1.5lbs gain ?????????????????? WHY????

Sorry to go on about this, but you can't build muscle on a VLCD. You do, however, need to drink lots of extra water to replace lost fluids and avoid water retention. When VLCDers plateau after a session at the gym it's usually due to water retention caused by not drinking enough, rather than muscle gain.

ahhhhhhhh THANKS KATE :)

Hi,

Keep that chin up, you will be fine by your Wednesday WI. Although you might not have lost as much as you do normally, I doubt if you will have put on anything.

I did the same last week in the form of two glasses of white wine. I did come out of ketosis for about 12 hours, but appreciate that alcohol is full of sugar and it was bound to have an effect. Therefore, I avoided the scales like the plague, drank as much as I could, and said a prayer before getting on the scales. The result was a 2lb loss, which was probably more than I deserved but the night out was well worth it as I was meeting Ladybird who sometimes posts on here and she is a lovely girl.

What I'm saying is you have 3 days to go, don't weigh, drink 6 litres a day and keep smiling you are doing great and you will most definately achieve what you set out to in the first place!

Take care x

Hi,

Keep that chin up, you will be fine by your Wednesday WI. Although you might not have lost as much as you do normally, I doubt if you will have put on anything.

I did the same last week in the form of two glasses of white wine. I did come out of ketosis for about 12 hours, but appreciate that alcohol is full of sugar and it was bound to have an effect. Therefore, I avoided the scales like the plague, drank as much as I could, and said a prayer before getting on the scales. The result was a 2lb loss, which was probably more than I deserved but the night out was well worth it as I was meeting Ladybird who sometimes posts on here and she is a lovely girl.

What I'm saying is you have 3 days to go, don't weigh, drink 6 litres a day and keep smiling you are doing great and you will most definately achieve what you set out to in the first place!

Take care x

Hi Shadow
Thanks Hun :)
I hope your right yes I cant see 3lbs off this week eirther so 2 will also be a bonus :) It's great to go out and have some fun isnt it............Glad you had a great time and got back on track,well done you
XXC

Throw out those scales! I think they are dangerous. Just stick to getting weighed at LL and when you visit the doctors. You could become domoralised and fall by the wayside. For all you know you may have retained water and lost it again by the time you weigh in at LL.
So chuck the scales.

Throw out those scales! I think they are dangerous. Just stick to getting weighed at LL and when you visit the doctors. You could become domoralised and fall by the wayside. For all you know you may have retained water and lost it again by the time you weigh in at LL.
So chuck the scales.

Ditto!!

Scales really are a girls worst enemy!!

It's only water weight hun, dont beat yourself up about it.

Hi Thanks Guys I know the scales hate me but I still have to to it once a day :eek: and they still say sts !!!! GRRRRRRRRR bloody water retention :eek:
XXC

Well - I'm back up to 11st 13lb! NOT HAPPY BOUT IT.... Though feel better about my financial situation and also I'm enjoying shakes etc. I've got a coupls ot spricy tom soup though I've been advised to watch how I cook it. I've got a few Thai Chilli's spare which I'm going to keep just incase I balls it up xxx

Back