10 week holiday challenge!

giles86 said:
Yeah exactly I've changed my attitude slightly because you never know what's going to happen do rather then it being a definate no now it's a who knows they might be able to fix me.

Yeah I'm guessing it's like that as I think I know what Funderland is its Irish right? http://www.hoppingsfunfairs.com/ thats what I'm on about! No I love the rides bigger and faster and scarier the better! I'll try anyone once tho my family and Friends won't let me ride the mechanical bull because of my knee. I love the drop rides tower of terror is Disney is my favourite tho def stay away if scared of heights!!

You have my sympathies having had this hun it is awful it'll be two weeks tomorrow since I started feeling poorly and had a proper new to eat. So far I've had around 4 pro points today i might try super noodles layer as I kind of weirdly fancy them.

I'm a joke and alcohol worker so work with people with substance misuse problems it's infuriating, annoying and upsetting at tines but somethings you get good results no matter how small which makes everything worthwhile. I love it and the day I don't I'd the day I leave I get to do something different every day from prison to rehab to court to individual one-to-one sessions and group projects :) what do you do? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep it's Irish which means it's crap LOL!
I like em big and scary too. I went on one in disneyland paris and it was like a hotel with a lift that drops. That was scary for me because of the height alone!!

4pp... Hope you manage more than that. I get a craving for super noodles sometimes too. They'd be good for you to have because they're quite high pp.

Wow, your job sounds really tough but I bet it's rewarding!? I don't think I could do something like that, I don't have the emotional stability (I suffer from depression). I admire people who do jobs like that... Such a good thing to do! I'm a software developer so it's the same old crap every day lol ;) Not exactly rewarding hehe xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I can put on 5lv in a week sometimes Sarah lol, just stick at it ;)

Hope ur feelin better soon giles.

This wknd I'm goin 2 start my vegetable patch (obv just winter veg like potatoes carrots and turnip) we are growing strawberries lettuce onion beet root carrots and radish just now in pots but were goin to build an actual patch this wknd. Such an achievement when u see the stuff uv grown, started off as a wee thing for my wee boy but ended up I'm rite into it. Tasted a carrot last wk (still tiny!) and they tasted great!! :)

Well done on all the running sarah wish it was me sooo much! Xx

Sorry my phone hadnt updated the posts for the last 6 hrs, but had to post giles!

My mum was an alcoholic up until I was 13 she would drink 1.5l of vodka a day. Then wen I was 13 she took an OD got sectioned for 4 wks and has never touched a drop since. It'll b her 10 yr anniversary this yr 6th August and me and my sis always go to the AA meetin for her birthday lol. So proud of her... Not a sob story just saying I know how it can be infuriating and upsetting at times. My wholeee family r alcoholics. My aunt has been sober for 7 years next month, but my dad step mum r still alcoholis and my 2 grans and grampa died from alcohol abuse! Anyway ur job sounds interesting lol. I would maybe like 2 do something like that, what qualification did u do? Xx

And Sarah big hugs! My mums also bipolar so although I don't know what ur goin thru I know it's nver a good situation!! Xxx

I have no plans for the weekend... I'm doing a car boot sale to get rid of all my junk! Ha.... If it doesn't rain!!

Today I bought my daughter who's just turnt 11 months her first pair of proper shoes! I planned to get her clarks but she's ended up with hush puppies! She looks so cute!

I weigh tomorrow morning girlies... Iv been good so hoping I get a - ... But I did come on today!! :( so I might only have a small loss or sts!

Awww it's so cute. Kyle is a shoe maniac so he has millions of pairs, his dad is a nutcase so he is currently wearing d&g ones! Just about to put 3 pair of his lacoste trainers on eBay! And loads of my dresses. Raise a wee bit of money. Just won £40 on the online roulette. Woo. Tryin to save up so I can buy some new bedding lol.

X

Awh bless! ... My daughter has already got pink timberlands, Ralph Lauren, converses that she cant fit into upstairs yet! Lol ... Plus next shoes and clarks ... Oops!

Yeah... Might aswel raise some cash, that's why I'm doing a boot sale to get rid of all my junk and raise a few quid!

I do it all the time I've never done a boot sale cos I only have items here n there but I'm always puttin stuff on eBay.. I got £12 for kyles old done in converse! Theyre spoiled but worth it lol, Kyles wardrobe costs more than mine! X

x_sambam_x said:
I can put on 5lv in a week sometimes Sarah lol, just stick at it ;)

Hope ur feelin better soon giles.

This wknd I'm goin 2 start my vegetable patch (obv just winter veg like potatoes carrots and turnip) we are growing strawberries lettuce onion beet root carrots and radish just now in pots but were goin to build an actual patch this wknd. Such an achievement when u see the stuff uv grown, started off as a wee thing for my wee boy but ended up I'm rite into it. Tasted a carrot last wk (still tiny!) and they tasted great!! :)

Well done on all the running sarah wish it was me sooo much! Xx

Wouldn't surprise me if I put 5lb on, I'm hoping it'll go off as easy as it went on LOL!

