My 'Woulda, shoulda, coulda' Diary

Food for Yesterday (Tuesday) Green Day

Breakfast Activia Fat Free, Alpen Light 1/2 HEB
Lunch Cous Cous, 30g feta cheese HEA, melon, grapes
Dinner Chilli (95g ex lean beef mince HEB, peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, kidney beans, chilli powder) with rice
Snacks 2 x mini treat size flakes 3.5 synsx2 = 7 syns
Drinks 250 ml ss milk HEA (in coffees)
Total syns 7 syns
Syns for the week so far 7 syns
Syns left for the week 113 syns (8 days at 15 syns per day until next WI)

Looking back at this diary it doesn't look like I ate all that much, but I wasn't hungry at all. Didn't have my other Alpen light bar to make up my full HEB though...

Extra Easy Day

Food for today:
Lunch Chicken Noodle Mugshot, melon, grapes
Dinner Morrisons Perfect Pizza baguette. 12 syns. Lettuce, cucumber, radishes, red cabbage, celery, betroot.
Snacks Alpen Light 1/2 HEB, Activia Fat Free. mini treat size flake 3.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns 15.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 22.5 syns
Syns left for the week 97.5 syns

Last edited:
Food for today: Green Day
Lunch Chicken Noodle Mugshot, melon, grapes
Dinner Potato Wedges, Baked Beans, 30g cheese HEA
Snacks mini treat size flake 3.5 syns Alpen Light 1/2 HEB
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA
Total syns 3.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 26 syns
Syns left for the week 94 syns

Last edited:
Breakfast Activia Fat Free, Kellogs Special K Raspberry+ Choc 4.5 syns
Lunch Tomato and Basil soup. HM roll HEB, 2x babybel cheese HEA.
Dinner Bacon 95g raw weight. HEB. eggs, McCain Rustic oven chips 200g froz. weight 2 syns, beans.
Snacks Sanck a jacks Curls 4.5 syns
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA
Total syns 11 syns
Syns for the week so far 37 syns
Syns left for the week 83 syns

Last edited:
Somedays I hate my job. This is pretty much irrelevent to the whole weight loss experience, but I just felt like sharing. Or moaning. ;)

I totally agree with you - sometimes I jut wonder why I bother going in at all, I never get any thanks and I end up coming home more stressed than when I went in, and every time I have any time off for migraines they ask me if there is anything they can do to stop the problem recurring, I think about saying yes just occasionally give me help when I ask for it and don't constantly create more work for me by not having a backbone - which is something I think managers need to succeed in their job
Sorry felt like having a bit of a rant too
Good luck with your weight loss and try not to let work get you down too much and affect your weight loss goal

I totally agree with you - sometimes I jut wonder why I bother going in at all, I never get any thanks and I end up coming home more stressed than when I went in, and every time I have any time off for migraines they ask me if there is anything they can do to stop the problem recurring, I think about saying yes just occasionally give me help when I ask for it and don't constantly create more work for me by not having a backbone - which is something I think managers need to succeed in their job
Sorry felt like having a bit of a rant too
Good luck with your weight loss and try not to let work get you down too much and affect your weight loss goal

lol. not a problem. Sometimes it's good to vent :)

Food for today: green day + flexi syns. Allowed up to 50 syns (will leave me 11 syns per day Sun, Mon Tues)
Breakfast Strawberries, Activia fat free
Lunch Tomato and Basil soup. HM roll HEB, 2x babybel cheese HEA.
Dinner Morrison perfect pizza 12 syns, 1x Tesco Garlic Bread with cheese slice 5.5 syns, potato wedges with paprika and chilli flakes. 1 tbsp reduced fat creme fraiche 1.5 syns
Drinks 465ml red wine 16 syns
Total syns 35 syns
Syns for the week so far 72 syns
Syns left for the week 48 syns

Last edited:
Pretty pleased with how yesterday went. Had planned an evening in with a friend, eating pizza, drinking wine and watching films and even though I allowed myself up to 50 syns i only had 35 :) This was definitely helped by forward planning (having in one of the little individual 12syn pizzas from morrisons) only having one slice of garlic cheese bread and making syn free potato wedges instead of having chips or other nibbles. I also allowed myself a whole bottle of red wine (if I wanted it) but I only had 2 glasses and then one 1/2 glass topped with diet lemonade.

Really hopeful that maybe, just maybe I might have lost 3.5lbs at WI on wednesday and get my stone award. Maybe.:fingerscrossed: Or at least close so that I can get my stone award the week after.

Hi Laura!

Well done you on coming in under your predicted syns last night, that's great. Fingers crossed for your stone on Wednesday :fingerscrossed: I need 2.5lbs for mine but I know I won't get it this week, I've been bad!!

Hi Laura!

Well done you on coming in under your predicted syns last night, that's great. Fingers crossed for your stone on Wednesday :fingerscrossed: I need 2.5lbs for mine but I know I won't get it this week, I've been bad!!
Are you back on it now? You thought you were bad last week and still lost so hopefully the same this week?

Anyway, slow and steady wins the race. We'll get there. :D I'm usually so impatient I want to have lost all the weight immediately and then I get frustrated and eventually give up and stop going to class. But not this time. This time I will stick with it.

