It's time

Evening Kimberley - dont be so hard on yourself we all went overboard at some point over the jollies.

I think being on the social team will help you big time. Sounds tres exciting for you hunni good luck and Happy New Year if your not about tomorrow xx

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all.
I'm feeling ultra chirpy this morning (lol- only woke up 2 hours ago so still feels like morning! Tut!)
I can't wait for normality. Don't get me wrong, I had an absolutely wonderful Christmas and Twixmas was full of festivities too. But now that it is officially a New Year I feel excited to get back on it. And do you know what, it doesn't feel so overwhelming because its not "New Year, New Start". I already know I can do it because I started 11 weeks ago and I saw results. What a relief. How lucky are we that we found the plan in 2013? Gosh I sound like a member of a cult or something.

Ok, enough rambling. I now want to sort my confused thoughts onto this page.

It is Thursday 2nd January. I turn 25 on Tuesday 21st January. So I have a little under 2 weeks to secure a fab weight loss, but more importantly my confidence.
I lost 10lbs in 10 weeks, gained 2lbs the 11th week and expect to gain at least 1lb today the 12th week. That is a total loss of 7lbs.
I planned to lose 15lbs by my birthday (well, 22nd Jan) so I have 3 more weigh ins after tonight.
I know I can lose 2.5lbs in one week if I try hard, and tend to lose 1lb a week on average.

Soooo if all goes to plan I could lose 2.5lb, 1lb & 1lb and be 11.5lbs lighter by my 25th birthday, which is only a few pounds off my original birthday weight loss target and a MASSIVE achievement.

I am going to do this by:-

Sticking to plan.
Using the support found on minimins
Being organised

By sticking to plan I mean:-

count all of my syns and stay within them (instead of going over with vodka each week!)
cooking some fab recipes with loads of veggies (I'd like to make at least one recipe from the calendar)

:wow:- it feels soooo good to have that all written down. Phew.

BRING IT ON!!!

U can do it, it's worked before xmas so will work now, u may even have a bigger loss this first week after the xmas bloat has gone :)

Food Diary

2x 400g wholemeal slices (HeB), peanut butter (4.5 syns), plum tomatoes
buttermint tea
Speed soup
mullerlight
pasta with passata, onions, courgette, peppers and cherry toms. cheese (HeA)
2 clementines

Daily syns:- 4.5/15

Day 1
Weekly syns:- 4.5/105

Very pleased to report a STS this evening. That means I gained 2lbs over the Christmas/ NY period, which my consultant swears are the 2 most difficult weeks of the year for slimmers!
I would still like to lose 2lb, 1lb, 1lb which would leave me 4lbs off my birthday target. I can defo deal with that.

Group was sparse tonight and the pay lady wasn't in so I had to do it!! It was really good actually, its strange because I was thinking today- "what if I have to do pay today", as we did go through it at the consultants on Sunday.

I also won the raffle for the first time- passata and pasta- well chuffed!

20140102_193151.jpg Here's a chuffed selfie with my Social Team badge :D

Last edited:
Kimberley your post never fail to cheer me up and bring a smile to my face hun - you always appear bubbly.

You WILL get that loss for your birthday I feel it in my water lol x

What's buttermint tea? x

Oh Katie, you must try it! It's amazing and helps with the bloat. Lickthelid introduced it to me a while back but I was like "eurghhh I don't like mint" (I feel its for cleaning ones teeth, not for eating.) Anyway its by Twinings and its delish. I would never try pure peppermint- yuk! Butter Mint Sensation: Twinings Herbal Sensations

You WILL get that loss for your birthday I feel it in my water lol x

Don't you go retaining all this magical water Sheila! :p
Thank you and fingers crossed for us all this month :fingerscrossed:

Thoughts on Green Days

I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish.
Last night someone at group suggest I try SW's "Green Days". I did some reading on it but feel nervous as the only changes I will really be making is upping my HeA & B. This means less room in my tum for free and superfree food and more chance to put on weight.
Theoretically I could eat 60g cheddar and 4 slices of 400g loaf?! EVERY DAY?! Hmm...I think not.

