1.5 stones to lose - how many syns??

HelenJemima

Hi everyone,

I just read on the SW website that 10-15 syns is about right if you have 2-3 stones to lose. I have 1.5 stones to lose, does that mean I should be having max. 10 syns or something? Also, I'm trying to lose the weight in 3 months for my wedding, so could really do with losing 1.5-2lbs a week minimum, if that makes a difference to how many syns I should have. If anyone knows I would really appreciate any advice!...thanks xx

Hi there.

I would suggest you stick to around 10 syns a day Hun.

Also, you need to be aware that you havent got a great deal of weight to loose before you reach target, so your looses could be a little slower than you hope. That said, you could be different!

Good luck!

No - the amount of syns you use shouldn't change. You can still have 10-15 a day and lose at a decent rate, but your rate of loss will depend on loads of other factors as well.

The less you have to lose, generally, the slower it is...but everyone is different!

The key to it, I think, is filling up on the superfree foods (vegetables and fruit, basically) thus having smaller amounts of the free foods, such as rice, pasta, potatoes and meat/fish. That's why SW have the 'third of the plate superfree' rule. However, there's nothing to stop you having half a plate of superfree or more!

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I think I will try to do both - stick to 10 syns a day and eat loads of superfree food! I have been eating quite a lot of pasta etc, and do mainly green days, so maybe I'll try to cut that down a little and stock up on free veggies instead....

Thanks x

All women at my class start on 10 syns - men start on 15 syns :D

I had 2 1/2 stones to lose and I always did 15 syns, except for one week on 10, and I did not have a bigger weight loss . My weight loss actually escalated in the last few weeks, when I lost my last stone.
It took me nearly 4 months to lose my 1st stone and just over a month to lose my last!

Back