1/3 Superfree Foods Rule

Davey1984

Hey all,
I'm thinking of switching to Green as I am struggling with 1/3 Superfree Foods Rule, but is this rule applicable to all plans?

hi, i think this only applys to EE as you have so many more free foods, but not entirely sure. i am on EE and i struggle to have 1/3 superfree however i have had losses every week so far

I'm thinking of swapping to the Green because the 2 extra Healthy Extras can allow me to have cereal which I love and an Hifi or alpine light bar in the evening - what u think?

Nope, it's mainly for EE but it's always good to try to get as much SF in as possible.

I quit EE for the exact same reasons as you, I really found the 1/3 SF a chore, but weirdly enough, since I've been doing my red days, I've been having AT LEAST a third, usually more, of superfree every day without even trying! :D

beccaharrison89 said:
hi, i think this only applys to EE as you have so many more free foods, but not entirely sure. i am on EE and i struggle to have 1/3 superfree however i have had losses every week so far

What's your current weight loss to date?

lolacola said:
Nope, it's mainly for EE but it's always good to try to get as much SF in as possible.

I quit EE for the exact same reasons as you, I really found the 1/3 SF a chore, but weirdly enough, since I've been doing my red days, I've been having AT LEAST a third, usually more, of superfree every day without even trying! :D

Was your weight loss affected?

Yes it was. In the wrong way! I weighed in tonight and had a half pound gain! It's only a small gain and I'm not annoyed about it, it could have been various reasons which I am taking into account - so the real test for it will be this week to see how I get on.

I shall post back on this thread next Wednesday and let you know how I get on!! :D

lolacola said:
Yes it was. In the wrong way! I weighed in tonight and had a half pound gain! It's only a small gain and I'm not annoyed about it, it could have been various reasons which I am taking into account - so the real test for it will be this week to see how I get on.

I shall post back on this thread next Wednesday and let you know how I get on!! :D

Yeah make sure u do!! Do u think it's the translation between EE and Red?

beccaharrison89 said:
lol was you not having losses when you was on EE and not eating many superfree?

Yeah I was getting losses, but I am worried the plan just will stop working cos of the lack of superfree foods

Davey - all the plans work well. It is a matter of finding which one suits the way you like to eat. If you enjoy the extra cereals and dairy, then green and red will suit you. If you like the flexibility of mixing meat and carbs, EE will suit you. You will be more likely to succeed if you follow a plan of food you like. Good luck.

I think it may just have been 'one of those weeks' - because I know I have stuck to plan much better this week than I have in previous weeks, so I'm going to stick to red right up until my next weigh in, and if I don't have at least 1.5 off then I will go back to Extra Easy.

I initially changed to red as I was getting fed up worrying about the 1/3 SF and because I read on here that people had better losses on Red, but I suppose it's a case of different strokes for different folks, what works for some may not work for others, and I WAS having decent losses on Extra Easy so I suppose if it ain't broke don't fix it :D

Good luck!!

if you are happy on EE and having losses i wouldnt worry untill you stop having losses, and thats exactly what i am going to do. why change if you are losing ??????

what superfree food do you eat a day?

I alternate all the plans. I recently had one full week extra easy. It was a chore.

The 1/3 super free was easy enough. Side salad, free veg, fruit etc. but as others have mentioned, the 2 HEX A & B's are preferable to me.

I will try a week red and another week green in the future. That way I will retain the extra HEX's

I'm not a fan of extra easy to be honest!

I only ever do green with occasional red, I don't like most veg so 1/3 rule would be a nightmare, plus I find 2 hexbs are essentially for me to have easy lunches.

good luck hon

if you are happy on EE and having losses i wouldnt worry untill you stop having losses, and thats exactly what i am going to do. why change if you are losing ??????

what superfree food do you eat a day?

I agree with this :)

I've been doing SW for 3 weeks now and have done EE every day. Don't usually follow the 1/3 superfree rule and I've lost 9.5lb so far, even with a 4 day binge.

I do eat quite a lot of fruit and veg, probably more than I think, but I definitely don't divide my meals up so that 1/3 of them are superfree.

Thats a great weightloss, stick with what you are doing and if you stop losing then change. I am same as you i eat fruit and veg but dont make sure its a third of my meal, as long as you eat it i dont think it would matter.

Back