Food for today: Extra Easy day
Brunch Bacon, 30g cheese HEA, 2 slices wm bread HEB
Dinner Hmmmm, well.. there was pizza, quite a lot of red wine, some crisps and half a box of the M&S operetta chocs which are like ferrero rocher. I'd like to blame my husband who came home with all this junk food but realisticcally, I could have said no and stuck to my plan.
Snacks Raw Carrots, Activia Greek style with honey 2.5 syns,
Drinks
Total syns Lots syns
Syns for the week so far 72+ lots syns
Syns left for the week 30 syns. (just going to draw a line under today and start fresh tomorrow)

Last edited:
Well, I was full of good intentions for yesterday but when OH came home with junk food and wine (he had been away this weekend) I caved in. Looking back I hadn't really eaten much during the day so when presented with all the lovely bad food while hungry it made it a lot easier to give in than resist!

But that was yesterday, and this is today. One bad day doesn't mean I have to carry on.

Breakfast Activa Greek style with honey 2.5 syns, alpen light bar 1/2 Heb
Lunch Veg soup (carrots, onions, turnip, stock, coriander, tumeric, cumin). wm roll HEB. 2 x babybel cheese HEA.
Dinner Co-op Healthier choices fish pie 6 syns, carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn
Snacks red and green grapes, alpen light bar 1/2 Heb. Snack-a-jack curls 4.5 syns
Drinks 250 ml ss milk HEA
Total syns 13 syns
Syns for the week so far 85 syns
Syns left for the week 17 syns

Well, that would all have been fine if I hadn't have gone on to do this: 8x M&S chocolate cherry liqeurs. 8x 3 syns= 24 syns

So not very happy with myself. Again, I would like to blame my lovely husband for having bought these on Sunday (my favourite chocs) and brought them into the house but again, I could have said no. I could have put them in a cupboard out of the way where I couldn't have seen them. I could have only had 2 or3. I could have looked at how many syns were in them before I ate them.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just been to the doctors to pick up more tablets for my reflux and been told I need to go have an endoscopy to figure out why I'm not better (I started on them in December and i should apparently be better by now). Not entirely happy about this, it's not going to be fun but if it's gotta be done..

Food for today: Red Day
Breakfast Activia fat free, fried eggs (in frylight), 2 slices wm bread HEB
Lunch Veg soup (carrots, onions, turnip, stock, coriander, tumeric, cumin). wm roll HEB. 30g cheddar HEA, Strawberries
Dinner Lamb shank in minty gravy, sweetcorn 0.5 syn, carrots, brocolli
Snacks 3 cherry liqeurs 9 syns. nobbly bobbly 12 syns
Drinks
Total syns 21.5 syns

Last edited:
It would n't have been a bad day yesterday if I hadn't have had either the Nobbly Bobbly ice cream, or the cherry liqeur chocs. Again, the nobbly bobblys were bought for me by my husband as they are my favourite. What is with this sabotage?! But again, it is self sabotage as well as I chose to have them.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda :rolleyes:

Seems to be my motto for this week.
WI tonight. Have I done enough :confused:

Lost 2.5lb at WI tonight so despite I coulda been better, shoulda tried harder and woulda lost more if I had.. it was still ok :)

Aiming for 1lb next week so I get my next shiny. :D

Morning Laura!

Wow well done on your loss this week, so you didn't do as badly as you thought!

Aw not too good news about the endoscopy but at least it will helpful in the end and hopefully they get to the cause of the reflux. How long will you have to wait for an appointment do you think?

Hope you have a lovely day :)

Morning Laura!

Wow well done on your loss this week, so you didn't do as badly as you thought!

Aw not too good news about the endoscopy but at least it will helpful in the end and hopefully they get to the cause of the reflux. How long will you have to wait for an appointment do you think?

Hope you have a lovely day :)

Thanks :) As I said, it could have been better but I'm done with woulda, coulda, shoulda's this week! I'm going to be happy every day and know I've done my best. If even for one week!

I have to wait for a letter about the appointment which I reckon will be a couple of weeks coming, and then the appointment will probably be for a couple of weeks after that- which will obviously be when I'm already on holiday so then I'll have to rearrange so I think maybe 6-8 weeks? Something like that.

I'm obviously not terribly excited about having an endoscopy done but well, if it's gotta be done it's gotta be done. Doctor reckons I might have some kind of hernia :rolleyes:

syns for the week= 90 syns

Food for today:
Breakfast Activa Greek style with honey 2.5 syns
Lunch Veg soup (carrots, onions, turnip, stock, coriander, tumeric, cumin). wm roll HEB. 2 x babybel cheese HEA. melon
Dinner
Snacks fresh pineapple. WW cheese puffs 4.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns syns
Syns for the week so far syns
Syns left for the week syns

Last edited:
Wow. 6 days since I lasted posted. You can guess I'm creeping back on with my trail between my legs. I've just been bad bad bad. Must must must stop self sabotaging (although my darling husband is helping with the sabotage..)

So I am just focusing on today. I can do one day on plan surely. Got everything I need. Just got to do what I plan.

Back