10 000 steps

Patchninja

10 000 steps a day; Does anyone do this? I've been making myself walk every day in the hope that this extra activity will help. I asked hubby to give me a pedometer for Xmas so I'm making use of it.

I got a pedometer for Xmas and will try doing this from Monday. It seems a huge amount and apparently you need to get the average you do per day then increase it each week.
Good luck :)

Having a desk job I dont manage it but I cycle to work everyday and try to walk for 30 minutes during my lunch break. Not sure how someone who works all day can fit in the walking 10 000 steps. I don't drive so I literally walk and cycle most places but def dont manage that many steps.

I find doing 10,000 steps very hard as I am currently unemployed and dont really get out the house much.

I used to do about 15,000 steps a day, 5 days a week because I worked in a hotel as a cleaner. I used to do 10 rooms a day, walking about non stop for at least 4 hours n I kept my weight down so easily!

Shame it was a pretty bad place to work, coz it was so good for my health hehe x

I work mornings at the moment so have the time to go for a fast walk for an hour in the afternoon so it's easy to fit in the quality steps you need to do. I was hoping to find a walking buddy here but it seems that no-one walks. I love it as it's free! HAHAHA

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago so still can't walk too far without getting some pain so am limiting myself to what i do right now. However, the doc did say that walking is the best exercise to do to aid recovery. As soon as i feel up to it i am going to dig out my pedometer & work my way up to 10,000 steps though.

I nagged a friend into waking with me for the last couple of days but she talks so much! I love having the time to think and listen to the birds..... I think I prefer it on my own LOL
Congratulations on your new baby, Rayven!

Back