​Bad Breath Shame

DollyBeth

I'd read on here and other places that CWP gives you bad breath, and there is nowt you can do about it apart from drink more water, chew gum, use mouthwash etc. But to start with I didn't feel I had breath issues. My sister started the diet the same week as I did and she said she had a terrible taste in her mouth, and could even see her work colleagues flinching a bit when she spoke. Now, my sister has normal breath and no bad taste, whereas two months in I have just started getting a wretched metallic taste in my mouth, and was offered gum by a friend yesterday - totally out of the blue, she has never done this before.

The lady-shame!!!!

I think the metallic taste is from the products, defo had that too but not really suffered from bad breath.

I know because I said to my friends it'd happen and kept asking them if my breath was bad, lol. I do use month wash, mouth spray, a tongue scraper etc!

My "wonderful" has been pointing out the ketosis breathe frequently and is finding it hard to want to kiss me at the moment.... he says that it smells sweet and a bit like alcohol.. like I've got an alcohol problem... i can't tell at all :( so I'm reliant on him! Mint tea and brushing teeth seem the only two things that he says make a difference..... so I'm trying to keep a distance from people.....

My partner says I smell funny when I'm doing this diet......ah well keeps him away for a while and I get thin...everyones happy:)

My mum told me after day 2! Since them I'm paranoid about it & apologise to my friends before they can even get near me! The price of getting thinner!! :)

hjaine said:
My partner says I smell funny when I'm doing this diet......ah well keeps him away for a while and I get thin...everyones happy:)

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Love it!!!!!

My CWPC says it's fine to have sugar free gum on this diet. I've been chewing it all week. X

my OH say my breath hasnt changed, but i think his breath smells different! Its so sweet, not horrible but i have never smelt his breath before, has anyone else noticed this?

my Oh is on the diet too so we are both as bad as each other .....no kissing until teeth brushed ;p x

my OH wants to go on it but he doesnt want to be weighed by the consultant or see her! he wants to do it himself with the products, i keep trying to get him though as he does need to loose as well, i think once he sees how well i am doing he will want to start :) x

skinnybean2b said:
my OH wants to go on it but he doesnt want to be weighed by the consultant or see her! he wants to do it himself with the products, i keep trying to get him though as he does need to loose as well, i think once he sees how well i am doing he will want to start :) x

Just seen your post, if your oh doesn't want to see a consultant, why doesn't he do Slim&Save as you just buy the products online and weigh yourself at home :) x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Blond, it's the ketones in your mouth, not the products

I'd read on here and other places that CWP gives you bad breath, and there is nowt you can do about it apart from drink more water, chew gum, use mouthwash etc. But to start with I didn't feel I had breath issues. My sister started the diet the same week as I did and she said she had a terrible taste in her mouth, and could even see her work colleagues flinching a bit when she spoke. Now, my sister has normal breath and no bad taste, whereas two months in I have just started getting a wretched metallic taste in my mouth, and was offered gum by a friend yesterday - totally out of the blue, she has never done this before.

The lady-shame!!!!

I have to say this metallic taste is awful! Have done the Cambridge in the past and not had anything like this. Can not get rid of it no matter what. though Councillor has always said don't have gum or mouthwash as that effects ketosis - anyone any ideas?

Weird. My breath smells and I can taste an old milk taste but not metallic? Metallic taste is a sign of pregnancy u know? ;) lol. I use listerine mouthwash I just take care not to swallow any and I've not come out of ketosis x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Re: Bad Breath Shame

May well give it a try thanks its doing my head in no matter how many times I brush my teeth its still there. Re pregnancy would be the second immaculate conception lol

I hear ya!

Me and the hubby have agreed not to sleep facing each other cos we stink so bad.

I live on ice drops its a breath freshener that works amazingly. Few drops on the tongue lasts hours.

Oohh. Where can i get some of them ice drops from. I do find my breath worse after a pack though.

Thanks x

Some private chemists sell them or you can get them on eBay.

They are a godsend but I think they are American as I have struggled sometimes to get them. They're not readily stocked.

Thank you PP x x

I hear ya!

Me and the hubby have agreed not to sleep facing each other cos we stink so bad.

I live on ice drops its a breath freshener that works amazingly. Few drops on the tongue lasts hours.

Oh is it hubby on this too? Mine is and has lost almost 2 stone in 3 weeks! Men lose it so much quicker!

Back