Jellybean33's food diary - EE from home

What flavour did you have? Haven't had one in years.

Well, my daughter had a strawberry sundae and my husband had honeycomb and toffee!, I had a mouthful of both! I could've caved and got myself one as I was the one that went up and ordered them, but no I stayed strong! (Although wasn't strong enough to resist a taste!!!)

Sometimes a taste is all that is needed to satisfy!!

I'm also (strangely!) beginning to crave super sweet food less, which is funny cos I've always had a sweet tooth! I think a lot of it comes down to habit!

Feeling really positive today! Have found it really easy to stay on plan and not be hungry at all!

B - FF yogurt with blueberries and banana

L - jacket potato, one side with baked beans on, the other with cottage cheese (which btw, I've only just discovered is a free food!!!), served with salad. Followed by an apple.

S - shortcake round biscuit ( 3) and a rich tea finger (1 syn) lemon drizzle alpen bar (1/2 hex b)

D - spag bol with grated cheese (hex a)
And for pudding, we had an alpen, quark and white chosen options cheesecake - it was totes amaze-balls!!! (And only 2 syns and 1/2 hex b)

I was a bit dubious cos I'd heard people say quark had a bit of a twang to it, but to me it just tasted like ff yogurt, and with the option mixed in, it was heavenly!!! I made 2 and gave the other to my hubby- kinda wishing I'd kept it for myself now haha!

Might have a Freddo tonight as a bit of a treat as I've not used many syns today!

Syns = 6 so far (11 if I have a Freddo)
Hex A = √
Hex B = √

PS, just noticed an as on Facebook for 'toffee treat' kitkats!!! They sound amazing, and only 5.5 syns! First item on next week's shopping list lol!

Forgot to add that my new salter weighing scales arrived today, so of course I couldn't resist a sneaky mid week weigh! According to them I was 11st 3 lb, which is what i was last Thursday's weigh in. So I hopped on my Wii fit, which said I had lost 3lb??!! Thinknill weigh in on both on Thursday and take any mid way point as my loss for this week, then go by the new scales from then on!

Thanks, Happy Holiday...I checked first and the be good to yourself sainsburys ones are free!

Today's diary:

B- yogurt with raspberries and peach chopped up - yum!

S- a banana and coffee

L - ham salad sandwich (hex b and 2 syns for flora light), served with more salad! Here comes the bad bit...followed by 2/3 of a Mars bar slice thing (guessing 10 syns!!!)

D- Mexican veggie burgers (3 syns for breadcrumbs included and 1/2 syn for reduced sugar and salt ketchup), sweet potato wedges and peas

Diet coke currently being swigged on, and if I'm peckish later, I'll have a Muller light!

Syns = 15.5
Hex A = √ in tea and coffee
Hex B = √

Well, hubby was up in London watching a football game tonight, so once I'd put the kids to bed I spent my evening...wait for it... batch cooking soup!!! Oh the fun of it!

It took quite some time actually (chopping, stirring, blending, portioning up) so glad I didn't attempt it when the kids were around!

I made a 'super speed spup' recipe I found on a Facebook sw page. It's really tasty and the recipe made 14 portions!

Recipe as follows:

1*can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red & yellow pepper
2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes (I used chicken)
Salt and pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)
1.Chop and put all vegetables in pan
2.Add all other ingredients*
3.Cover with enough water to cover then bring to boil and simmer until soft*(around 20-30 mins)
4.Can be left chunky or blended- I blended it as I watched 'Food Uncovered' recently that proved think soups (as opposed to ones with chunks in and a watery base) keep you fuller for longer!

You can freeze it too.

Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?!!

That sounds lovely. I'm looking to get a blender/soup maker type thing as soup would be perfect ti take to work.
Stupid question, but what does it taste of?!

It tastes quite like tomatoes and you can taste the pulses quite nicely. It's a little like a smooth minestrone minus the pasta!

I'm due back at work at the end of march (on maternity leave currently) so will have to make another big batch for lunches!

Well, disappointing breakfast this morning...I'd found a recipe for egg and quark pancakes so tried it this morn...it all ended up in the bin! It was vile! Tasted like scrambled egg with sweetener in- yuk! So then I had to make scotch pancakes for the rest of my family, cos my daughter kept asking where her pancakes were! Then I had to watch them gobble them all down! Meanwhile, I munched on an apple, half a banana and a cherry Muller light!

