

Evening!
Feeling absolutely rotten tonight! :-(
Cruddy day at work and then hurried straight to eyelash and nails appointment. I know its lovely for me to have had this done (I've been looking forward to it for ages, and it costs a lot, and I do it like once a year if that) but all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and go home. I had to make polite chitchat for 2 hours whilst I was "pampered". Oh gosh I sound so ungrateful.
But then my housemates did Christmas dinner too and I had to come home and now they're all playing articulate REALLY LOUD and I look like a misog. And I ate the dinner and it was DELICIOUS but I ate shed loads of parsnips and pots (dripping in oil) but I should of stopped but I was starving and feeling sorry for myself.

So now I have beautiful eyelashes and beautiful nails, a gassy stomach from the speedsoup, a bunch of shouting housemates beneath me, and cacti in my throat.

Monday blues me thinks.
Night all xxx

Last edited:
:( Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning :(

Don't feel bad about the dinner! You enjoyed it and it's that time of year when all the lovely food is about. It's getting so close to Christmas making it hard to resist! Remember anything you put on will come off in January, everyone is supermotivated that month :)

Ah poo... you sound proper sick...

Don't worry one bit about last night's dinner. Aren't you meant to feed a cold, or something like that? And you were starving, so you had to eat!

If you're sick, syns don't count ;)

The Doldrums?

I’m all over the place today. Like a rollercoaster.
My colleague offered to buy me some strepsils at lunch and I almost burst into tears- weird huh?!

I was due the contraceptive injection on 28[SUP]th[/SUP] November, after having 2 rounds (6 months) on it, but didn’t get round to it and thought I’d give my body a rest to see how it goes. The flipping thing also made me put on exactly 2kg in the first 3 months!
I only just remembered that this could be a factor in my feeling glum. Also feeling poorly sick. Omg-
SNAP OUT OF IT WOMAN!!!

Food

2x scrambled eggs
Linda McCartney sausage (1)
grapes
BFree wrap (HeB), tuna, onions, pepper, tomatoes, light mayo (1) tunawrap.jpg
low fat asda strawberry yogurt (2)
apple
mini roast- couple of parsnips and pots, carrots, broccoli (3)
stir fry- quorn pieces, peppers, onions, cabbage, carrots, green beans, noodles, peanut b and soy sauce (4)

Daily syns:-
11/15

Day 6
Weekly syns:- 251.5/105

Last edited:
Stupid Landlords GRRRRRR

Just had this long, stroppy and patronising email from the landlord who went with a plumber to the house today as the toilet hasn't been working for A WEEK!!!
He said someone had "thrown" 3 tealight candles into the cistern! Oh yea- obvs- everyones favourite hobby.

The money for the cistern and labour has to come out of our deposits and the stairs need hoovering, and he's going to inspect the place after Crimbo bla bla bla.

Firstly- you're not my dad, you're my landlord.
Secondly- the candles in the cistern are clearly an accident. Also, how often do you expect people to lift the cistern lid up? Isn't possible it was lifted to be inspected when the toilet stopped working, and a couple of tealights were accidentally knocked in!?
Thirdly- how can a tealight BREAK the entire cistern- what sort of plumber do you have?!

Finally DON'T PATRONISE US!!!

GRRRROWWWWWLLLLLLLL.

I need to leave!!!!

I want to eat my body weight in quality street and sob hard.

Last edited:
Week 10- A summary

Well, tomorrow marks the end of my 10th week and 1 week before Crimbo.

My 10th week has probably been my worst food plan wise. The weekend was a complete disaster, but I have tried to continue with synning everything- perhaps some control is maintained by just having an awareness of what's falling into my mouth.

As I only had 0.5lb loss last week, I am ever hopeful that last weeks goodnessness will catch up and I will still see a loss tomorrow.
However many new factors have come into play this week. There was the poorly, the hormonal and the ugly.

Whatever number shows tomorrow, if I hadn't have joined SW 10 weeks ago then I could be heavier than I was back then by now. There's no way I can put 9.5lbs back on tomorrow so I will still be more healthy and closer-to-target than I was on that fateful day 9th October 2013.

Bring it on Wednesday weigh-in!

(((Massive hugs)))) Kimberley - you have had the mother of all weeks!! You are so right and you wont put those 9.5lbs back on and go back to where u were, stick with it and good luck for tomorrow xx

Well, tomorrow marks the end of my 10th week and 1 week before Crimbo.

My 10th week has probably been my worst food plan wise. The weekend was a complete disaster, but I have tried to continue with synning everything- perhaps some control is maintained by just having an awareness of what's falling into my mouth.

As I only had 0.5lb loss last week, I am ever hopeful that last weeks goodnessness will catch up and I will still see a loss tomorrow.
However many new factors have come into play this week. There was the poorly, the hormonal and the ugly.

Whatever number shows tomorrow, if I hadn't have joined SW 10 weeks ago then I could be heavier than I was back then by now. There's no way I can put 9.5lbs back on tomorrow so I will still be more healthy and closer-to-target than I was on that fateful day 9th October 2013.

Bring it on Wednesday weigh-in!

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but there is such a change in the way you're speaking now... your posts are FAR more positive than at the start. Remember when you were scared to eat too much and doubting yourself every Tuesday night? Look at how you've changed, even though you're having a sh*te week, your still chipping away at it.

Very proud of you Kimberly (stalker alert!)

Back