1 year at target

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hello!!!!!

I used to frequent this forum a LOT during my 2 year weight loss journey. For those of you that don't know me, I lost 8 stone over 2years and got to target last August.

This week marks my 1st year anniversary at target and i thought I would just pop back to let all the oldies know I was still maintaining succesfully, and maybe give some people starting out hope that this truly is possible

I started at 19 stone having been overweight all my life. I lost at what some people think of as 'slowly'- 1lb a week. And although it took time, I taught myself to change my relationship with food.

Through the help of SW and all the people on this forum on my journey I have learned not to allow food/weight to define who I am.

I am now a happy 11 stone and maintaining nicely through eating well and exercising frequently. I am starting a college course in September to become a personal trainer with the hope of helping people who, like me, had never walked in a gym in their life and would die at the prospect. I am running the Manchester Marathon next year and a half-marathon next month- but my proudest achievement so far is that through my husbands diagnoses with Cancer last October I refused to turn to food as a crutch. I never allowed my husbands fight to become my excuse to go backwards- he only made me more determined to stay healthy (he is doing really well and we hope that soon we will get the news that the cancer has gone)

So....if today is a day that you are struggling and wondering if you can do this or if it is worth it, or even if you feel downhearted at 'just' losing 1lb- please take note that this is possible, it isn't easy and it isn't for wimps, but it is SO worth it and YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS once and for all and change yourself long term if you fight for it hard enough

Good luck everyone

xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• C&B 2008.jpg
    C&B 2008.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 2011.jpg
    2011.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 270
what an inspirational talk on a monday morning, thank you!! :)

congratulations on your fabulous loss and maintenance, you should be very proud of yourself!! Sorry to hear about your hubby and fingers crossed you get good news very soon!

Thanks again ... you have truly motivated me today :)

xx

Congratulations on your first anniversary of target and delighted to hear that your husband is doing so well. Keep us posted on your course and your husbands progress :) xx

Happy 1yr target anniversary!! Just thought I would say I think your looking amazing and it's totally inspiring!! Thank you! Hope you and your husband get some good news really soon xx

Oh so lovely to hear from you. You look absolutely amazing and well done for staying at target for 1 year. Hope that you hear some positive news re: your H.

Take Care & great to hear from you.

BBxx

Great post am going show it to my she has bout 8 stone to loss and was quite dishhearten with s gain last week! True inspiration

Having only recently started plan a fw weeks ago, this story is exactly what I needed to kick me into action. Truely inspirational! Well done for staying at target, just shows that there is no going back!

Liv xxx

one of the best posts I have read on here IMO :)

I remember you clearly, great to see you post again & excellent news that hubby is doing so well, hope you get that extra special news soon x x

so inspirational CP glad to see your doing a grand job and congrats on the year maintaining xxx
thinking and praying you get the news you long for (OH) xxx
loves ya

Hi you look sensational and well done on maintaining as i think it too easy to go off track when you reach your target, good luck with your husband's results i am sure everyone on here thinking about you lol x

What a fab post - it really proves it can be done! Congratulations on your year anniversary of target - any top tips on maintaining for us mere mortals?

I really hope good news is on it's way for you and your OH. Thanks so much for checking in with us, make sure you keep us posted on you and hub's progress. x

Congratulations! Thank you for posting this- makes me even more convinced I can get to my target :)

I'm also pleased to hear your husband is doing well- I hope he gets the all clear soon :)

CP I've decided to adopt you as my guardian angel! Remember when I was bemoaning the fact that I had 2st 12lbs to lose and was so disheartened about gaining weight from breastfeeding and eating like a rugby player. You told me not to look back and compare myself to how I used to be, to look forward, put my head down and just keep going. I took your advice and I've lost almost a stone now! If I had let myself wallow in self pity I'd still be dilly dallying, so thank you so much for your support and advice then. This week I STS, felt a bit down about it but not enough to make me question SW. However reading your post has strengthened my resolve that much more to stick this out. It is indeed a lifetime commitment and it's success stories like yours that keep us going. I'm so proud of your for tackling your weight in such a mature and intelligent manner, a testament to where dedication and focus can get you. Congratulations for maintaining successfully and I wish you and your husband the very best!

Wow what a great post, I am near to target and getting a little anxious about maintaining, this helped me focus on that fact if I can lose it I can maintain it!

Congratulations on your target anniversary and coping with the stress in your life recently and I wish you and your OH all the best for the future.

CP I've decided to adopt you as my guardian angel! Remember when I was bemoaning the fact that I had 2st 12lbs to lose and was so disheartened about gaining weight from breastfeeding and eating like a rugby player. You told me not to look back and compare myself to how I used to be, to look forward, put my head down and just keep going. I took your advice and I've lost almost a stone now! If I had let myself wallow in self pity I'd still be dilly dallying, so thank you so much for your support and advice then. This week I STS, felt a bit down about it but not enough to make me question SW. However reading your post has strengthened my resolve that much more to stick this out. It is indeed a lifetime commitment and it's success stories like yours that keep us going. I'm so proud of your for tackling your weight in such a mature and intelligent manner, a testament to where dedication and focus can get you. Congratulations for maintaining successfully and I wish you and your husband the very best!
Mate- that is such a lovely post. Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on losing that stone- i know you were beating yourself up a lot at that time, so am really glad you stopped looking at where you had been and instead started focussing on where you were heading.

Secondly- mate, much as i would love the job, you are your OWN guardian angel. you are still successful despite normal life, occasionally working away from home AND having a baby. You have a love for good food that i know we share (and proves that you don't have to eat stinky 'diet' food to lose weight - I still think of you when I buy total 2% yogurt (because we agree that the extra 2% is worth the syns)). Be your own inspiration, doll, because YOU ARE INSPIRING

*group hugs all round*

On second thoughts...... does being your guardian angel mean I get a discount at Lush? if so, I accept the post

xxxxxx

Back