10 stone to lose!

dare_bee

Hi all,

10 stone to lose, feel utterly rubbish that its crept up on me like this but here I am!

I've just embarked on Diet Chef (just at the end of Day 1). My main problem is portion control (ok well also that i'm eating rubbish - no-one got 10st overweight by eating an extra large salad). I'm hoping to get it under control once and for all so that I can enjoy the rest of my life!

Good luck to all xxx

Hello :) Good luck! I started the healthy eating inspired by the Hairy Bikers (Dieters). Tried a recipe of theirs and it was lovely :)

Good luck! Im also on a healthy eating kick with a lot of weight to lose. We can do it! X

Good luck! I've also got about 10st to loose. Started Slimming World in November and lost 1st 11.5lbs so far. Hoping I can keep it up but feel I've gained this week (had 5 days of bring at home with mums cooking!)

Nothing nicer than mums food. I don't get to see my mum often as she's in Germany so when I go to visit I usually indulge:) 5days shouldn't be to bad. I am sure you won't have put on too much if at all.

Whilst I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it's so lovely to have other people that are going through the same thing and understand!!!

Hi and welcome to the boards :) It is nice being here with others who understand what it is like when you have a fair amount to lose. I find this place a great support and to keep track of my progress away from just the evil scales.

Good luck hun...I too have problems with portion control, that why i went back to ww...you will have to let us know what the diet chief meals are like. xxx

Good luck hun i think i'll have around 10st to lose too. Have my first WW meeting tonight so first time being weighed and knowing my weight in 4yrs {EEEEKKKK}, scared and nervous but knowing there are other people embarking on the same journey keeps me positive. What are e ladies doing for excercise if ye don't mind me asking? I've been trying to go for a little walk each evening but can only walk for bout 10 mins {powerwalking}before i feel like i'm going to die. Got very disheartened as i hoped i could do more or at least go for long. Still going to keep going even if it is just ten mins and then maybe i'll be able to do 15 then 20 etc. Also thinking of joining my local aqua aerobics class. Anyone know if they're any good?

I mainly do walking. I live in London and don't have a car so I tend to walk most places (or at least walk to a bus/tube stop!). I've found that's helped to improve my fitness and I've noticed a massive different with the stone and half I've lost. I live at the top of a hill and before would need a rest halfway up. Now I'm up it in 5 minutes and hardly out of breath at the top! I also really enjoy swimming. Once the initial nerves of being in a swim suit are gone its fantastic plus no one can tell how unfit I am as if I'm sweating a lot I'm in water so no one notices!

Awh thats brilliant to hear. Hoping if i keep at it that it'll get easier. :)

I've just downloaded striiv app on iPhone, it's a pedometer and you can link it with MFP too. It gives you little challenges too, like do 200 steps in 5 minutes, can link up with friends as well and compete or do group challenges. I've found it pretty motivating and I detest exercise (still, burnt off 800 calories in a shopping trip!)

Haha i think shopping is my favourite excercise. Must download that app. Thanks for the recommendation xXx

Best of luck!

Back