♥ .. Ruby's GREEN & RED Day's .. ♥

That recipe sounds like it could be nice :D I do love Indian food. Well, food in general :p

Today ..
Breakfast -
2 LM sausage
2 quorn bacon (1)
1 egg
100g beans
plum tomatoes
ketchup (1)

Dinner -
4 sesame ryvita HEXb
Quorn roast chicken style fillets (1/2)
Ff cottage cheese, lettuce & cucumber
grapes

Tea -
Spud made into chips in the halogen
2 love soya burgers (1.5)
42g low low HEXa
Roasted peppers
1/4 tin mushy peas
Ketchup (1)

Snacks -
Kellogs chewy HEXb
Activia peach (1/2)
banana, apple
tea & coffee HEXa

SF foods -
grapes, lettuce, pepper, cucumber, roasted peppers, carrots, apple, banana, plum tomatoes

5.5 used
54/105

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I love the crispy chicken in sweet chilli sauce - but makes my sugars mental so had bang bang chicken (cold roast chicken & cold cucumber with hot satay sauce on top - sounds weird but lovely) and boiled rice so not too naughty - did have half a bottle of wine as well tho lol.

I find indian food better for me really as long as I avoid the really creamy ones (although I do have a recipe for a fat & sugar free tikka masala sauce - its alot of faffing to make but tastes fab - will post that one too later) - basically I like most spicy tasting stuff.

We are off to Malta - been a couple of times before but not for a few years - love all the history, the weather and the food & wine too!

Although most people thinks it sounds odd it is super tasty - everyone I have ever made it for loves it - need either chapapatis or a flavoured rice (I like Tilda Lemon Basmati - 1 sim for 1/2 pack and 2 mins in microwave) or bombay potatoes to go with it as dry so a bit rubbish with just boiled rice. I usually use a couple of syns on Chilli Pickle too when I have this cause I like things really spicy & my other half is a wimp - think I'll be making it over the weekend - Yum :)

O wow! Malta sounds lovely :) bet you can't wait! :) sounds like you have some yummy curry recipes ;)

Xx

Tonight's tea - late one coz feelin sick from high blood sugars :( image-4007341794.jpg cheesy peppers, ls burgers, mushy peas & chips x

Just been on my calorie counter and it says I've eaten 129g of protein today ... & they say vegetarians don't eat enough protein eh ;) .. X

Terrible insomnia for the last 3 nights :( making my blood sugars high .. Not too well ... Guna take it easy today coz I've Been bombing the gym everyday .. Might nip to aldi n grab some shopping - I'm more of an asda girl but spent a bomb since iv started sw ... Need cheaper stuff !! Hope everyone has a nice day x

It can really mess with your sugars if you are ill or run down can't it - hope you feel better after a rest :)

There is a great green-grocers near me - means a separate shopping trip but save a fortune on fruit and veg so worth it!

It can really mess with your sugars if you are ill or run down can't it - hope you feel better after a rest :)

There is a great green-grocers near me - means a separate shopping trip but save a fortune on fruit and veg so worth it!

Cheers Hun! Yeah I think iv run myself down - spose to be on a week off lol ..

Ooo I wish there was one near me! Iv just been to aldi for lots of cheap fruit n veg! Supermarkets are well dear :-0 xx

Today's food -

Breakfast
2 gs weetabix (heb+2) activia vanilla yogurt & grapes

Dinner
Sausage butty - 2 quorn sausage, tomato ketchup & aldi wholemeal bap (heb+2)
Apple, strawberries, raspberries & cherries

Tea
1/2 can sainsburys veg chilli, sainsburys meat free meatballs, pataks basmati, 15g low low cheese, green beans, peppers (2.5)

Snacks
Danio passion fruit (1.5)
Meringue nest (2.5)
Skinny sf caramel latte (hexa)

Sf
Grapes, apple, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, banana, green-beans, peppers

10.5 syns used
64.5/105

Last edited:
Oh dude! How're you feeling now??? Hope you've had a better day and feeling a bit better :)

I know what you mean about spending a fortune on SW food! Everyone always bangs on about it being cheaper than their previous 'diet'. No it bloody isn't!!!! Lol.
I don't think it helps that I only cook for me, if that makes sense? Might work out cheaper if you're buying for the family and making big meals rather than ready meals and takeaways. But as a single person I find it really expensive! I hardly buy fruit unless I'm at work coz it's so expensive. Can't stand frozen fruit either - ick!

Anyway, rant over, I know what you mean! We're supposed to be getting an Aldi superstore within like a 3 minute walk from my house :D So that should help!x

Oh dude! How're you feeling now??? Hope you've had a better day and feeling a bit better :)

I know what you mean about spending a fortune on SW food! Everyone always bangs on about it being cheaper than their previous 'diet'. No it bloody isn't!!!! Lol.
I don't think it helps that I only cook for me, if that makes sense? Might work out cheaper if you're buying for the family and making big meals rather than ready meals and takeaways. But as a single person I find it really expensive! I hardly buy fruit unless I'm at work coz it's so expensive. Can't stand frozen fruit either - ick!

Anyway, rant over, I know what you mean! We're supposed to be getting an Aldi superstore within like a 3 minute walk from my house :D So that should help!x

A little better ta Hun! Feeling sickly & tired but I no when I get in bed I'm wide awake .. Grrrr!!
Yeahhhh I no exactly what you mean about costs ... I only cook for me - my husband doesn't like much of my veggie foods & if we do have meals together, iv had to make them all coz he can't cook to save his life & we both do shift work so we don't eat many meals together - bloody expensive is the single life haha!

