1 stone!

Angela1

Silver Member
on

not off.

I have been going since September and have now put on 1 stone. Follow the diet and exercise plan rigorously. Can anyone help?:cry:

Are you on RC or Cambridge?

If you're on RC, do you weigh your food? count your calories? use your portion pots vigorously? follow the 5% fat fule? exercise?

Tell us the kind of things you do & eat and maybe someone will be able to spot something?

Also, you do need to speak to your instructor. She's there to help you.

On RC. I keep a food diary. My leader is happy with that, do loads of exercise, running etc a few times a week and walk the dog energetically every day. I do not have a sit down job. My GP hates diets like Cambridge and thinks my metabolic rate has been damaged. What do I do?

Up your water intake. Have a glass before each meal and several during the day. Not only does it help to keep your full, it helps the fat to move too (apparently). Are you weighing all of your food and keeping within the 5% fat rule? - its so easy to guesstimate your portions (afterall we all know what a red portion pot of cereal looks like in a bowl don't we????) I plateaud for a while (mainly before portion pots) because I stopped weighing as I knew how far up the bowl 40g of special K came to and of course over time it got higher up that bowl.

Are you including the calories in things like sugar in tea or in soft or alcoholic drinks? Someone I know didn't count the calories in the butter she was using co 'that doesn't count' was her answer!

Perhaps you could start on the Fast Track fortnight again to give you that kick start.

What has your instructor suggested?

Up your water intake. Have a glass before each meal and several during the day. Not only does it help to keep your full, it helps the fat to move too (apparently).
I'll increase this

Are you weighing all of your food and keeping within the 5% fat rule? - its so easy to guesstimate your portions (afterall we all know what a red portion pot of cereal looks like in a bowl don't we????)
Yes, so often still under what it should be though.

I plateaud for a while (mainly before portion pots) because I stopped weighing as I knew how far up the bowl 40g of special K came to and of course over time it got higher up that bowl. I probably eat too little

Are you including the calories in things like sugar in tea or in soft or alcoholic drinks? Don't take sugar and don't really drink alchohol - like 8 drinks a year Someone I know didn't count the calories in the butter she was using co 'that doesn't count' was her answer!

Perhaps you could start on the Fast Track fortnight again to give you that kick start.
Done that twice, STS or gained 1 lb
What has your instructor suggested? Persevere and keep up exercise and water.

How many calories a day are you eating? it could be that you're body has gone into starvation mode and is holding onto the fat

ok, how about you follow everything we've said above about water, weighing, counting all calories etc. Start on the 1200 cals fast trak fortnight again then after that your calorie allowance is 1400 for 2 weeks. In week 5 your calories allowance will increase again depending on your age.

See how you get on and let me know

Chin up

HTH

Back