I'd love a wee patch... I've no garden though :( Sounds yummy!! X

Thanks chick, even though I really don't feel like doing it sometimes I'm trying to keep it up anyway! 4 mile to do tomorrow evening... I'm tired thinking about it hehe... X

x_sambam_x said:
And Sarah big hugs! My mums also bipolar so although I don't know what ur goin thru I know it's nver a good situation!! Xxx

Thank you hon, I've decided it's nothing to be ashamed of anymore and I need to talk about it so other people suffering feel ok to talk too, iykwim? I'm doing ok the last while, I'm up and down like a yo-yo! Xx

Sounds like you've been through the mill with your family! My grandad died from a heart attack when he was only in his 50s... Alcohol related. My other grandad died from smoking his whole life... I barely touch alcohol and won't smoke (gave up 4 yrs ago) now. Addictions are an awful thing!

Aw Lydia that's a shame uv put on weight... Duno if this is what it is but I bought these tablets from bodycare called herbalstore slimming aid £2 for 60 and I have done the toilet 3 days in a row on my own lol, not happened since I was born I don't think!

That's such a shame to hear about ur brother, I know what u mean my mums had a few friends who are heroin addicts and my step sis is too, and so was OH stepmum who we were living with for 6 months. Most are lovely people, just got theirself into a total mess. It's heartbreaking actually. Theyre not out 2 hurt people they jst end up doing so in the way of thieving and lying..they just can't help it.

So have u got something 2 wear 4 the wedding yet? X

Lost 3lbs :)

I can beat that Lydia... I've put on 4lb since last Friday lol!! Dunno how I managed it. It was 3lb on Sunday and then I was good the last 2 days but still somehow put on a lb? Very strange. I'm drinking plenty of water and everything (I thought that would help!) but haven't been to the loo in a couple days so that's really annoying. Lets hope it goes off us as quick as it goes on eh!? x

Addictions are awful things and people can be very cruel about addicts. They do hurt people but it's an illness just like anything else - they didn't _want_ to get into that mess, who would!?

Well done on the loss Chantelle, any tips for me? I'm fighting a losing battle with my weight these days lol!! xx

x_sambam_x said:
Sorry my phone hadnt updated the posts for the last 6 hrs, but had to post giles!

My mum was an alcoholic up until I was 13 she would drink 1.5l of vodka a day. Then wen I was 13 she took an OD got sectioned for 4 wks and has never touched a drop since. It'll b her 10 yr anniversary this yr 6th August and me and my sis always go to the AA meetin for her birthday lol. So proud of her... Not a sob story just saying I know how it can be infuriating and upsetting at times. My wholeee family r alcoholics. My aunt has been sober for 7 years next month, but my dad step mum r still alcoholis and my 2 grans and grampa died from alcohol abuse! Anyway ur job sounds interesting lol. I would maybe like 2 do something like that, what qualification did u do? Xx

Hey hun sorry for the late reply

Your mum has done so well 10yrs in August is no small achievement and I think it's lovely that you and your sister go to the meetings with her for her AA birthday family support makes a huge difference to a lot of people suffering from addictions. Your aunt has done brilliantly as well.

I see so many people at work from all different walks of life and the things they have been through and overcome are remarkable it's stories like these that make my job the best in the world and it very much is a case of there but for the grace of god I go as the one thing addictions, to any substance especially alcohol, doesn't do is discriminate it can effect anyone at all, from 10yrs to 90+

I am a qualified social worker which is how I got into my job however you don't have to have that qualification to do it, my company ask for a qualification in health and social care generally a level 3 NVQ as a starting point however a lot of companies take on volunteers who then progress through the company as they can access all in house training and are willing to do further qualifications.

You can also get into this area through having a counselling qualification but the main thing is having a passion for what your doing and you have something many people won't have, experience within a situation that a lot of other people only learn about through reading books which with the best will in the world isn't as good as experiencing these things in order to help people.

If you want any other information just let me know xx

azwethinkweiz said:
Yep it's Irish which means it's crap LOL!
I like em big and scary too. I went on one in disneyland paris and it was like a hotel with a lift that drops. That was scary for me because of the height alone!!

4pp... Hope you manage more than that. I get a craving for super noodles sometimes too. They'd be good for you to have because they're quite high pp.

Wow, your job sounds really tough but I bet it's rewarding!? I don't think I could do something like that, I don't have the emotional stability (I suffer from depression). I admire people who do jobs like that... Such a good thing to do! I'm a software developer so it's the same old crap every day lol ;) Not exactly rewarding hehe xx

Hey there is nothing wrong with being a software developer that's a job I could never do because I have no technical ability at all! I wish I did tho! I wouldn't say I have the best emotional stability in the world as I do the worst thing possible I take my job home with me but sometimes you can't help it!

Iv gone to the pub and had gammon steak ... My treat of the week after my success!

I never had a pudding... Just a meal! Nom nom

I totally would've had a pudding lol... I've no will power. Used 28pp today but I went for a 4 mile run this evening so hoping that'll take care of the extra 2pp. It was _roasting_ out so it wasnt much fun. Took me 44 mins which is... Ok...

Got an appointment with a psychologist tomorrow, then I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon (anyone else had trouble with their wisdom teeth?). So... a really fun day lined up lol...

I just never felt like one tbh, if I would of wanted one I would of had it! ...

Iv now dropped a point to so im
on 27 instead 28! Damn!

I have work tomorrow ... :( Bohoo!

Sarah I had a wwisdom tooth taken out a couple months go as it was causing me trouble!

Was it really really painful hon?? I'm freaking out. I had a very bad experience getting a tooth out when I was 15 :(

Ugh going down a point sucks. I went from 29pp to 26pp - suuuuucks. But... Means you're closer to goal :) x

Back