I might see if I can give it a go today. I think I will only have 1 HeA and make my 2nd HeB nuts or pulses or something like that with protein and benefits- rather than eat 4 alpen bars for example!

The woman who suggested it said I would actually lose better- as in more and/or more quickly.
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Food Diary

banana, vanilla mullerlight
peach activia 0%
pasta, passata, onions, peppers, cherry toms, courgettes and cheese (HeA)
lettuce, cucumber, plum tomatoes

Daily syns:- 0/15

Day 2
Weekly syns:- 4.5/105

Last edited:
The Joys of turning 25

I had my first birthday present today.
A smear test.

It wasn't pleasant. I feel sorry for myself and I want a massive veggie burger with chips and a vanilla milkshake from Burger King.
I've had pasta and salad instead.

Well done on that restraint!! It's so hard to want something and have to consciously make that choice! Yay you x

Just catching up on threads. You're in a great frame of mind Kimberly, I am sure you'll get your losses for your birthday xx

i CANNOT believe i have only just realised that you have a thread!!!!!!
boo to the smear test i need to book mine... its on my to do list... boo!!!!
well done on restraining... my veggie burger was beautiful (sorry)

i do believe you get better weight losses doing green if you are a vegetarian, i never do an extra easy week, some weeks i do all green or mix it up a bit and have green and extra easy days.... who can say no to all that cheese hehe :D xx

Well done on the maintain, that's fab, I'll be aiming to replicate tomorrow!!! Lovely selfie too, I've never successfully taken a selfie lol, I always have a double chin or something!!

Boo to the smear, they are horrible, but well done on not having the BK!

Good luck on the losses towards your birthday, every lb is an achievement!!

Happy weekend xx

Friday night binge

Morning all!
Can't believe how many visitors I've had :D

Unfortunately I'm full of s**t. Both in the colloquial and literal sense.
I wouldn't know where to begin trying to syn last nights antics.

It started with a vodka and fanta fruit twist, how did it end up like this? (Mr. Brightside)

Then:-
vodka diet coke
double vodka diet coke
salt and vinegar McCoys
veggie bean chimichanga with mexican rice and black beans
churros with toffee sauce and vanilla bean ice-cream
2 cocktails
4 double vodka diet cokes
butternut squash risotto (?) (at least it wasn't chips?!)

There was not a moment where I considered SW or the plan. Yesterday was only day 2 for Pete's sake (who is Pete?!)

Ok- back on it today.

Last edited:
Absolutely love mr Brightside :)

At least you've been honest and wrote down what you've had, ypy can easily turn it round from now. When is weigh in?

Absolutely love mr Brightside :)

At least you've been honest and wrote down what you've had, ypy can easily turn it round from now. When is weigh in?

WI is Wednesday. Got loads of time, right?
I've just been on Chimichanga's website but there is no nutritional info available so I can't syn it!

Last edited:
That's great, 4 full days on plan.....you can defo turn it around. Maybe just keep syns low for the rest of the week?

Rae Rae- you're right. 4 amazing days on plan. Starting NOW

Food Diary (green?)

2 clementines
wholemeal roll (HeB), LM O&R sausage, LM normal sausage (1 syn), ketchup (1 syn)
banana
pasta, passata, onions, peppers, cherry toms and courgettes (AGAIN!!! Finished now thank god!)
pineapple activia 0%
Tesco Finest- king prawns and spaghetti (12.5 syns)
:eek: It was 38p! I couldn't not buy it!!!
special K cereal bar (HeB)
apple

Daily syns:- 14.5/5

I'm aware I haven't had a HeA and I do have some laughing cow triangles in the fridge but they are VILE and I can't do it to myself at this late hour.
Weekly syns:- No idea. Allowing 5 syns per day until WI to make up for Friday's damage.

Last edited:
4 days is plenty to turn it all around, good luck ;) And keep coming back here if you need a kick up the ass!!

PS, I actually just googled "Who is Pete" and apparently it's St Peter, from back in the day when people didn't swear as such, and instead cursed using the names of religious figures... I had hoped for something more exciting!!

Back