10 stone and counting

im 21 and i weigh 24 stone, there's no way i can sugar coat this one. if i carry on this way im hurtling toward a heart attack a stroke or death. i want to go on holiday without feeling like a beached whale, id like to get married and feel beautiful on the day, i would love to have a family with my boyfriend (even though im still far too young). but most importantly i need to love myself. i look at photos of myself and think oh god!

Cliche begins here, i have always been fat, or big boned ;) bullied from when i was young, at school i was referred to as chunky charlie (masters of vocabulary obviously! LOL). that did stop as i went to college. now im at uni training to be a nurse, and i struggle daily whilst on shift, my legs and feet are on fire, im basically carrying the weight of 2 people!

i know that ive reached a point where im ready, im going to grab my life with both hands and take control! this is war!

my lifestyle change starts today, healthy sensible eating and exercise will be my diet plan, making sure i eat a variety of foods, and making sure i drink plenty of water. i need to cut bread out completely, as this is my downfall, without thinking i could eat half a loaf of bread, for no good reason other then this uncontrollable urge...

the truth of the matter is= I love food, but i love me more!

ive just quit smoking so im hoping this will help when it comes to exercising its the end of my 5th week without so much as a drag! so i know if i can accomplish that this is also within my reach.

im going to make sure i write on my blog almost daily so i can keep track of how i feel and instead of binge eating im going to write instead.

xXx

:sign0144:

Hiya Bubba! (strange username for a girl!)
You sound really determined - good on ya! I've got a lot to lose too - and I think this site might help me a lot, just being able to talk to other people who understand!
I used to be a healthcare assistant - it was a pain being overweight, particularly as some of the confused patients would make comments! Though it was lucky that there are quite a few overweight people in nursing, so I didn't feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb! I don't know about you but I find that I sweat a lot - which I think is to do with the weight, which was NOT good on the ward! (Once I was washing someone and dripping on them at the same time...ugh)

I've only just started, but one thing I've found helpful when I just want to chew something (I don't know whether you get that) and that is sugarfree chewing gum. I get several of the little things so I have something really big in my mouth to chew on - well, it helps me anyway.

Welcome!

Hey :) omg yes i sweat like a pig especially during the summer on the wards... how miserable! usually the old dears say, ohhh when are you due, im used to it now though haha!

its strange because ive never thought of using something like this before, i find it hard to talk to my friends about weight as they are all sticks and complaining that they don't fit in their size 12 jeans anymore, dont like having a winge to them they just don't get it.

Yeah actually that's not a bad idea, im officially starting today, so going to the gym after jury duty, my aim is to go 3 times a week... (ive been a member for about 2 years and been about a dozen times) expensive key ring LOL...

xXx

Hiya bubba! A lot of what youve said hit home. Ive been over weight my entire life as well, and i got to the point where i thouht im just gonna have to suffer and be miserable the way i am. I never thought id be on anything like this either, but when i was researching aboutnlosing the weight i kept coming across this website and read so many inspitational stories that i just bucked up and joined :). I started about 2 1/2 months ago and im down about 17 lbs total, whicj for me is absolutely amazing. I actually feel now that it isnt impossible and tbh its pretty easy onve you get in the groove. I follow the weight watchers pointa purely as a guideline, mainly cause it encourages the healthy eating of fruit and veg (most of which have no points value so you can fill up on the healthy stuff :) ). Kinda cheated and am doing it with out meetings or any paid program.. Guess im just ceap lol. I use the wii for most of my exercise, apart from studf like weights and crunches and that. Wii fitb is great cause it trackes your progress and there are some good workouts like jogging and steps that you can do while watching tv :). I also looove the dance games cause they really work up a sweat and are super fun.
I really wish you the best od luck. You will get loads of aupport and help from the people on here trust me. You can do !

Hey :)

yeah i must admit i bought zumba for ps3, ive played on it like maybe 4 times, and havent played on it for a while, i dont know why i really enjoyed it i must crack on with that again!!! im quite excited about this blogging site, its nice to be in contact with so many different people with the same frame of mind all aiming for the same thing. im really going to try to stick to it this time.... i hope you get the results your looking for xXx

Youre definitely in the right place :).. You can do it once you get going.. Starting was the hardest for me but now im feeling like i can and that its slow and steady, but im headed in the right direction and my goals ARE achieveable.. And they are for you too!
Id recommend Just Dance as well.. I play that more than the zumba and its really fun :). Hope youre doing well :)

Starting out was defo the hardest part about my whole journey, not saying it's easy as there are times it get's you down but with me that very first attempted walk round my block I was in such pain but it's things like that, that drive me on. Wish you all the best Bubba.

How are you getting on Bubba?

I can really relate to your story, I've not long turned 22 and I was 18st 2 when I started dieting 6 weeks ago. I've always been big but I'm also determined to shift it for good this time!

Good luck xx

Back