10 Stone+

Guru

Silver Member
I have 12 stone 10.5lbs to lose in total. It is a HUGE amount, although I am tackling it in smaller chunks - each 1/2 stone, dropping into each new stone bracket, each drop in a BMI point, each inch of the waist, each interim target, club 10 etc - otherwise it seems like such a huge mountain to climb.

I think it's probably going to take around 2 years to shift it all - although I now have just under 10 stone to lose so that seems a bit more achieveable than the nearly 13 that I started with!

Anyway, I was wondering, those of you who lost 10 stone +, how long did it take you and did the last few stone take forever?

Welcome, Guru

I have more than 10 stone to lose, too, as do many on here. Plenty have lost over 100lb as well. Check out Minus117's thread, she has lost 8 stone since January.

So it IS achievable. I'll be on here for many months, maybe years, like you say, so am happy to buddy up with you and share tips etc.

Helena
Also beside the seaside!

I would also love to buddy up. :D

My total I needed to lose was 14 stone I think, I still have about 11 to go. Maybe even 13 to go if I want to get to the bottom of my healthy BMI range. I'll see how I feel when I get there, though.

I would also like to know how getting close to the end is. :)

But yeah I expect to be doing SW for life now, as I never want to get to my largest point ever again.

Just think you're already doing so well. :)

Thanks ladies! Maybe we could use this thread every week to spur us long-termers on? It's quite frightening to think I let myself get into this state. I've got down to 16 stone 5lbs twice in the past (on Lighter Life and Cambridge - never again) and put it all back on and more - although I did have a baby so I blame the pregnancy too ;) I'm really keen to get down to that weight again so I can work on being the lightest I've ever been as an adult!

I'm sure you'll get there soon enough! as I said before you're already doing so well. :)

And I would love to keep popping in here. :D We'll all be great inspiration for each other x

I have 10stone plus to lose also. I'm putting 10 stone as target but I will see how I feel when I get there if I want to go further.

You have the right idea in taking it in small 7lb chunks. That's what I do and I never think of the overall amount. It seems to be working for me so far :)

Welcome. It does seem like a daunting number doesn't it? I have the same amount to lose. Its gonna be a long road but it can be done.

Welcome. It does seem like a daunting number doesn't it? I have the same amount to lose. Its gonna be a long road but it can be done.

It is hard when you first start seeing the starting weight but each week you get a little buzz when you see the numbers going down or getting into the next stone bracket etc :) x

I need to lose 14st in total with 8st 2.5lb lost already and sometimes it's a huge struggle

Evening

I'm another one needing to be here for the long haul I had 13st 12lbs from starting point to top of healthy BMI range but think a round 14 stone sounds better! I'm nearly 5 stone down.

Good luck to everyone ;)

I need to lose 14st in total with 8st 2.5lb lost already and sometimes it's a huge struggle

Huge well done to both of you. :) We will all get to target, lets just keep going x

Well done on those losses!

I'm down 3 stone so far but with having 10 still to go it feels not so nice. :/

Feel proud today, avoided chocolate when out.. lol :)

I rejoined SW on Tuesday after a 3yr absence. I have over 10st to lose, haven't thought about a goal weight yet, I will cross that bridge when I get a bit closer to it :)

I'm a long termer too.
I'm just chipping away 0.5 stone at a time.

Club 10 is the one I really want. I've never got Club 10 before, and hubby has said he'll buy me the bicycle I've wanted for ages when I get it.

Hi I set my challenge of 100lbs to lose but in actual fact I do need to lose around 140 but set my first step at 100, since 1st April when I started iv lost around 35 ish pounds, iv been in hols so when I weigh on Wednesday I'll know exactly how much iv lost to date

I do struggle but the best advice I can give is. Or to think of it as a diet, it's eating healthier for life and even wen u reach target weight sticking to the slimming world way is the best way to live your life as it's basically healthy eating and the recipes r sooooo yummy, uv already lost an amazing amount of weight and your still going and taking it a step at a time is he best way, I just live week by week and find that works for me

I always post pics of my food on my diary in hope it inspires someone lol I always get inspired by other peoples pics lol

Hello all - I know MelonCollie and Guru from the Tuesday Weighers thread. I had just under 16 stone to lose when I started and I still have 13 to go. I have never really got past losing 2 stone on any diet so will be thrilled when I get to three even though I still have a long way to go. I feel like if I lose the weight I will be a slimming world member for life to keep me on track - I was a member before and if I'd kept going maybe I would not have lost loads but I would not have put it all bac on and then some so my plan is to get to target, which I realise will take a couple of years and then be a lifetime member.

My first goal was my club 10 which I hit last week and then my next mini goal is to be under 330 so 23st 8lb? as then I will be able to use the wii fit (in theory) apparently it's a bit wonky at that weight but that's the official limit so I can have a go at least.

Hi hon. :) I've lost 10.5 stone, and it took me about 2.5 years to get to my goal weight of 11.5 stone. You're quite right, the last few stone do take forever, lol - it gets to the point where every ounce lost is a victory, never mind every pound - but it's well worth it to get there in the end. The best thing I can advise is patience - the slower you lose, the more likely you are to make the necessary permanent changes needed to keep it off for good (and you're also less likely to get those awful problems you see with excess skin). Good luck, it can definitely be done! :) xx

Congratulations on your weight loss Tracy! I figure we all have resigned ourselves to being in it for the long haul.

Back