10 or 15

charleybabes

Silver Member
morning all...

just wanted to ask how many syns do you actually use a day.?? do you go for the full 15 or do you tend to stay around the 10 mark..
i just wondered if you had less to lose did you have to lower the syns.. when i followed weightwatchers the more you lost the less points you had to play with i just wondered if slimming world kind of went with the same thing.. like if you start with 15 and then as you got nearer to target you had less syns???

im asking because theres always a little doubt at the back of my mind of should i have that kitkat.. should i make myself a little dessert because im going to go over 10 syns and is that not really wise!!???...

I try to have my full 15!! Have the KitKat! Theres no restrictions like that on sw, full 15 even after you reach target! What kind of a like would we have if we couldnt ever have anything chocolately!!!!!

I stick to 10 but don't get too agitated if I go to 15. This is the exception rather than the rule for me.

SW do recommend 10 these days and I'd be interested to see what the new book says when it comes out.

I think it all depends on your body - everyone is different.

In the food optimising book, it says you can enjoy 5-15 a day, so there is nothing wrong at all with using the full 15. That's what Syns are there for - to be enjoyed.

My days can vary. Some days I'll only have 6 or 7, other days I'll have all 15. It depends what I fancy. (If you want the KitKat, and you have enough Syns left - have it! :))

You could try a week where you have all 15 Syns every day, and see how it affects your weight loss. If it doesn't slow you down, then great! If you find your losses aren't as great, you can always go back down to 10. It's about finding what works best for you.

Hope this helps xx

Always nearer the 15 syn mark.

im one of lifes worriers and tend to have 7 or 8 a day . the thought of eating the full 15 would panic me lol although i have had 10 or 12 but its very rare :)

I have to admit, I tend to allow myself syns on a weekly basis, 105 max.

There are some weeks where I don't use them all, but I do tend to use most of them :)

I know some consultants say you shouldn't count them on a weekly basis but SW still seems to work for me doing it that way so I'll carry on using them that way!

I usually have around 10, hardly ever any less, sometimes more. You are advised to use them so why not!
I think the point about making use of them now incase you plateau is a good one.

i think the reason i get nervous is that i think i'll just end up going overboard on my syns and eat them instead of all the wonderful free food that is out there..
but i guess thats a mental state of mind that i have to work on

charleybabes said:
i think the reason i get nervous is that i think i'll just end up going overboard on my syns and eat them instead of all the wonderful free food that is out there..
but i guess thats a mental state of mind that i have to work on

The trick is to think about it as a change of lifestyle rather than a diet. You wouldnt go for the rest of your life without a bit of chocolate now and then, and if you tried to you would risk binging. The syns allow you to have a little bit of what you fancy. Yes you should mainly be eating super free and free foods, but you can also have a little treat too.

I usually have 5-10 a day depending on what life throws at me, and my leftovers I save for weekends of wine & curry ;) I rarely go over 105 a week (I usually stick to around 70-80) but I like knowing they're there if I need them. Like a comfort blanket lol :D

I actually struggle some days to get 5 a day in which is why I save them (I'm a curry fiend).

It's whatever works for you & your life style!

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back