Extra Easy 1/3 free super!

Ljohnson9889

Help. I'm on day 5 of SW and I'm worried that I'm nit going to have lost. Iv been sticking to it except I'm not having my 1/3 superfree, do you HAVE to have this to lose? I just really don't like salad or veg (except peas, carrots and butternut squash lol) but I do love fruit. Help please!

hiya :) i always try and do it when im on extra easy now, but when i started slimming world i had a consultant that was..lets say..rather poo at what she did . lol she didnt explain the superfree rule to me and i only knew what superspeed was so i just had what u can have with things like beans all the time cos theyre superspeed lol and i ended up losing 2stone with that alone, so it can be done, but slimming world will recomend you do have 1/3 superfree cos thats the way they do the plan. not much help lol sorry xxx

thats ok good luck xxx

The point of 1/3rd superfree is help you exercise portion control, and to naturally reduce the amount of calories you eat because veg is very low in calories. so if you fill 1/3rd of your plate with very low cal veg, then you won't have as much of the higher caloried protein and carbs.

Whether you can loose without it is very much dependent on you - so I would see how your 1st weigh in goes but eventually you will find you need it I'm afraid to continue to loose. For me, I can't skimp on the superfree and expect to loose as my diet beforehand was not vastly different to now - the main differences are that I eat far more fruit & veg, use only lean meat, have less cheese & bread, and have cut out nearly all processed foods. A spag bol pre SW would have looked v similar to now, except it would have had less veg in.

If you don't like veg, then maybe red & green days are the way forward - the superfree element isn't so important with them as they limit calories by limiting either carbs or protein.

good luck on your first weigh in x

thats sounds like a good plan! yes good luck on weigh in let us know the result :D xxxxx

I started off doing EE and initially did not have any superfree because it was not properly explained (or I just didn't get it properly!!)

I still had decent losses, but then they really slowed down and eventually stopped, so I had to start ramping up the SF - it was a chore at first, but I know really enjoy it.

If you are sure there is no way you can get the superfree in, and you feel your losses are slowing, then it might be a good idea to switch to Red and Green days, as there is no SF rule there.

Do try with the SF though - onions and tinned tomatoes count as SF, and they can easily be made into Chilli or Spag Bol sauce without you even noticing it. And grated carrot too. It's so important not just for your weight loss, but for your health to try to get as much fruit and veg as possible :D

Stir fry is a good way to get lots of veg into your week! syn free and so tasty i dont realise its mostly veg. can get some superspeed in there aswel. x

Back