Well, hubby was up in London watching a football game tonight, so once I'd put the kids to bed I spent my evening...wait for it... batch cooking soup!!! Oh the fun of it! It took quite some time actually (chopping, stirring, blending, portioning up) so glad I didn't attempt it when the kids were around! I made a 'super speed spup' recipe I found on a Facebook sw page. It's really tasty and the recipe made 14 portions! Recipe as follows: 1*can mixed bean salad 1 can green lentils 2 cans chopped tomatoes 1 can baked beans Handful of split lentils 2 large leeks 1 large onion 4 medium carrots 2 parsnips Green, red & yellow pepper 2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes (I used chicken) Salt and pepper Mixed herbs Water (enough to cover all ingredients) 1.Chop and put all vegetables in pan 2.Add all other ingredients* 3.Cover with enough water to cover then bring to boil and simmer until soft*(around 20-30 mins) 4.Can be left chunky or blended- I blended it as I watched 'Food Uncovered' recently that proved think soups (as opposed to ones with chunks in and a watery base) keep you fuller for longer! You can freeze it too. Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?!!

I make this soup is lovely and filling

I was surprised how filling the soup was actually! Filled me up for a good 4 hours!

Just tried a different pancake recipe...

ngredients (makes 2 pancakes)

6 tbsp sweetener1 tsp vanilla extract1 eggFry Light

*Instructions

Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate bowlsAdd 3 tbsp of sweetener to the egg white. Using an electric mixer, whisk up the egg white until it makes stiff peaksAdd the vanilla extract and the rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well.Fold the egg yolk into the egg white mixtureSpray a pan with Fry Light and pour half the mixture into the pan. After a few minutes flip the pancake over,Take the pancake out a few minutes later, and repeat the cooking process with the rest of the mixture.Serve them up with your favourite pancake topping and enjoy!

It was much nicer! Didn't taste eggy at all and the consistency was much more 'pancake-like'! Although, next time, I'd use less sweetener - it gave a bit of a sickly synthetic taste. I'd maybe even only use half of the suggested amount!

!light have to try magic pancakes too! Although, I try to avoid using my hex b for breakfast now as I find I'm hungrier during the day otherwise!

What are sweet omelettes holiday? Do they taste eggy or not?

Hi everyone...loving the thread!!!!

I always batch cook loads of soup but always struggled with the portioning of it to freeze it...i started freezing the soup in silicone muffin trays and then pop 3 "soup muffins" into a freezer bag! I feel that way the soup heats up faster in the microwave!

The sweet omelettes are the same as those you've just made!!!! but the recipe I used suggested adding a little water & not flipping the mixture but putting it under the grill to cook.

Haha, good taste!

Hi everyone...loving the thread!!!!

I always batch cook loads of soup but always struggled with the portioning of it to freeze it...i started freezing the soup in silicone muffin trays and then pop 3 "soup muffins" into a freezer bag! I feel that way the soup heats up faster in the microwave!

Welcome strawberryshortcake (btw, your username is making me dribble just a little!!!)!

Your portioning sounds so organised! I did 3 ladles in a freezer bag, then tied the top...think I'd probably need to defrost over night or in a bowl of hot water to avoid any plastic bag contamination haha!

Welcome strawberryshortcake (btw, your username is making me dribble just a little!!!)! Your portioning sounds so organised! I did 3 ladles in a freezer bag, then tied the top...think I'd probably need to defrost over night or in a bowl of hot water to avoid any plastic bag contamination haha!

That was the problem i always had, which meant soup staying in the freezer forever, lol x

Nearly forgot...today's menu:

B - (failed sw pancakes!) Half a banana, an apple and a Muller light.

S - 3 x rich tea fingers (3 syns)

L - super speed soup, 1 slice wm bread with flora light (1 syn) and bacon on top (1/2 hex b), a peach, tea and a cherry bakewell alpen (1/2 hex b)

S - better sw pancake recipe tester, a raw carrot (had to share with my crazy lady) and some raspberries

D - sausages (1.5 syns), mash (using some of hex a), broccoli and sweet corn, with gravy (0.5 syns)

Freddo (5 syns)

Syns - 11
Hex A - √ in tea and mash
Hex B - √ 1 slice wm bread, 1 alpen

Back