Oohh cool about the aldi - today I got three big bags full for under 30 quid - only problem with aldi is they don't cater for vegetarians much in terms of quorn & soya .. F&v is good tho !! But yes frozen fruit is raaaaaaank .. I bought some once & couldn't eat it - Defo not a cheaper substitute for fresh !! Blurghhhhh!!

Xx

Sounds awful how you're feeling :( Insomnia is the bane of my life!!! Sleeping pills help sometimes, but not all the time, and they're prescription ones. Have never found anything that works 100%. It's awful, I really do feel for you :hug99: Will send you sleepy vibes :vibes:

I am glad to finally hear someone saying SW is quite expensive - esp if you wanto cook your own meals and not rely on convenience stuff. I'f I'm poor I do tend to rely on frozen veg, Pasta N Sauce (if it's on offer!!), and Quorn 3 for 2's or whatever. Now that I've been paid I'll buy enough stuff to batch cook the likes of ratatouille, chilli, and curry. So I'll have 3 or 4 portions of each :) Then can go between fresh home made stuff and convenience.
But yeah, fresh fruit and veg is SO expensive!! 80p for a pepper?!!! I buy frozen peppers now for cooking with - a rare treat to have fresh ones. Who'd have thought peppers would be a luxury! It'll be onions next ;)
Frozen fruit is AWFUL! There is one I quite like using for a dessert - the forest fruit mix. And I mix that with 0% Total and mini mirangues. That's ok. But I couldn't have that or any frozen fruit with just yogurt or something. Erk!!! ;) x

Sounds awful how you're feeling :( Insomnia is the bane of my life!!! Sleeping pills help sometimes, but not all the time, and they're prescription ones. Have never found anything that works 100%. It's awful, I really do feel for you :hug99: Will send you sleepy vibes :vibes:

I am glad to finally hear someone saying SW is quite expensive - esp if you wanto cook your own meals and not rely on convenience stuff. I'f I'm poor I do tend to rely on frozen veg, Pasta N Sauce (if it's on offer!!), and Quorn 3 for 2's or whatever. Now that I've been paid I'll buy enough stuff to batch cook the likes of ratatouille, chilli, and curry. So I'll have 3 or 4 portions of each :) Then can go between fresh home made stuff and convenience.
But yeah, fresh fruit and veg is SO expensive!! 80p for a pepper?!!! I buy frozen peppers now for cooking with - a rare treat to have fresh ones. Who'd have thought peppers would be a luxury! It'll be onions next ;)
Frozen fruit is AWFUL! There is one I quite like using for a dessert - the forest fruit mix. And I mix that with 0% Total and mini mirangues. That's ok. But I couldn't have that or any frozen fruit with just yogurt or something. Erk!!! ;) x

Awwww thanks Hun !! Hopefully sheep will carry your vibes my way later on ;) it'll be post nights that's done me in, bloody back on them on Monday too :-0

Haha, how funny - I find fresh peppers a luxury too - strangely enough tho, m&s have come up top trumps with 5 largish peppers for £1.60 .. Couldn't believe me eyes .. And their lovely n fresh (dear lord, I'm so sad)
One of the reasons I quit sw last time was coz I was spending shed loads of money .. But this time around as a veggie it doesn't seem to be too bad .. Meat is sooooooo exepensive !!

That desert sounds scrummy .. May have to have a dabble in that .. Nom!!! Thanks for the tippage xx

Tea .... Veg Chilli, meat free meatballs, basmati rice, sprinkle of low low, roasted green beans & peppers - well FIT !!
image-1238456230.jpg

Oh M&S food is one of the joys of life LOL! Esp when they reduce things and you get to them before the grannies ;)

I can imagine buying lean/'healthy' meat is very, very expensive!! I complain about Quorn but at least, even at full price, you can get 3 bags of whatever for around £6. And generally at least 4 meals of something per bag? Couldn't do that with good quality, lean meat!! And have you seen how much tuna is?! I used to live on tuna pasta salad and now a 3 tin pack is like £6! Jeez!!!

I do like that dessert. Lovely and sweet and a real 'treat' with virtually no syns :D i'd imagine it'd work well with Danio's too for an extra syn or 2. Mmmmm!!! I must admit I don't make many desserts and there's LOADS of SW ones. I tend to either have fruit and yogurt or no dessert and have a cereal bar or low syn chocolate in the evening watching a fillum or something. Like to spread my food out so I'm not starving!xx

Oh M&S food is one of the joys of life LOL! Esp when they reduce things and you get to them before the grannies ;)

I can imagine buying lean/'healthy' meat is very, very expensive!! I complain about Quorn but at least, even at full price, you can get 3 bags of whatever for around £6. And generally at least 4 meals of something per bag? Couldn't do that with good quality, lean meat!! And have you seen how much tuna is?! I used to live on tuna pasta salad and now a 3 tin pack is like £6! Jeez!!!

I do like that dessert. Lovely and sweet and a real 'treat' with virtually no syns :D i'd imagine it'd work well with Danio's too for an extra syn or 2. Mmmmm!!! I must admit I don't make many desserts and there's LOADS of SW ones. I tend to either have fruit and yogurt or no dessert and have a cereal bar or low syn chocolate in the evening watching a fillum or something. Like to spread my food out so I'm not starving!xx

Oh yeah Defo! Quorn lasts agggges too - & is so versatile - takes up minimal freezer space .. I was guna buy the cats some tuna in aldi - it's like 65p now, I'm sure it used to be more in the 40-50p range .. Well dear !!

I don't really eat dessert either .. Always od on my main - haha ;) xx

Back