10 week holiday challenge!

Hey hun sorry for the late reply

Your mum has done so well 10yrs in August is no small achievement and I think it's lovely that you and your sister go to the meetings with her for her AA birthday family support makes a huge difference to a lot of people suffering from addictions. Your aunt has done brilliantly as well.

I see so many people at work from all different walks of life and the things they have been through and overcome are remarkable it's stories like these that make my job the best in the world and it very much is a case of there but for the grace of god I go as the one thing addictions, to any substance especially alcohol, doesn't do is discriminate it can effect anyone at all, from 10yrs to 90+

I am a qualified social worker which is how I got into my job however you don't have to have that qualification to do it, my company ask for a qualification in health and social care generally a level 3 NVQ as a starting point however a lot of companies take on volunteers who then progress through the company as they can access all in house training and are willing to do further qualifications.

You can also get into this area through having a counselling qualification but the main thing is having a passion for what your doing and you have something many people won't have, experience within a situation that a lot of other people only learn about through reading books which with the best will in the world isn't as good as experiencing these things in order to help people.

If you want any other information just let me know xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much for the information Giles... I know my Mum has done brilliant, 10 years ago I would have never thought she or my Aunt would be where thy are now. She also gave up smoking (was smoking for 30 yrs) 3 days before I gave birth to my wee boy. Such a strong lady!

I wish I could do a bit of volunteering in that department, but I don't have any spare time...

It is something I'm very interested in, my job right now is sooo boring I have no interest whatsoever, I'm doing eccomerce data input...

Your job must be so rewarding :) I'll look into Level 3 NVQ In health and social care.

Thanks for ur help xxx

Well done CHantelle 3lb off!! :) And well done on ur run Sarah...

I've not had problems with my wisdom teeth but theyre both coming thru. OH has an appt at the dental hosp next wk to get a wisdom tooth out.

I ate far too many points last night. I had about 35 :-s Cos I made cakes with my wee boy, and then made a victoria sponge with butter cream inside and icing on top, lots of spoons were licked lol!!

It's the weekend thats a killer for me, we go out for a 3 course meal at least one day and at least 1 night have a takeaway :( x

Was it really really painful hon?? I'm freaking out. I had a very bad experience getting a tooth out when I was 15 :(

Ugh going down a point sucks. I went from 29pp to 26pp - suuuuucks. But... Means you're closer to goal :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I went to the dental hospital and had it taken out and i was given some sort of gas so i cant rememeber anything at all...
I hate dentists so wont let a normal one take a tooth out!

thanks sam! ... :)

back to being good today!

Louise88 14lbs (0lbs lost, 14lbs to go)
Snugglepuss 7lbs (2.5lbs lost, 4.5lbs to go)
LydiaHoyle 14lbs (2lbs lost, 12lbs to go)
CHL_X3 14lbs (10.5lbs lost, 3.5lbs to go)
x_sambam_x 14lb (3b lost, 11lb to go)
azwethinkweiz 9lb (2lb lost, 7lb to go)
LoveHandles 7lb (3.5lb lost, 3.5lb to go)
Giles86 (7lbs lost 5lbs to go)

Can someone update my 1lb gain please x

Thanks sam, it killed me to do those 4miles lol!! Dunno how I'll manage 5miles on Saturday :p x

A dental hospital? I dunno what that is... I don't think we have them here, we just have normal dental clinics. I hope I could be gassed if I have to get it taken out. I had 6 baby back teeth removed as a child and they put me to sleep for it in the hospital (because I was so young) but I don't think they do that for a normal procedure as an adult now. I'll let ya's know how I get on anyway.

Psychologist was weird because it was a guy who was only around my age... I was expecting some old man with candy floss hair and big glasses lol.

Yeh we have dental hospitals here. I had 2 get a tooth out last yr raging cos it was a perfectly fine tooth, I just had an access under it and it was Christmas eve my face was like a tennis ball and I eventually asked them 2 rip it out! Now I've got a big gap when I smile does my head in.. Cos I can't get a fake one the space is too small :(

Aw the psychologist was strange, was it awkward? Id assume it would be an awkward situation anyway without it being someone who u maybe don't feel has the right experience? Hope it all goes ok..

I've not ate so great and I don't know what it is but im goin 2 go home and pig out tonite I know I am. Ive been needing it all day? I want a chippy or a Chinese for dinner and then im having chocolate. Maybe it's the horrible weather? Xx

Turns out the gum around the wisdom tooth has a wee infection and he just gave me an anti biotic for it, it feels better already. So hopefully I don't have to get it taken out! Gotta go back for a check up in a few weeks.

It was verrry strange talking to someone who's only my age. I'll just have to see how it goes I suppose? I'll try anything now to be better :(

Oh I've already used 34pp today, can you believe that? Haven't even had dinner yet! I'm always bad on WI day lol. I gained 1.5lb which is fine... Better than the 4lb I saw earlier in the week!! X

Awwh that's dead cute Lydia... If it's just marshmallow I wouldn't say it's more than 2 or 3pp? X

Aww i love me2u stuff! Thats dead cute xxx

Id say 4 cuz its sugary. I still have a me2u chocolate bar i wont touch lol x

Hey ladies, i haven't managed to get on much i'v been so busy!
I've been really good though and had only eaten about 4 extra pp until yesterday when, like Sam baked a cake and was eating the offcuts!! lol...I think i'm safe though.

I have just weighed and have lost 3lb! However don't normally weigh till monday but i go away tomorrow so im not going to change my stats but its good to know :)

Off to Portugal tomorrow for a week, so i will see you in a week with at least 7lb exra weight!! I put on so easy and its all inclusive ;)

Have good weeks ladies xxx

I just havnt been good at all this week!! Had sooo much chocolate! I feel another big gain coming this week! Xx

Put on a lb! Knew it but I've been awful.. X

Lost half a pound this week still poorly but half a pound is better then the gain I thought it would be

Thanks ladies!

Next week I will break down into the next stone!

well done!

well iv been naughty last couple days lol... oppzz...il put on wed, and start again.. no biggie! x

HI girls, weve all been very quiet lol :sigh:

Hope that doesnt mean weve all been bad...Does for me though, I've been acting like Im not on a diet...!!

SCared 2 weigh myself, has been tom and Ive been eating like a pig :( Getting so depressed with it now..

x

I gained 2lbs :( oops.... Been good today though had all 27pp

Back