◄ Dukan Bread BLT - A great, filling, bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich ►

Thought this would be ok as you can have lean bacon according to the book and the sandwich was made using two bacon medallions so no fatty rind.

I cooked the bread in the microwave (800w) for 2 mins in a takeaway tub and sliced it into two when cold.

Cooked the rashers on the baby George Foreman, added a tiny bit of mint sauce to the greek style low fat yog which I used as a spread (I know it contains sugar but I only used a very small amount).

Instead of toasting the bread in the toaster I used the GF.

It was bloomin' lovely and quite filling considering the size.

So, two slices of Dukan bread, yog and mint as a spread, bit of med style salad from Aldi and a couple of vine tomatoes.

;)

6210342.jpg

6210350.jpg

Last edited:
omg I am trying this tomorrow, it looks lovely

omg I am trying this tomorrow, it looks lovely

It was, let me know how you get on. ;)

Looking at those pics again now I may have to make another during the week.

I don't know how I restrained myself from eating them before I took the photos! :eek:

As you can see I had already had half in the second pic. :D

Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50! said:
Maybe a bit much for some but I always have mayo on my BLT sandwiches, I went a bit mad with the yoghurt to make up for the lack of mayo or spread!

I know this looks massive but it was only a little bigger than the size of my hand, honest!

;)

Can I ask which bread recipe you follow, I've made it 3 times and different each time and def doesn't look like yours.....in need of some good bread for my homemade chicken liver pate :)
Thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can I ask which bread recipe you follow, I've made it 3 times and different each time and def doesn't look like yours.....in need of some good bread for my homemade chicken liver pate :)
Thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used the first post on this thread.

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/171959-dukan-bread-microwave-breadmaker.html

Instead of using quark I used 1 tb of Tesco Natural Light Greek Style Yoghurt and cooked it for 3 mins in my 800w microwave, in a takeaway plastic tub.

Since when can we have bacon?

There was discussion about this last week - as I understand it lean bacon and lean pork loin was listed in the US edition...

I'm still avoiding....

... but I might try this with lean ham, grilled for a few seconds!

Hey Don'twanna!!! Thanks SO much for this, this has literally changed my life!!! :) x *potential exaggeration* BUT being able to have something this 'normal' which I would have eaten a lot in my past life makes this less of a diet and more of a lifestyle x

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank the OP for the fantastic pictures. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I found this thread from a Google search about Dukan and bread, and my jaw literally dropped when I saw your delicious looking dish. I felt so motivated thinking of all the options (who would've guessed you could have a BLT on Dukan???). Thank you for this!

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank the OP for the fantastic pictures. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I found this thread from a Google search about Dukan and bread, and my jaw literally dropped when I saw your delicious looking dish. I felt so motivated thinking of all the options (who would've guessed you could have a BLT on Dukan???). Thank you for this!

Thank you!

I hope you enjoy your BLT's.

:D

this does look nice.... you could also use turkey bacon :D

Back