too much water?

jjlou

hello all,

i drink about 4,5L water everyday and was told that i'm drinking too much and my body is retening the water. is this true? i'm 5'4 and weigh 77kg. does anyone know what the standard is? thanks.

Who told you that?

I drink between 4 & 5 a day every day.....

Hey,

I believe (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :) ) that if you are retaining water you need to up your fluids to help release it?! I'm always suffering from water retention so I drink a little extra for a couple of days and it goes, then back to normal. I drink 4-5 litres per day too - so can't see there's anything wrong with your water intake hun. Chin up - the water retention will pass and you will see a nice big drop on the scales x

well, i don't know if i am retaining water. how do you know? this whole conversation came up as i was telling her that my first week is almost over and i only lost 1.5kg but all the other people said they lost like 10lb. so i asked her if i was doing anything wrong, then she asked me how much water i drink. i said 4 to 5 L a day then she said it's too much and that i might be retaining water.. sigh, now i'm confused.

Really....What was the reason for thinking this?................are you coming up to the TOTM? You can retain fluid a bit then, but I don't beleive it is because of the water you are drinking....

I would not cut down, try and stick to 4

Do you drink your water up to getting weighed because that could be adding a couple of lbs, I always have my weigh in in the morning and don`t have anything until I have been weighed.

I also don't think 4.5l is too much water - there are days where I have done 7l (granted that does mean 3 toilet visits in the night ;-) ) and whoever said that fluid retention is helped by more fluid is completely right so it could just be drinking close to being weighed - a litre of water weighs a kilo remember. Mostly 4l is the bare minumum I aim for - when on was on LL we were told we had to drink that so I can't see it being too much water.

Back