10 months to go back in time 15 years!!

PurpleBobKat

After spending the last week reading everyone else's diary I have decided to start my own.

Start Date: 30th Sept 2011
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs (258lbs)

Target End Date: 15th July 2012
Target Weight: 9st 7lbs (138lbs)

16 years ago I weighed a fairly respectable 9st7lbs, then I met my partner & after 15 very happy years together I have managed to steadily pack on a huge amount of weight.

I've tried all manner of diets (Atkins, Calorie controlled, just not eating etc) & although I would lose a couple of stone it always inches back on.

So this time is the last time I will diet....EVER!!

I am determined that by summer next year I shall wear a skimpy bikini & sit on the beach with all the other hotties. No longer wearing my sarong in the pool. Or wearing long trousers in scorching summer heat.

I chose Cambridge Diet because I think that when you have an addiction to something (in my case food) then the easiest way to overcome it is 'cold turkey'. & as I cannot just simply stop eating, i think that replacing all my food with 'food-packs' is the only way I will ever overcome my insane relationship with food.

My first weigh in will be tomorrow (only 6 days) & so far this week I have found it tough but manageable.

Day 1 - hungry but otherwise ok
Day 2 - Hungry but otherwise ok
Day 3-5 - Really rough; light-headed & dizzy most of the time & slept loads

However today, Day 6, I'm feeling pretty normal - so hopefully am over the worst of it now.

Thank Illa. Just gotta keep not eating.

Does anyone else feel like they should be more active in loosing weight?? I feel like I should be doing something, when I actually need to stop doing things (like eating).

yes I totally do, and I actually am. Along with losing weight I want to get things done ! I do believe that overweight people are less active on a day to day basis, I AM anyway. But at the beginning of the diet I also had whole mornings in bed and faced it all right, thinking I couldn't do everything at once. But now I feel that being thinner actually drives me to do more things yes.

on the other hand, i quite like letting the weightloss happen to me, rather than me meaking it happen. Too much of my life requires insanely stressful levels of proactivity (i have a crazy job), so i rather like this just chugging away in the background requiring nothing from me except to stick to the rules. i haven't the emotional energy for anything else.

maybe i'll feel different when i get closer to goal. still miles off yet.

Anyway, welcome to the diet and to minimins, and to your own diary (!). Are you sole sourcing?

Totally SS. Just three little packs a day.

I worked out yesterday that the cals I used to eat in a day (not a big day either), is what I eat on SS over a whole week!!!

PurpleBobKat said:
Totally SS. Just three little packs a day.

I worked out yesterday that the cals I used to eat in a day (not a big day either), is what I eat on SS over a whole week!!!

Hi. Good luck. I look forward to reading about your journey. I agree about the addiction, I have it too. Hence why joining cd. I think that removing it completely will make me learn to address the times when i turn to food and cope with them another way. Similar to when i quit smoking I guess. Hve to find what the weak times are and find a new crutch. Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi PurpleBobCat. I'm a few weeks into CD now. I joined CD for exactly the same reasons. I felt if I went cold turkey I would be able to highlight my bad attitudes towards food and address them head on. So far it has been an amazing eye opening journey and I have learned a massive amount about my bad food addictions. Feels like the best decision I've made for myself in a long time!

I also like the knowledge that I don't have to worry about making a mistake with the diet and eating something I thought was ok but wasn't. CD helps me feel in control, as long as I drink enough and eat just the packs I know it'll work. ;]

Best of luck for your journey, it sounds like your head is in the right place and you'll do great. xx

Day 6.

As I'm seeing my consultant on Thursdays my first week is only 6 days long....but I've lost 7lbs!!

Although I was secretly hoping for more (who doesn't), I'm quite chuffed with this.

Thanks Xearrith.

I totally agree. With a 'normal' diet I would be thinking about what I'm going to eat, planning what I should have for every meal, then weighing out everything before I eat it. & even then I would worry that I was eating the wrong things, too much, or too little! Dieting became so complicated & detailed that I would drive myself crazy over the smallest mistake (e.g. having 1 extra carrot or 55g of rice instead of 50g). In the end I would work myself up into such a state that I'd fall of the wagon completely & not go back to dieting for months.

Really glad I'm trying CD - as so far I'm just doing as SS tells me.

http://g.static.mmscdn.com/smilies/cry.gif

Had a really bad day yesterday.

After the high's of my scales saying I had lost 7lbs I went to see by CDC whose scales said I had only lost 2lbs!!

The thing is when I first went to see her my scales said I was 18st7 & hers said 18st2. Yesterday Mine said 17st13 & hers said 18st. What I have decided to do is believe that her scales were wrong on the first WI & that I have actually lost 7lbs this week.

However after that conversation, & my CDC not believing that I had stuck to SS rigidly for the whole week I felt quite deflated. Plus Matt had the most delish deli sandwich for dinner & roast a pork joint for his lunch's the rest of the week - the house still smells like roast pork!!!
I was good untill 9ish, when I was in the kitchen while he cut it up & had 3 (very small) pieces.

I feel like I failed yesterday. But so far today I have just had my porridge & hopefully will have a better day.

Hi... Dont be put off by what your CDC's scales read... I made the same mistake a few weeks ago... Was on an absolute high after thinking I loss 8 lbs and her scales read only 4! Even though at that point I hadn't gone off the diet... And in fact I was extra good with water... She kept insisting that I cheated! And so... I cheated.. Really sorry i did now as i had to basically work very hard to get back into ketosis... The resulting hunger pangs were a nightmare!!
Anyway... Keep you chin up... Get back on track... But more importantly don't look back on your slip up... Remember why youre doing this! Good luck!
Xxx

Back