1 stone in a month?

sassy30

Is it really possible to lose 1 stone on SS if you are 100% in 4 weeks? I am 10 stone 3 and 5ft 5inches.

I guess I want some reassurance. I was so good and just under 10 stone last week and then I binged! 5 days on the trot! Felt horrible! 5 pounds gained!

But today is a new day and I am going to take it day by day! REALY WANT TO DO THIS....BUT I LOVE FOOD SO MUCH......

Yeah, I lost 1 stone 4lbs in my first 4 weeks. Although some lose a bit more/ less and you usually lose more in your first month.

:( You shouldn't be on SS. That probably isn't the reply you were expecting, but your BMI is already below 25.

So to be honest, the likelihood of you losing a stone in 4 weeks is reduced, and because your BMI is less than 25, any weight you lose is more likely to include lean muscle mass. You need to be on a higher plan, IMHO, one that includes the additional protein in a meal.

Edited to add: There are strict guidelines about this stuff - I'm quite surprised that your CWPC has allowed you to do SS. :eek:

Last edited:
Never thought about the bmi part so Lilly is right x

I lost 16lbs in my first month on 810 plan, which is three products, a small amount of veg and low fat dairy, and a generous portion of low fat protein. This is suitable for people with lower BMIs.

Mind you, I wouldn't expect to lose a stone in a month once I was within a stone of goal, as weight loss does slow a lot. It'll take as long as it takes, but my CDC reckons 2lbs a week would be realistic.

Yes, Yes and YES, again!

I was obese when I started Cambridge some years ago and I lost TWO STONES after four weeks of SS-ing. I moved on to the then-790 plan (now 810) and eventually lost a total of ten stones.

Two friends are doing Cambridge right now. One veers between 810 and 1000 and has lost two and a half stones in a few months. The other has lost four stones in three months and one week! She is 55, not particularly active and is THRILLED. She is now working up the steps to Maintenance and is totally full of joy and energy - and over the moon. She has followed the Cambridge instructions to the letter, mind you, and even at Christmas agreed a moderate but 'normal' Christmas dinner allowance which she stuck to!

She has gone from a bursting out of her clothes size 20-22 to a falling off her size 14 and will definitely level out eventually as a 12 or 10-12. The fast fast losses you have read about are REAL. They take hard work on your part, and much dedication at least MOST of the time! But even a 75% stick-to-it rate offers much faster losses than any other diet I know.

It's SO worth it hun x

Back