How can I make the milkshakes taste their best?

I have a Kenwood smoothie 2 go, and blitz mine with loads of ice (think McDonald's thick shake!)

Love them this way, even when it's cold :D xx

I don't like the banana so can't say about that but I always have the vanilla with coffee and really cold water or ice and I have also found that 1/2 a tsp of coffee in the chocolate one takes away that weird mouldy taste. The strawberry tastes better the colder it is made. I have read on here that some people make the chocolate with peppermint tea or mix 1/2 strawberry and 1/2 banana.

Yes or half strawberry half chocolate is nice. Also, if you have orange drink mix try adding it to the chocolate or vanilla shakes. It's really yummy!

You can also add a couple of tablet sweeteners if you prefer some sweetness. I had the Banana one hot last night, with about 3 sweeteners and it was a bit like custard - lovely. Another thing if you have the Exante Drink Mix - instead of adding sweetener I sprinkle in some of the drinks mix specially the Blackcurrent one to the Strawberry one - gives the shake a little bit more of ooomph.

I like the chocolate one made with peppermint tea and vanilla mixed with coffee and ice is lovely too. Loving the idea of blitzing strawberry and ice to make a McD milkshake.

Just out of interest, have you tried using the mousse mix and making a chocolate mousse from the shake? (I can't quite get it right!)

For the vanilla shake I make it to taste like a frappucino and its lush!!
I go to work early in the morning sometimes so I use the shaker and make up 200ml of black coffee, pop in fridge and take to work in the morning, leave in the fridge until lunch time and add the vanilla shake powder to it and it really is lovely! Tastes almost like one of the iced coffees that you would buy in the supermarket!

HTH

Caz x

I tried something new with my shake this morning and I thought I'd tell you about it. I had a vanilla shake and I added a teaspoon of the peach water flavouring to it before I added the water. It was absolutely delicious!!!!

Back