• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

10% weight loss research -new

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
S: 11st8lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 0st8lb(4.94%)
Hot off the press in today's nursing magazine: "A weight loss target of 5-10% achieved through lifestyle changes (ie diet /exercise) has shown to reduce progression to diabetes by an impressive 58% over 4 to 6 years. A single unit decrease in BMI is associated with a reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes of 13%" Diet plan to achieve effective weight loss. Dr David Haslam. Independent nurse 21st September 2009;40

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
58%? Now that makes me feel good! That was one of the reasons I started SW, (to avoid diabetes)

lesserme

shrinking granny
S: 12st10lb C: 12st7lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.69%)
I was diagnosed with diabetes in Jan this year, told them I did not want meds and wanted to try it on my own for a while.

Well, I didn't really do much to help myself then, in July I joined slimming world and now my sugars are well within nornmal limits and my cholestrol has drop to normal limits :D:D

Thats interesting. I didn't realise it would have such an effect. I had gestational diabetes so I'm told I have a higher chance of ending up with type 2 at some point. One of the reasons I want to lose weight is to at least reduce my chances that way.
Thanks for that!

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
S: 11st8lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 0st8lb(4.94%)
I was diagnosed with diabetes in Jan this year, told them I did not want meds and wanted to try it on my own for a while.

Well, I didn't really do much to help myself then, in July I joined slimming world and now my sugars are well within nornmal limits and my cholestrol has drop to normal limits :D:D
that is brilliant well done x